Archangel Tyrael

2820774-gallery-2.jpg

The patch for the rank reset glitch.

Read below for more details

Source:

Halo Waypoint

Halo 4 is officially here! Thank you to everybody who celebrated the occasion at one of our launch events, and we hope you’re enjoying the game. We have been overwhelmed at the response, and we’re grateful for your continued support.

As you can imagine, there are a tremendous number of new players connecting to Halo 4 right now. We’re aware that some users are experiencing occasional issues connecting to the Halo 4 services, and we are currently narrowing down possible solutions. We will be providing regular updates across all our channels, so stay tuned to the following places for the latest information:

Halo Waypoint Twitter

Halo 4 Facebook

Halo Waypoint Forums

Please report issues in this thread. Thank you for your patience, and we’ll continue working around the clock until the situation has been resolved.

3PM Update

We are narrowing down possible solutions. While we continue to investigate, we are aware of issues impacting the following server-side functions:

Spartan Rank (typically drops to 1)

• Spartan Ops

• File Share

• Service Record

• Commendations

• Challenges

• Custom Loadouts

• Armor Unlocks

Once you are able to connect to the server again, you will need to recreate your custom loadouts but your armor and SR should return to their normal state. We apologize for the inconvenience, and many thanks for your continued patience.

6PM Update

We’ve seen improvement and are still closely monitoring the situation. We'll provide another update this evening. Thank you for your patience.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

yu guys seriously &^#^ed up halo its not even halo anymore its like call of duty and its absolutly atrocious i hate you 343 you should have never had the privilage

XP caps are the price everyone has to pay because of those who tried to boost. So do not like the xp cap blame it on the boosters of the game and the lag switchers that ruined the game for others just so they could get easy kills to boost xp gain so they could rank up fast and then brag about it.

Those who are flaming about not getting their experience, need to calm down. Even if you reach the cap and still complete a challenge, you're getting credit for the challenge and it adds to the total number of challenges completed. The graphics are amazing, the new style of matchmaking allows the game to come back to MLG, and a lot of the changes made prevent things that bothered the fandom so much about Halo 3 and Reach. We don't have to worry about Grenade Spam as much anymore from whole teams. Camping is a lot less effective due to the load outs. Play your 10 hours a day if you please, ( I sure did yesterday ) but the level cap is 50 anyway and you'll hit it within the next week regardless of the experience cap, so just relax.

The STORY is way to short. And what's up with that cutscene with Cortana when she dies at the end? IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It makes a lot of sense if you listened to the whole story.

i have to say that halo 1,2 and 3 had now xp for unlocking things only thing you got was braging rights and fun, so all the people complaining about exp need to chill.

haveing said that i wish the ranks where more then just numbers, it was cool in halo 3 and reach haveing bars and rank names, would love if they brought that back. (the names and symbles where better in 3 then reach)

Wow guys, i was just about to hit SR37 when i got this stupid message "xp limit reached"... That was a horrible idea 343i , if were not boosting then it shouldnt matter how fast we level up! Ok microsoft if your lookin to lose more people to playstation online then this is a good way to do it, i mean you allready charge for Xboxlive then you cap us on our rewards we get while WE are paying for it! I say take away the xp cap limit, if it is about N00bs getting pwnd to bad then make new playlists for lower skilled people. simple. DONT LIMIT US ON WHAT WE PAY FOR!!!

Even worse is when you are working toward a high EXP challenge just to get denied the reward because of a cap. This makes it almost pointless to have daily, weekly or monthly challenges because it has to be worked on someone else's time. If the game was meant to be all play and no unlocks at times then it should be a separate game type (ranked/unranked) or some other non-limiting method of play. The way I see it, once everything is unlocked it will become like halo 2 and will be all for fun and keeping up the old KD ratio but when you dont want to play due to the risk of losing those points from challenges and commendations, it makes the game much less fun and limits play to a point. In conclusion, horrible idea and will hopefully be discontinued very soon.

i turned on my halo 4 just a lil bit ago and i cant connect to my friends or the servers and all my friends say im level 1 but im level 33 when i press start but level 1 when i press x my friends think i got de ranked but i dont boost i have like 17 hours played can anyone help me?

