•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  343iBot : (15 July 2019 - 10:18 PM) Welcome to the forums, Aleman9607! :welcome: View Aleman9607's Profile
@  Drizzy_Dan : (15 July 2019 - 12:58 PM) Nice! What kind of server?
@  Halo6 Follower : (14 July 2019 - 02:00 PM) Ayyy, congrats bud!
@  Mr Kittens a... : (14 July 2019 - 06:16 AM) I'm a Discord Moderator now :3
@  Halo6 Follower : (13 July 2019 - 03:20 AM) Fun times
@  Halo6 Follower : (13 July 2019 - 03:20 AM) Haha, that was me!
@  Mothy : (13 July 2019 - 12:43 AM) I was looking around at my bookmarks and noticed that the UNSC warfare website has offically come to a close, and the fourth top player is BatedSuperior5! Now I know hes on these forums someplace, I just forget his username. But still, sad to see it decommissioned like Destiny Cafe was :(
@  Mothy : (13 July 2019 - 12:40 AM) Hola homies
@  343iBot : (11 July 2019 - 12:02 PM) Welcome to the forums, Fight! :welcome: View Fight's Profile
@  Drizzy_Dan : (10 July 2019 - 09:22 AM) There's others!
@  343iBot : (09 July 2019 - 04:10 PM) Welcome to the forums, irynadreamer! :welcome: View irynadreamer's Profile
@  Mr Kittens a... : (09 July 2019 - 12:48 PM) Kind of. Wish I got to go.
@  Drizzy_Dan : (09 July 2019 - 09:03 AM) Anyone see all the cool stuff from Outpost Discovery?
@  Drizzy_Dan : (09 July 2019 - 09:03 AM) Hope everyone had a good weekend
@  Drizzy_Dan : (09 July 2019 - 09:03 AM) Hello forum
@  Mr Kittens a... : (03 July 2019 - 08:39 PM) Man, I can't believe I forgot about such a solid song. The Gorrilaz are dope. https://youtu.be/E5yFcdPAGv0
@  343iBot : (03 July 2019 - 03:06 AM) Welcome to the forums, Rochella! :welcome: View Rochella's Profile
@  Mr Kittens a... : (02 July 2019 - 10:31 PM) Well howdy!
@  Yoshi1176 : (02 July 2019 - 12:37 PM) Good morning
@  Drizzy_Dan : (02 July 2019 - 09:17 AM) Hello forum

Photo

Staff Member Demotion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 The Director

The Director

The Director

• Legendary Members
  • 5,123 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:AAN2
  • LocationNampa, ID
   2    5                                             

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:16 PM

It may have come to your attention that Edward Kenway is no longer a member of the news group, and has in fact been banned.

I will not go into detail as to the actual reason he was banned, as we respect the privacy of our members, but I will say that his ban was because he broke a rule. He had previous examples of what would happen when he did what he did, and had been warned along with all members of the staff that doing it would result in not only a demotion but a ban as well.

I want to be absolutely clear that his ban has nothing to do with any personal disagreements he has had with the moderating team, other staff members, or even forum members. He was banned because he broke a rule.

He likely has his justifications, as everyone who does something wrong does, but some things cannot be forgiven or simply warned away. Edward Kenway's ban is as permanent as permanent bans go. He will no longer be allowed to have a profile on the site, so if you wish to continue to communicate with him you will have to do so elsewhere. 

Let this example be a lesson to future and present staff members. Edward Kenway has done a lot for this site, but even he was not above reproach for violating the rules. 

In regards to the now vacant News Team position, we are looking for new candidates to fill this gap. However, don't call us. We'll call you. A guaranteed way NOT to get on the News Team is to pester me or other moderators with hints that you'd like to be considered or even flat out asking for the position.

Posted Image

Don't forget to like people's posts.

Posted Image

#2 BATMAN

BATMAN

Exørcist

• Dedicated Members
  • 419 posts
Dedicated

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:34 PM

Whoa.. Always terrifying when the banhammer comes down in permaban form.

#3 Azaxx

Azaxx

Enigma

• Legendary Members
  • 3,680 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Azaxx
  • LocationAustralia
   2                   2    2                                       

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:26 PM

Whoa.. Always terrifying when the banhammer comes down in permaban form.

It's unfortunate, but sets an example to the rest of the community that we don't play favourites with members within the Staff and Moderator ranks.

If you break the rules, regardless of who you are, the punishment will be set accordingly. If you play by the rules, we're more than happy to have you around.

-King of Azaxxinations-

#4 BATMAN

BATMAN

Exørcist

• Dedicated Members
  • 419 posts
Dedicated

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:49 PM

It's unfortunate, but sets an example to the rest of the community that we don't play favourites with members within the Staff and Moderator ranks.
If you break the rules, regardless of who you are, the punishment will be set accordingly. If you play by the rules, we're more than happy to have you around.

And this is why I party by myself. No-one gets offended that way.

#5 Melody

Melody

Celery Stick Crusade Champion

• Dedicated Members
  • 708 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:iCuddleU
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:53 PM

Shame, this saddens me losing any member is quite sad.

But, rules are rules after all. Maybe people can learn from his mistake to refrain making one themselves.

