•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  343iBot : (18 August 2019 - 09:00 AM) Welcome to the forums, Znakomstvo! :welcome: View Znakomstvo's Profile
@  343iBot : (18 August 2019 - 08:23 AM) Welcome to the forums, jwxfJeome! :welcome: View jwxfJeome's Profile
@  Halo6 Follower : (18 August 2019 - 05:59 AM) :'(
@  Mr Kittens a... : (18 August 2019 - 05:53 AM) It be like that doe ;-;
@  Mr Kittens a... : (18 August 2019 - 05:53 AM) Them scallywags, always coming up on our forums like that.
@  Mr Kittens a... : (18 August 2019 - 05:52 AM) @Halo6 Follower *REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
@  343iBot : (17 August 2019 - 09:11 PM) Welcome to the forums, centrsnabInhast! :welcome: View centrsnabInhast's Profile
@  Filch_Is_A_H... : (17 August 2019 - 06:34 PM) Thats sad
@  Filch_Is_A_H... : (17 August 2019 - 06:34 PM) Less than 10 real people today? :(
@  343iBot : (17 August 2019 - 02:10 PM) Welcome to the forums, SVSInhast! :welcome: View SVSInhast's Profile
@  343iBot : (17 August 2019 - 01:40 PM) Welcome to the forums, Oregonmofe! :welcome: View Oregonmofe's Profile
@  343iBot : (17 August 2019 - 10:15 AM) Welcome to the forums, Howardfom! :welcome: View Howardfom's Profile
@  343iBot : (17 August 2019 - 07:37 AM) Welcome to the forums, oidupevyus! :welcome: View oidupevyus's Profile
@  Halo6 Follower : (17 August 2019 - 05:54 AM) reee
@  343iBot : (17 August 2019 - 04:46 AM) Welcome to the forums, emioylac! :welcome: View emioylac's Profile
@  343iBot : (17 August 2019 - 02:43 AM) Welcome to the forums, charmdatehkt! :welcome: View charmdatehkt's Profile
@  343iBot : (17 August 2019 - 12:02 AM) Welcome to the forums, AvigomdLINEE! :welcome: View AvigomdLINEE's Profile
@  343iBot : (16 August 2019 - 04:03 PM) Welcome to the forums, Panfiloffvem! :welcome: View Panfiloffvem's Profile
@  343iBot : (16 August 2019 - 06:47 AM) Welcome to the forums, Crazypwnage! :welcome: View Crazypwnage's Profile
@  343iBot : (16 August 2019 - 02:12 AM) Welcome to the forums, pagrab! :welcome: View pagrab's Profile

Photo

Rocket launcher or fuel rod cannon?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Mr Kittens and Gibberish

Mr Kittens and Gibberish

Sergeant Johnson

• Dedicated Members
  • 346 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:These Oats
  • LocationInside your imagination, and possibly your dreams! O.O
   5          4      

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

Rocket launcher is where its at...

But it depends on how you use it.

bnqJNoV.png

Victory is in a Simple Soul.

#22 Coldfreeze

Coldfreeze

Winter Incarnate

• Dedicated Members
  • 557 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Coldfreeze Zero
  • LocationEarth
5    3            

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:24 AM

Rocket launcher is where its at...

But it depends on how you use it.

It's seems to me that you use it to blow up stuff.

"Spartans never die." - Catherine Halsey

gallery_79083_744_30956.png

Second Dutchman to reach dedicated.

#23 Le Icedragon

Le Icedragon

Grunt

• New Members
  • 4 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Icedragon23472
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, FL

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:42 AM

ROCKET FTW

#24 Mr Kittens and Gibberish

Mr Kittens and Gibberish

Sergeant Johnson

• Dedicated Members
  • 346 posts
Dedicated
   5          4      

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:45 PM

It's seems to me that you use it to blow up stuff.

lol I know that, I mean strategically :P

bnqJNoV.png

#25 Vaulting♥Frog

Vaulting♥Frog

Too old

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,171 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:CapToenail24
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow
3    5            

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:55 PM

As with my Swammer I use a combo here too. It is called the Rodket Cannon Launcher.

Posted Image

#26 Captain Marbles

Captain Marbles

Drone

• Members
  • 16 posts
Liked
  • LocationI don't even know anymore

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:45 PM

I prefer the Fuel Rod Cannon because it reloads faster and less often.
It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again

#27 Mr Kittens and Gibberish

Mr Kittens and Gibberish

Sergeant Johnson

• Dedicated Members
  • 346 posts
Dedicated
   5          4      

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:47 AM

The Fuel Rod Cannon does not have a Target Locator. The Rockets do, 343 should bring back the ol Rocket's Target's every moving vehicle. That feature was epic in Halo 2, you could lock on to Ghost's, Warthog's, Tank's/Wraith's.

Just plain Awesome.

bnqJNoV.png

#28 UNSC Spartan-II

UNSC Spartan-II

Spartan-II

• News Group
  • 1,737 posts
Heroic
         2    7    17             3               

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:34 AM

The Fuel Rod Cannon does not have a Target Locator. The Rockets do, 343 should bring back the ol Rocket's Target's every moving vehicle. That feature was epic in Halo 2, you could lock on to Ghost's, Warthog's, Tank's/Wraith's.

Just plain Awesome.

Agreed. Just like how we use it on the second mission on Halo: Reach at the end to shoot down the Banshees. Love that feature. It's also pretty realistic to have it return, I don't see why all of a sudden Rocket Launchers can no longer lock on to enemy vehicles, unless the enemy vehicles have new technology that can prevent them from being locked on.

