•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  Twinreaper : (17 July 2018 - 11:47 AM) Truth be told, I just started recently to notice how bland and plain the skyboxes in Destiny 2 are, because everything else is so beautiful and detailed and expansive that you dont really take notice of the sky.
@  Twinreaper : (17 July 2018 - 11:46 AM) You can only look out into skyboxes so much...
@  Twinreaper : (17 July 2018 - 11:45 AM) The snese of being somewhere truly expansive and overwhelming?
@  Twinreaper : (17 July 2018 - 11:45 AM) Here's what I never did like about Halo or standard campaigns in general. It never felt natural. No matter what, you always started off exactly where you needed to be. there was no getting lost or side tracked. I realize a story is being told, but where are the mishaps? The wrong turns?
@  Twinreaper : (17 July 2018 - 11:42 AM) 343 already did the whole CoD gameplay mechanic copy and paste, why not just go full fledged Open World style at this point?
@  Twinreaper : (17 July 2018 - 11:41 AM) I dont care what anyone says.... if you took Mass Effect, Destiny or the new game Anthem (coming 2019) and replaced it with all content items from the Halo Universe..... that **** would seel like hotcakes!!!
@  Twinreaper : (17 July 2018 - 11:38 AM) of coarse players who have the absolute best luck in the game, will never see anything wrong with the system.
@  Twinreaper : (17 July 2018 - 11:37 AM) Gut's comments on how good the REQ system is, negates his good idea for Vid master
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 July 2018 - 10:25 AM) Love Guts' suggestion of bringing back Vidmaster challenges, those were great in Halo 3 and ODST.
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 July 2018 - 10:24 AM) I would love for 343 to go back to Halo 3's way, or at least Halo: Reach or Halo 4's way.
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 July 2018 - 10:24 AM) I don't even think it should be reworked in anyway. There's no way to work for specifically what you want, RNG reward systems are a massive failure for Halo. They were perfect for Mass Effect 3's multiplayer (one of the best multiplayers I've seen in my life), but horrible for Halo.
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 July 2018 - 10:22 AM) The more I think about it, the more I realise how much I don't want the REQ system to be in Halo at all anymore. Red summed things up for me perfectly.
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 July 2018 - 01:26 AM) @Jack Of Harts Thanks bro :yay:
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 July 2018 - 01:26 AM) @I_Make_Big_Boom Great response, loving the thought and effort members are putting into this poll
@  343iBot : (16 July 2018 - 06:36 AM) Welcome to the forums, sanjaysinghania838! :welcome: View sanjaysinghania838's Profile
@  343iBot : (15 July 2018 - 11:20 PM) Welcome to the forums, annamolly! :welcome: View annamolly's Profile
@  Jack Of Harts : (15 July 2018 - 02:30 PM) @UNSC Spartan-II Lookin' good in that colour buddy!
@  Jack Of Harts : (15 July 2018 - 02:27 PM) Heyo
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (15 July 2018 - 12:08 PM) @UNSC Spartan-II I replied yo
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (15 July 2018 - 07:42 AM) If I'm ever interested again, I'll certainly give it another shot.

Photo

Site Poll 63: What's your favourite MCC game?

poll site poll

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 UNSC Spartan-II

UNSC Spartan-II

Spartan-II

• News Group
  • 1,693 posts
Inspiring
2    7    17             3               

Posted 04 February 2018 - 06:31 AM

oAEBUiG.png

Hi everyone, Spartan here with site poll #63.

Last week we discussed what the next halo spin-off game would be. I heard many great ideas I hadn't even considered before, but the most popular choice was certainly another ODST game, and with good reason. Thank you to everyone who shared their thoughts. Click here to view the last poll, #62.

halo_2-600x337.jpg

What's your favourite MCC game?

The current situation at 343 Industries is secretly a busy one. Whilst Halo 6 is yet to be uncovered, another game may be in development, and 343 have taken the responsible decision to keep Halo: The Master Chief Collection updated and running smoothly. Compared to when it first dropped, MCC has seen major improvements and additions that have, in my opinion, certainly atoned for 343's mistakes. They have recently announced that they currently have a team working on an Xbox One X update, which has been in popular demand. Halo MCC is clearly not being forgotten, and will always play an important role considering it acts as a repository for Halo's videogame-past.

