"Xbox" The Next Generation

SykoWolf

Sorry for the Star Trek Reference

But Big News......

MORE XBOX INFO

viewer.jpg

The new Xbox will reportedly sport "massive power," with a four-core CPU more powerful than any gaming PC. This will result in an increase in general performance—graphics, A.I., everything—in the next generation of games. DirectX 11 will increase game performance even further. And the new console will play Blu-ray discs, too—except for the "slim" version, which will be download-only.

Kinect 2.0 will come as a pack-in with the next Xbox. It can reportedly track up to four players and read minute movements right down to your fingers. Other technology—called Omnitouch—will allow Microsoft to explore some crazy augmented reality. This involves a new peripheral, and though details are scarce, it seems game characters and environments will be projected directly into your living room in full 3D. Yes, like Cortana.

Moving on: the new Xbox will reportedly take advantage of 3D sound that can come from anywhere at once, simulating real surround sound—not just 5.1 or 7.1 surround.

Other rumors touch on the controller—it could feature a touch screen, programmable buttons, or changes even more extreme—plus cloud and always-on gaming, a radically different interface, and a new Microsoft that's friendlier to developers. There are too many details to list here, so head over to CVG to get the full scoop.

Syko's Note: Now remember this isnt completely confirmed by Microsoft, but it was told to Xbox World by Micro$oft at some point.

View full article

''with a four-core CPU more powerful than any gaming PC.''

That Part made me Laugh. As much as i love Xbox as much as PC, a small 400 - 600 $ Will never beat a 2000 - 8000$ Gaming Computer. With PCIe 3.0 and possibilities of 3 GPUs on Computer and DX11 out its been a LONG TIME, it won't beat it ever, because it is more advanced technologically. Those saying it's not doesn't know anything about Machines. Also i bet the new XBOX won't do a 15% of the capable job an Intel Core i7 990X will do (It's 1000$ ALONE just for the CPU. And is one of the BEST on the Market, by the way.) I mean come on let's be realist .... I love Xbox Machine, but i think this part is a bit too much of Marketing, ANYWAYS can't wait for the New Xbox, looks interesting!!!

Syopsis123 is completely right. "Better than any gaming PC"? Are you serious, Microsoft, either you'll be slapping this thing with a price tag of over one grand (looking at your target audience, they neither have the money or intention of spending that much on a gaming console) or you'll be using garbage tech. Either way, if they're promising the specs of what's in the article, everyone should prepare for a price tag around $800. Not that that bothers me, I've dropped a few grand on my gaming laptop without flinching. I'm thinking in terms of the kids.

Seriously as long as consoles continue to reside at their current price points they quite simply can't have the latest tech or keep up with PC gaming.

''with a four-core CPU more powerful than any gaming PC.''

That Part made me Laugh. As much as i love Xbox as much as PC, a small 400 - 600 $ Will never beat a 2000 - 8000$ Gaming Computer. With PCIe 3.0 and possibilities of 3 GPUs on Computer and DX11 out its been a LONG TIME, it won't beat it ever, because it is more advanced technologically. Those saying it's not doesn't know anything about Machines. Also i bet the new XBOX won't do a 15% of the capable job an Intel Core i7 990X will do (It's 1000$ ALONE just for the CPU. And is one of the BEST on the Market, by the way.) I mean come on let's be realist .... I love Xbox Machine, but i think this part is a bit too much of Marketing, ANYWAYS can't wait for the New Xbox, looks interesting!!!

i was thining the same thing when i read that

Correct, it can not beat a recently made gaming computer. Not with technology advancing at its current rate. They can however price it much cheaper than a PC machine. First, they are Micro$oft and have immensely deep pockets and second they have volume on their side. They will sell a considerable amount more consoles than say Dell will any one of their pre-made gaming lap tops or desk tops. M$ has power and most likely will have advanced tech pre public release date to design their machine so that by release date it will be cuting edge... for the public anyway. But, in six to nine months the tech will be obsolete compared to what becomes available. Don't forget that Intel is building a new facility in Chandler, AZ, USA for completely new technology matching the recently completed factory in New Mexico. Either way, I am stoked. This is exciting news and means that Rockstar Games can finally start promoting their new Red Dead game that I am dying to see.

Agreed that consoles will never beat top of the line gaming rigs. It just won't happen because the PCs can be updated yearly as opposed to consoles which have been the same since 2005. But I agree with Pete. Remember that when the original xbox came out, microsoft was actually losing money on every console and had to make it up in games, controllers, etc. Remember that separate remote we had to buy just to play DVDs?! M$ doesn't need to actually profit on the consoles. If they make it good enough, they'll make all the money back in accessories, games, LIVE, and DLC. so don't worry about the price point, it can be low while still sporting impressive performance.

are you people skipping over the fact of this so called "Omnitouch"? Seriously? augmented reality like cortana? BULL****! read thoroughly next time people. just a bunch of hype and misinformation

Augmented reality is not artificial intelligence bud.

Guest Gamer.

"With a four-core CPU more powerful than any gaming PC"

Lol?

I7 980 (6 cores), 24gb Ram. x2 Geforce 670 SLI. I can play BF3, Far cry 3 or any other game at 60 fps -2048x1536- (sometimes 100+ lol)

the 3d part is not true at all this tech is still in extreme development and only a few have the tech to do it at all even on a junky scale. basically a small indie company in the US and a Japanese company. and neither are marketing.

as much as I'd love to see a new xbox....it feels odd that the Largest solo system game is still fresh and they are releasing this information, if it's official that is....I mean Halo is Microsoft's Baby. Why would you just release a major product for it, and then less than 6 months later annouce a new system.