Same here, I was playin with my m8 the last evening like 20 games and didnt get any EP further. :(( I dont like this, so many exp lost. Thanks for help.

btw H4 rulez :))

Yeah im not one to QQ about stuff. I love Halo 4 i think they did a GOOD job. But im off for 2 days and have 2 codes for 2x xp and stuck at the xp cap for my 2 days off... Got on at 12:30am to see if i was still at the cap and what do you know i am.

Halo 4 sucks you guys did a terrible job at creating the game and made it so much like call of duty that it isn't even fun to play. I've always been a halo fan but you guys totally ruined a game that was once fun.

When I start playing halo 4 it says "the account has been temporally banned from earning xp" .I'm sure this happens when you violate some kind of rules of the game but I have not done anything wrong. I just want 343 industries to have the common Courtesy to give you individually a specific reason to why you got xp banned because if they do not then we really don't know why we got banned in the first place and mostly likely do it again unknowingly. I also don't believe it's right that you put a daily limit for xp because we did not agree to those terms of condition. I worked hard to pay for my limited edition halo 3 and how much xp I want to earn in a day isn't anyones business but mine. 343 industries please get your selves together and don't ruin the game Franchise that we have loved and supported over the years.

Best wishes

I cannot believe there is a XP cap! I would not have bought the game had I known this. This is absolutely stupid. Penalize people for playing your game a lot. WTF kind of business are you guys running?

get rid of this credit limit or im switching back to black ops 2 cause this is retarded and bought alot of double xp slurpee stupid cups

seriously why promote dbl xp if there is a ******* cap? ******* idiots only ******* thing i hate about halo 4 is jetpack and credit cap rest of it was well done

Okay, I just got back today and was finally able to get my copy. I head home and start playing and after 6 hours I hit the xp cap. Instantly my interest in this game went down hill. The story line wasnt the best, i was pretty sad with how short it was too. But I still cant get over this xp cap. I understand what people are saying that if you are just playing for the XP then you arnt playing for the right reasons, but being rewarded for doing good in a game is nice. I dont just play for the XP but i like receiving my xp when i do god and everything. The limit needs to be removed. Here soon i will tell you now that alot of people will be returning the game. I was at my gamestop when i was picking up my copy and i saw 7 used games already on the shelf and the person ahead of me in line was returning his. And its only been 5 days, give it a month and 343 will lose a good chunk of people and in the future people are going to remember this and not want to buy any more games from them because they are going to remember what they did to a franchise they love and think they are just going to butcher that game too. 343 fix this soon or i promise you, your rep will go down the drain.

Help! I was playing for about an hour and noticing that Im not getting exp. Its frustrating cause I tried to finished all the challenges plus going to War games but I realised im not getting exp for me. After a match in war games. The postmatch did not show up nor the how many Score/Points did u get it just skips to the Postgame menu. PLEASE HELP!! 343 Please help :(

*UPDATE*

Forget about my recent post. If your not gaining any EXP because 343 put a cap. Maximum u can get a day is 75,000exp. But I really don't like this though. 343 should remove this cap OR increase it to a amount where an Average hardcore gamer should reach once a day. But I don't really care though cause I really enjoyed MP and I can't wait more GT's coming out. And they should also add UNSC Aerial Vehicles like the Falcon and Hornet. Also they should add Forgerworld or sanbox into a DLC because I really Loved those maps. 343, please give us details so we know what's really happening. :D

I'm a little concerned here, first i've noticed that the daily xp cap tends to end at around midnight or 1:00 in the morning so I game, hit the xp limit, game for a couple more hours, and then it resets, but just a bit ago it reset for me and I was getting xp for a couple matches and then the next 3 games I played I wasnt getting XP and this was around 3 in the morning. If this has been happening to anyone plx reply to this post if you have any info on it Thx :)