NiftyDecentAstrangiacoral.gif

#6 Guts

Guts

The Black Swordsman

• Dedicated Members
  • 971 posts
Inspiring
  • LocationIreland
7    6                  

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:25 AM

Wow......didn't see that coming. A good member with a bad end.

berserk_guts_forum_signature_by_edd000-d

#7 Halo6 Follower

Halo6 Follower

The Forum Follower

• Community Moderators
  • 726 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:BatedSuperior5
  • Location'Straya!
            10             2    2      

Posted 20 October 2015 - 03:14 AM

Resquieta in Pace Edward. 

The Forums will never be the same. 

May the Force be with you ;-; 

Edited by HaloWeen Follower, 20 October 2015 - 03:15 AM.

Posted Image

The Purple shall stay. Thanks to JXZAW for putting up with my cat placement!

#8 Mordred

Mordred

The Knight of Rebellion

• Dedicated Members
  • 993 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:TheSirLagalott
  • LocationBehind my Sofa
10       19    2          2                  

Posted 20 October 2015 - 05:38 AM

Well this is quite a shock to hear about, however rules are rules. Even if he did bring us news for a long time, and was an active member, rules are rules. They are set up as guidelines, and newer members usually look up to the older staff members, staff and mods.

Thanks for the update TD.

CB81XOg.gif

#9 Coldfreeze

Coldfreeze

Winter Incarnate

• Dedicated Members
  • 557 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Coldfreeze Zero
  • LocationEarth
5    3            

Posted 20 October 2015 - 12:13 PM

Oh dang, well goes to show that the hammer of bans does not discriminate. Shame to see him go  he did a lot and I liked him. 

"Spartans never die." - Catherine Halsey

gallery_79083_744_30956.png

Second Dutchman to reach dedicated.

#10 Pbrabbit

Pbrabbit

The Pbrabbit

• Dedicated Members
  • 524 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:The Pbrabbit
  • LocationUSA
   3    2    2            

Posted 22 October 2015 - 10:05 PM

Sad. I go away and come back to this. Well, I respect the forum rules, and if people break the rules, consequences have to follow.

73qtZJN.gif

#11 zRexx

zRexx

Brute

• Members
  • 49 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Lord zRexx

Posted 22 October 2015 - 11:28 PM

That's a good way of handling it, though. I've been apart of multiple sites where staff members receive special protections and are allowed to do things that other members may get penalized for. Like, an Admin can insult and shout at a normal user, but if the user says anything back, he/she gets banned. That's more common than you think. I'm glad to see this forum doesn't have that nonsense, you treat all members with equal expectations and that's how it should be. There should be zero tolerance for double standards.

As I walk through the valley where I harvest my grain, I take a look at my wife and realize she's very plain. But that's just perfect for an Amish like me, you know I shun fancy things like electricity. At 4:30 in the morning I'm milkin' cows Jebediah feeds the chickens and Jacob plows... fool. And I've been milkin' and plowin' so long that even Ezekiel thinks that my mind is gone. I'm a man of the land, I'm into discipline. Got a Bible in my hand and a beard on my chin. But if I finish all of my chores and you finish thine, then tonight we're gonna party like it's 1699

We been spending most our lives, living in an Amish paradise! I've churned butter once or twice, living in an Amish paradise! It's hard work and sacrifice, living in an Amish paradise! We sell quilts at discount price, living in an Amish paradise!

#12 DIABLO 0166

DIABLO 0166

Elite Honor Guard

• Members
  • 99 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:DIABLO 0166

Posted 23 October 2015 - 09:11 AM

In all honesty, I think rules were meant to be broken. (No offense)

sml_gallery_92330_776_6637.jpg

#13 zRexx

zRexx

Brute

• Members
  • 49 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Lord zRexx

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:58 AM

In all honesty, I think rules were meant to be broken. (No offense)

Wow, that's low, you just took the Pepsi logo from my profile. I'M THE PEPSI GUY, NOT YOU! (jk, jk)

But on a serious note, rules exist to maintain order. If they were meant to be broken, why would anyone try to incorporate them? Kinda obvious.

As I walk through the valley where I harvest my grain, I take a look at my wife and realize she's very plain. But that's just perfect for an Amish like me, you know I shun fancy things like electricity. At 4:30 in the morning I'm milkin' cows Jebediah feeds the chickens and Jacob plows... fool. And I've been milkin' and plowin' so long that even Ezekiel thinks that my mind is gone. I'm a man of the land, I'm into discipline. Got a Bible in my hand and a beard on my chin. But if I finish all of my chores and you finish thine, then tonight we're gonna party like it's 1699

We been spending most our lives, living in an Amish paradise! I've churned butter once or twice, living in an Amish paradise! It's hard work and sacrifice, living in an Amish paradise! We sell quilts at discount price, living in an Amish paradise!

#14 VinWarrior II

VinWarrior II

Grunt

• Members
  • 1 posts
Liked

Posted 07 April 2018 - 02:34 AM

It's an absolute shame to see him go, but I wish him the best in the future. His offense is shameful but it can be redeemed through hard work and dedication. This flourishing community will sorely miss him, in game nights, in its news section, and in the liveliest times of shoutboxing, but I hope this time away helps him regale his actions and recover his reputation. 

#15 I_Make_Big_Boom

I_Make_Big_Boom

The Prophet of No Ragrets

• Art Group
  • 1,559 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:SelfDestruct217
7             9                      2      

Posted 07 April 2018 - 03:36 AM

Yea man he succ goodbye

Edited by RedStarRocket91, 08 April 2018 - 10:47 AM.
Thread locked. Please do not revive dead threads.

I'm making a game: https://twitter.com/joe_winfree

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users