It's been one hell of a fight from Combat Evolved to Halo 4. Each of these four (not including ODST) legendary games detail the events surrounding the even more legendary MCPON John-117, but which do you like most, and why?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts,

Spartan out. :yay:

Edited by UNSC Spartan II, 04 February 2018 - 06:32 AM.

<p class='bbc_center'>Posted Image</p>

#2 Halo6 Follower

Halo6 Follower

The Forum Follower

• Community Moderators
  • 717 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:BatedSuperior5
  • Location'Straya!
            10             2    2      

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:40 AM

Halo 2 Anniversary for sure!! 

Posted Image

The Purple shall stay. Thanks to JXZAW for putting up with my cat placement!

#3 Mordred

Mordred

The Knight of Rebellion

• Dedicated Members
  • 992 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:TheSirLagalott
  • LocationBehind my Sofa
10       19    2          2                  

Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:25 PM

For me I liked Halo CE and Halo 3 a lot, as well as Halo 4 for multiplayer (probably an unpopular opinion but fite me). Overall I'd say the best MCC game for me is Halo 3 since (for me) it had a good balance of story and multiplayer. That and I'm not being biased to my first Halo game, nah nah nah

CB81XOg.gif

#4 Melody

Melody

Celery Stick Crusade Champion

• Dedicated Members
  • 685 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:iCuddleU
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 February 2018 - 05:45 PM

i liek halo 2 cuz obvusly it waz the best haloz evr.

NiftyDecentAstrangiacoral.gif

#5 Shun 'Kanamee

Shun 'Kanamee

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 199 posts
Liked

Posted 04 February 2018 - 08:12 PM

Halo 2 is the best, with Halo CE and Halo 3 ODST being tied second, Halo 3 3rd, and Halo 4 4th

#6 I_Make_Big_Boom

I_Make_Big_Boom

The Prophet of No Ragrets

• Art Group
  • 1,536 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:SelfDestruct217
7             9                      2      

Posted 04 February 2018 - 10:12 PM

If we're going by MCC then Halo 2: Anniversary. That's the real golden goose of that collection.

lTs5mr0.png

#7 RedStarRocket91

RedStarRocket91

Secord's Protégé

• Legendary Members
  • 2,209 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:RedStarRocket91
  • LocationEngland
   4                3                           

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:01 AM

Great question!

I'm quite fond of H2A's multiplayer. For all I had a lot of issues with Halo 2, the remaster plays very smoothly, the balance is improved, and the actual aesthetic and design is gorgeous. It's a real pleasure to be able to see what the 'classic' art style looks like with a more modern engine and somewhat better hardware. It was also a really nice surprise to see a few other weapons and items from the classic trilogy available too, like ODST's silenced SMG and the Hornet from Halo 3. The addition of a proper Forge with diverse canvases is also really nice, as is adding Race, given how much fun I had with the racing scene in Reach. The only real issues I have with it are the incredibly low number of maps, the poor quality of the hardware it was released on and the effects that it has on the quality of the graphics, and the fact that bullets don't have travel time (which was expected, really, but is still a disappointment).

Overall, my favourite is still Halo 3, though. Halo 3 was always my favourite anyway, and to see it in a modern resolution and framerate with what look to be a few graphical updates is a joy. It's exactly how I remember it, except without the memories being spoiled by graphics worse than I remember as with the actual Halo 3, and in a setting where everyone has the maps, making the map variety even better.

Verbosity is not a crime.

#8 Guts

Guts

The Black Swordsman

• Dedicated Members
  • 968 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:TyroneKing 343i
  • LocationIreland
7    6                  

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:41 AM

I enjoyed Halo 3 the most simply because it was the Halo game I grew up with. I never got the chance to play online multiplayer on the original release so it was great to have the chance to finally play against others.

The only thing that stopped Halo 2 Anniversary being my favourite is the fact that Halo 2 sucked to begin with and no amount of remaster will change it.

Edited by Kakashi_Hatake, 05 February 2018 - 11:42 AM.

berserk_guts_forum_signature_by_edd000-d

#9 Vitamin PWN

Vitamin PWN

Your #1 fan

• Dedicated Members
  • 2,299 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:Vitamin Pwn
  • LocationThe Millennium Capital
4    2                                 

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:29 PM

halo 3 hands down, thats the halo game i played the most and it's my favorite halo in the mcc because of that

FXaknNz.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users