Archangel Tyrael

2820774-gallery-2.jpg

The patch for the rank reset glitch.

Read below for more details

Source:

Halo Waypoint

Halo 4 is officially here! Thank you to everybody who celebrated the occasion at one of our launch events, and we hope you’re enjoying the game. We have been overwhelmed at the response, and we’re grateful for your continued support.

As you can imagine, there are a tremendous number of new players connecting to Halo 4 right now. We’re aware that some users are experiencing occasional issues connecting to the Halo 4 services, and we are currently narrowing down possible solutions. We will be providing regular updates across all our channels, so stay tuned to the following places for the latest information:

Halo Waypoint Twitter

Halo 4 Facebook

Halo Waypoint Forums

Please report issues in this thread. Thank you for your patience, and we’ll continue working around the clock until the situation has been resolved.

3PM Update

We are narrowing down possible solutions. While we continue to investigate, we are aware of issues impacting the following server-side functions:

Spartan Rank (typically drops to 1)

• Spartan Ops

• File Share

• Service Record

• Commendations

• Challenges

• Custom Loadouts

• Armor Unlocks

Once you are able to connect to the server again, you will need to recreate your custom loadouts but your armor and SR should return to their normal state. We apologize for the inconvenience, and many thanks for your continued patience.

6PM Update

We’ve seen improvement and are still closely monitoring the situation. We'll provide another update this evening. Thank you for your patience.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I AM SO PISSSSSSSSSED OFF! I just bought a BUNCH of mt dew so I could stay up and earn double xp all night even took off WORK only to find that I played about 10!!! YES 10 of my double xp games not earning xp. I went out and spent money to be able to do that then I can't get it because for some reason earning a lot of xp is bad?!?!?!? and when I spent my MOOONNNEEEYYY for it A LOT of money! I really like halo 4 but this REALLY pisses me off and I REALLY want it fixed SOON like RIGHT NOW or I'll go make a youtube video about how 343 are retards that punish there customers for spending money and millions of people watch my videos for halo videos.

Yeah DeeCee I work nights so i stay up late on my days off. i Hit my cap at like 6am so i had to wait until 6am the next day to get xp... I love MP but it makes me hit my cap and jump back on some other game. If im max level then ok whatever but i feel like im wasting time working for xp i cant get. It sucks to see people in the MP party level up in the same game when im stuck. I like how they never told us about the cap until people ran into it. Maybe thats what world of warcraft can do just cap people to 2 levels a day lol.

I love the game its my fav of all the halo games but the level cap is dumb and i did the same Cory my friends gave me there dew codes to help me level and now i cant level. They tell us ranks dont give you a advantage but at the same time cap XP so people cant get an advantage on lower ranks... make up your mind...

Hey do you guys remember Reach? Yeah? The last Bungie developed Halo game? IT HAD A CREDIT CAP.

All of you can type, so I'm assuming you can read, and HEY, when you enter a code on dewxp.com you can choose how many DBLXP games you apply at once. You know the limit is 75k so why not only apply the codes you need to hit the limit? Keep the rest stored on your account for when the limit is lifted for you. Also, when you use a DBLXP game, it notifies you ingame after its use, as well as your remaining games. If you don't get any XP, YOU SHOULD PROBABLY STOP PLAYING! I agree that they shouldn't get used up, but if you can't pay attention to your games and limit your losses, its partially your fault.

If you can't handle this common sense, please make good on your threat and leave XBL for PSN. I'm tired of playing with you dimwits anyway.

Hey, everything is good for me BUT for some reason, I stopped getting XP. It doesn't matter which playlists I'm playing whether it's matchmaking or Spartan Ops, no XP...

Help!

its a level lock bro. they made it to where you can only get a certain amount of xp on one day its happened to me 2 day in a row now

Hey do you guys remember Reach? Yeah? The last Bungie developed Halo game? IT HAD A CREDIT CAP.

All of you can type, so I'm assuming you can read, and HEY, when you enter a code on dewxp.com you can choose how many DBLXP games you apply at once. You know the limit is 75k so why not only apply the codes you need to hit the limit? Keep the rest stored on your account for when the limit is lifted for you. Also, when you use a DBLXP game, it notifies you ingame after its use, as well as your remaining games. If you don't get any XP, YOU SHOULD PROBABLY STOP PLAYING! I agree that they shouldn't get used up, but if you can't pay attention to your games and limit your losses, its partially your fault.