2m5l7hi.jpg

#29 Mr Kittens and Gibberish

Mr Kittens and Gibberish

Sergeant Johnson

• Dedicated Members
  • 346 posts
Dedicated
   5          4      

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:40 PM

No that is not it, because in Halo 4 you can only lock onto Banshee's and parts of dropships in Campaign and Spartan Ops. In multiplayer only banshees.

bnqJNoV.png

#30 I_Make_Big_Boom

I_Make_Big_Boom

The Prophet of No Ragrets

• Art Group
  • 1,560 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:SelfDestruct217
7             9                      2      

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:41 PM

Fuel Rod Cannon.

You get more rounds, and it's just as devastating as a Rocket Launcher: if you use it right.

I'm making a game: https://twitter.com/joe_winfree

#31 Note

Note

Frankie

• Trusted Members
  • 474 posts
Trusted
  • LocationM.I.A.

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:37 PM

Rocket Launcher because it's more effective. Although the fuel rod gun/ cannon has more ammo, it bounces/ deflects and takes more shots to kill. The rocket launcher kills faster and more precisely.

preview.jpg

#32 I_Make_Big_Boom

I_Make_Big_Boom

• Art Group
  • 1,560 posts
Heroic

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:59 PM

Rocket Launcher because it's more effective. Although the fuel rod gun/ cannon has more ammo, it bounces/ deflects and takes more shots to kill. The rocket launcher kills faster and more precisely.

You can kill a Player with 1 Fuel Rod round, but the problem is that the area of effect is smaller than the Rocket Launcher. Either way, if you know what you're doing then the Fuel Rod becomes more effective.

#33 Coldfreeze

Coldfreeze

Winter Incarnate

• Dedicated Members
  • 557 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Coldfreeze Zero
  • LocationEarth
5    3            

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:40 AM

The fuel rod is also a really nice way to bounce vehicles around though. 

"Spartans never die." - Catherine Halsey

gallery_79083_744_30956.png

Second Dutchman to reach dedicated.

#34 WEEKOLDMILK

WEEKOLDMILK

Jackal

• Members
  • 11 posts
Neutral
  • Gamertag:L3V1X0R

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:58 AM

The Rocket Launcher was a great help to me since it locked onto vehicles, especially against Banshees and Wraiths if there was no other methods of destroying them available. However, not all of the games featured that function. (At least, I don't think some of them did. It's been a while since I played the older games.)

The Fuel Rod Cannon was a big help to me in H4 during my Legendary campaign run. 3-4 shots took out the Elites, and since most of the Grunts I fought had been upgraded from Plasma Pistols and Needlers to Fuel Rods, ammo wasn't hard to find. But their major flaw of bouncing ammo always made them a bit difficult to use in mid-range distance. Long-range combat I could easily tell where I wanted the shot to bounce from.

Overall I think the Rocket Launcher has better handling and functions, but the Fuel Rod Cannon is more powerful and holds more ammo. So really, it's 50/50 for me.

L3V1X0R_blue_0.png

What's that? You've got a headache? It's probably from the bullet I just sent through your skull.

#35 UNSC Spartan-II

UNSC Spartan-II

Spartan-II

• News Group
  • 1,737 posts
Heroic
         2    7    17             3               

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:58 AM

You can kill a Player with 1 Fuel Rod round, but the problem is that the area of effect is smaller than the Rocket Launcher. Either way, if you know what you're doing then the Fuel Rod becomes more effective.

You also have to be far more accurate with the Fuel Rod Cannon to get that one-rod-kill. If the angle isn't good enough, it'll just bounce away. If you aren't close enough, you may not kill the enemy. Rocket Launcher rockets do not bounce and have a far bigger impact radius, as you mentioned. Besides the amount of shots fired before reloading, Rocket Launcher dominates.

One advantage the Fuel Rods have over the Rockets in Halo Lore, is that the Fuel Rods have plasma around them when fired so the can burn any enemy's that are too close as it passes. Not strong enough to kill them, but could do some serious hurt. We are discussing points in-game though so this wouldn't really be a point to discuss.

2m5l7hi.jpg

#36 I_Make_Big_Boom

I_Make_Big_Boom

• Art Group
  • 1,560 posts
Heroic

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:02 PM

You also have to be far more accurate with the Fuel Rod Cannon to get that one-rod-kill. If the angle isn't good enough, it'll just bounce away. If you aren't close enough, you may not kill the enemy. Rocket Launcher rockets do not bounce and have a far bigger impact radius, as you mentioned. Besides the amount of shots fired before reloading, Rocket Launcher dominates.

One advantage the Fuel Rods have over the Rockets in Halo Lore, is that the Fuel Rods have plasma around them when fired so the can burn any enemy's that are too close as it passes. Not strong enough to kill them, but could do some serious hurt. We are discussing points in-game though so this wouldn't really be a point to discuss.

Well Idk I managed to get allot of kills when I had the Fuel Rod: which is why I said "if you know what you're doing" as in not firing everywhere and bouncing rounds all over the place like you said.

Any time I have the choice of Rockets vs Fuel Rod, I choose Fuel Rod.

#37 Caulifla

Caulifla

Master Chief

• Trusted Members
  • 411 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Bekinator
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:39 PM

Rocket Launcher! >:D Die elites. hehehehhe. :bananachief:

I'm still Berriesboo/Maggie. (Incase if you didn't know i changed my name. :)

bfc26ba2b073d8a39611b63470d707ae3bd703c8

#38 Note

Note

Frankie

• Trusted Members
  • 474 posts
Trusted
  • LocationM.I.A.

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:55 PM

Fuel Rod Gun. More ammo, and if it bounces you can rapid fire, as for the rocket launcher, it only has 2 or 4 ammo and it fires slowly

preview.jpg

#39 PHIL0S0PHY

PHIL0S0PHY

Prophet of Mercy

• Trusted Members
  • 241 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:KSI Change 7
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:35 AM

SPNKR

No signature yet