Neighbor's and Elamite Warrior's Impressions of Halo 4

XBLuke

Summary: It's a really fun game but it doesn't feel like Halo, and lacks a competitive feel due to map design and ordinance drops. Has too much in common with cod.

um no they said it was fun but that its to early to tell how it will do competitvie wise the maps were fun but need work and it has some stuff that cod does which they didnt say was a bad thing just a change they over all they seemed to have fun and are greatful for the support 343 is showing MLG.

um no they said it was fun but that its to early to tell how it will do competitvie wise the maps were fun but need work and it has some stuff that cod does which they didnt say was a bad thing just a change they over all they seemed to have fun and are greatful for the support 343 is showing MLG.

?

Elamite: "They threw so many attributes of call of duty in it that it's really losing a lot of the Halo feel".

"Overall fun, but competitive aspect-wise which is my forte as well as neighbors, it's gonna be tough to see..."

"One of the things I've been noticing, especially with map packs, is that none of the maps are designed for competitive play"........ "completely diminishes the competitive aspect of the game"

Neighbor: "Adrift reminded me a little of rats nest from Halo 3, I definitely do not see it being a competitive map at all".

"i had the same problem as kyle, where it's so much like call of duty, where there's these killstreaks that give you a sniper rifle and overshield, it takes out the whole trying to gain

control over a certain part of the map."

I think the issue was that I focused on the negatives and overlooked the positives, and you focused on the positives and overlooked the negatives lol.

Watching now. Its convincing me that Halo 4 is going to be a complete bust. Everything theyre talking about was stuff that I was worried would kill Halo. And it will.

I wouldn't worry about Halo 4 being a bust. In fact, I think it could be the most successful Halo yet. This is because they're adding elements into the game that appeal to other gaming communities such as cod. It's good to grow the Halo franchise and take people away from cod and similar games. But at the same time, 343 needs to ensure there's still competitive playlists which offer the pure Halo feel which competitive gamers want. It can't be 100% casual, there needs to be a balance.

Watching now. Its convincing me that Halo 4 is going to be a complete bust. Everything theyre talking about was stuff that I was worried would kill Halo. And it will.

I wouldn't worry about Halo 4 being a bust. In fact, I think it could be the most successful Halo yet. This is because they're adding elements into the game that appeal to other gaming communities such as cod. It's good to grow the Halo franchise and take people away from cod and similar games. But at the same time, 343 needs to ensure there's still competitive playlists which offer the pure Halo feel which competitive gamers want. It can't be 100% casual, there needs to be a balance.

and all these people getting upset about the threads about halo turning into call of duty can shut their mouths and listen to the real halo fans that know what is important for the series