If you can't handle this common sense, please make good on your threat and leave XBL for PSN. I'm tired of playing with you dimwits anyway.

the cap is still stupid though whats the point of paying 60 bucks for a game to play online and to level up if you cant even level up. i max out in like 2 hours. im about to just give up and sell this game.......guess im getting black ops 2

the cap is still stupid though whats the point of paying 60 bucks for a game to play online and to level up if you cant even level up. i max out in like 2 hours. im about to just give up and sell this game.......guess im getting black ops 2

The cap is what it is. They may change it, but they probably won't. You bought the game, right? That's 60 bucks in the bank. So what if you leave and don't buy the map packs? There are plenty of others who will. That's buisiness my friend. Do as I do, deal with it. You don't have to like it, but hey, its better than the crap that EA is pulling nowadays.

Oh and on a side note, I just played 12 games of DBLXP Spartan OPs at an average of 9.4k XP per game and still haven't maxed out.

I TOOK OF TWO DAYS OF WORK AND BY 2:30 PM TUESDAY COULD NOT GET ANYMORE XP !!! If I would have bought Mt. Dew ( like a lot of my friends did ) and hit my cap at like 9 am I would have been EFFING PISSED! Why promote Double XP if there is a cap, why buy Mountain Dew if there is a cap? MAKES NO SENSE ! 343 I hope you understand that no one will buy Mt. Dew now for DXP because the people that normally don't buy Mt. Dew but buy it for XP do it to level up quickly!!! The joy of leveling up as quick as you can is what so many people love about ranking games. You will never be able to prevent the $#!% heads who cheat the system to boost. 343 You want this trilogy to be a success ? DONT EVER PUNISH THE WHOLE HALO GAMING COMMUNITY THAT KEEPS YOU IN BUSINESS because a few knuckle heads boost !! Who ever is pulling the strings at 343 this cap needs to stop or gonna looses us in the end!

amen

THX for Halo 4 - great game 343 ! but there is one big problem - SWAT ! its to easy now ! you need no skill -.- i make every time double and triple-kills on the same one player ! sorry, i go back to reach and im not alone....

(sry for my eng.)

i have tried about 15 times trying to get the disc 2 to install the war games and everything else and when ever i try it always says 'installation failed, insert disc 1 now' and when i try to go on war games it wont allow me. I then try to download it from xbox live and it always fails and i cant think of any way of making it work so can you try and help me and my situation?

search on google. there are people with the same problem. you need to delete something on your hard drive.

People who say xp doesn't matter, are often the people who lose every match. "Well I had fun losing, winning isn't everything" you guys suck, you would enjoy going to work and not getting paid. Screw you

I will be playing Halo 4 for a long time, I really could care less about the xp. The cap kinda helps me pace myself from getting the top level too quickly. I will probably be playing long after I get to the top rank, so the longer it takes me to get there, the better. Lol, I will definitely have to ration my time properly on my Vacation or I'll be doing a lot of non XP matches.

It says the Halo 4 servers are down, and reset my sr rank to 1 but still shows my armor unlocks but not on my player, 343i please help me out! I paid 60 bucks for this game which I work a job that I absolutely hate to be able to buy this game, and when it doesn't work (which has been very common in war games) it makes me not want to be a fan of Halo all together. My gamer tag is USAFpj1987. Thank you.

Not 100% sure whats happening but I can't connect to my friends games, nor can they connect to me. I am also unable to join several gametypes, and there are apparnetly only 1-2k players total spread across the other GTs. This isn't a fault on my end, so just wondering what the flip is going on

Hey 343,

If you're gonna put an exp cap on this game, at LEAST make sure when you hit it the reminder pops up so you can do something else w/o wasting xp from commendations & the like!

OH, and black text on a blue background as default? Who the hell did THAT?! What's next, frames?

Aand the flashing red box that continiously appears? Annoying as hell.

There is a glitch with campaign on the third episode (won't load map/missing downloadable content).

To fix this simply remove your Halo 4 file from memory and install disc two after getting past the 3rd episode.

And this cap on XP is effin' stupid, I keep playing, but the bonus XP I get from unlocking commendations doesn't count. You should be REWARDING people that are keeping the playlists full, regardless of how much they're playing Halo... So stupid.

is it possible the XP cap was put in so the people would do something else with their life than sit in a chair for 12 hours? Also did it occur to anyone that there is an XP cap because they may be putting finishing touches on the specialization system? I am a true Halo fan since the beginning, and yes I do like Halo 3 better than most games, but give 343 a break. Or the best reason: 343 doesn't want the game to get old too fast because people fly through it. Enjoy the game at a nice pace and when you hit the XP Cap, if you don't feel like doing physical activity, go play Skyrim (Second favorite Game).

ok so i never got a message for the cap... but whenever i finish a game it skips the exp part and goes straight to the lobby... is this happening to anyone else because i have also waited past 12 and still nothing... this has to be a bug and when will it be fixed?