Fallout new Vegas RP Sign up and discussion thread

This is the Sign up and discussion thread for the upcoming Fallout new Vegas RP thread I am creating keep in mind this RP takes place during the start of the NV game.

First off the rules ( Credit to Ledgend )

1. Show respect. Be polite, don't insult other members.

2. Never control someone other persons character unless discussed so in this thread.

3 You cannot kill another played character unless you have asked them and they have agreed

3. No god mode and Keep any fights or battles believable you cannot kill a Death claw with a single punch.

4. Spelling and Grammar are important! If your post has awful spelling and grammar, then it will be considered void until rectified. Spelling and grammar checking software exists, so poor spelling on a consistent basis is not acceptable. However, if for whatever reason it requires human attention, PM the post to me if you would like me to proof read it.

5. Be descriptive in your posts and have them filled with content. This is done for several reasons, one of them being it's more enjoyable to read, which is ultimately the point of the RP. Short, one-liner posts are not enjoyable to read and often offer little to respond to, making them pointless. Remember, the more you write, the more the other person can respond to and ultimately move the story forward.

6. There is a limit of one main character but you may kill your character if you wish to start a new one.

7. You can create a cast of characters but they can be killed at any time by other players. This must be done via proper RP manner and done tastefully. Send your posts to me or a moderator for approval first if you wish to kill another players companion.

8. If you have any concerns or problems, PM me or a RP moderator. We'll do my best to sort it out.

9. There is 3 races to choose from Ghoul, Supermutant or Human.

10. -Edit instead of double post. Give others a chance to respond, too; there are timezones, and you aren’t the center of the world.

11 No unique weapons like the "All American" if you want weapons like those from the game you have to do what you would do in the game to get them )

Now for the notes :

This game is a constantly evolving story featuring your characters and other player’s characters so stuff will chnage

Character Sheet:

Race :

Name:

Sex:

Three major skills: (Examples like hacking, lockpicking, using pistols, demolitions, grenades, speech etc.)

Appearance:

Weapons :
( You can change weapons when you wish but not before posting you have changed them and what they are. )

Armour / Clothing
( Same thing as weapons )  

Faction :

(You can join factions mid-RP, but this must be done in a Realistic way. No super-mutants joining the BoS for example)

Brief History:

Now for my own

Race : Human

Name: John

Sex: Male

Three major skills : Speech : Firearms  , Repair  

Appearance: While skinned Blue eyes , Brown hair combed back and a medium sized beard

Brief History: His parents were killed on his 14th birthday by raiders, John managed to escape with his life with only his old clothes and his fathers lucky pistol to call his own. Now it had been years since then but John still feels remorse for the death of his mother and father and wished he could have done more now John is a hardened Wasteland survivor he shoots first and asks questions later and would happily take a life if it suited him he has recently arrived in the Mohave desert on hopes of surviving another day.

Weapons :  A scoped Hunting rifle and 10mm pistol as a sidearm Binoculars and finally a knife

EDITED

Now he has Two 44 magnums and a sniper rifle to top it off a combat knife.

Armour / Clothing : A modified sheriffs jacket that still bears the badge this jacket is much more durable and protects more than the average sheriffs jacket , black boots and gloves Also has a old brown backpack.

EDITED

A mask that resembles the NCR Rangers

Faction : None to speak of as of now

Accepted characters :

John ( Caboose )
Raymond ( TK )
Niel Renson ( Germini )
Murphy ( Ledgend )  
Jessica Wyver ( Baconshelf )

Sarah ( Silent Alpha )

If you wish to help moderate PM me

Accepted Moderators....

Ledgend
JL or whatever name you are now. :)

If you have been accepted RP here !
http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/34752-fallout-new-vegas-rp-thread/

Edited by Caboose the Ace
  • Like 1

Race: Human
Name: Raymond
Skills: Speech, Barter, Melee Weapons
Appearance: Grey hair, brown eyes and a grey mustache. Light brown trousers, black boots, green jacket and a white shirt.
Brief History: Ran away from home at 14 and survived on his own with anything he could find, even if he had to mug somebody. Keeps himself to himself and will only kill if attacked. Stays in any available shelters.
Weapons: Machete, Throwing knives and a fire axe
Faction: None

Edited by Tyrone King

I'd join this if I had any idea what the Fallout story was. Otherwise, I MAY moderate if you want me to, Caboose, considering I have quite a bit of TBRPG experience. Anyways, I suggest that you fix up the opening post so that there's less spaces, and also give a brief description of the story and setting, rather than just say 'During X but no further'.  

EDIT: This doesn't really belong in Halo subforum :/ Dunno if the staff are gonna be lenient so you might wanna talk to them, Caboose

Edited by - Exia Dark Matter -

UPDATE ON RP !

Ledgend is working on a fallout lore intro

While I must ask you TK to once more for the last time add something onto your character....

To keep track of what armour / clothing you wear there is going to be a clothing / armour category to TK I need you to fill this out and then you are done and accepted. :) 

Race: Human

Name: Niel Renson

Three Skills: Guns, Sneak, Lockpick

Appearance: Short wind swept hair, light brown hair, green eyes, Five o'clock shadow, lightly dirt cacked face.

Brief History: Having been abandoned at a young age, Niel learned to survive in the wastes by practicing a sport he never really liked, thieving, but it was his only way to live. He met a man who taught him how to shoot guns with the best of them. He was unmatched in marksmanship and handling pistols, until he ran into the First Recon. After there 'brief' encounter he swore to get better at his shooting. Now he never passes up the chance to prove his worth.

Weapons: Marksman Carbine or Sniper Rifle, 10 m.m. pistol, and a combat knife for good measures

Armour/Clothes: Leather boots, Wander's outfit, sheriffs glasses, a cowboy hat, and a satchel.

Faction: None at the moment.

Do the Divide, BMT, Zion and Sierra Madre get to be included? I have an idea for mine, if so. I have good knowledge of the Fallout lore so I will be having a go at people who are breaking the canon :3

Seriously, though, can we have a limit on Brotherhood, Enclave members and on high-tier weaponry (Such as Gat. Lasers, Fat Man, Missile launchers. No DLC weapons unless your character has a logical reason for getting them (LAER, tribal War Clubs, Red Glare, Nail Guns etc)

That ain't official, but it'd be nice. I don't want this one turning into a pile of poop because everyone is an Advanced power Armour MKII- sporting, Experimental MIRV- wielding, immune to radiation Brotherhood member. It breaks imersion, and I can tell a lot of people will be like that.

Race :

Name:

Sex:

Three major skills: (Examples like hacking, lockpicking, using pistols, demolitions, grenades, speech etc.)

Appearance:

Weapons :
( You can change weapons when you wish but not before posting you have changed them and what they are. )

Armour / Clothing

( Same thing as weapons )  

Faction :

(You can join factions mid-RP, but this must be done in a Realistic way. No super-mutants joining the BoS for example)

Brief History:

That's just there for me to edit later.

What is the overall status of the DLC's? Do the white Legs inhabit Zion? Does the Think Tank controll BMT? What is the situation with Ulysses and the Nukes? What about Elijah and the madre?

Oh, and can we not have unique weapons/ armour named? like, just say a Marksman Carb. instead of All- American. Again, it breaks immersion.

Edited by BaconShelf
  • Like 1

Bacon : Me and Ledgend are looking into DLCs for this, you say you have a idea so PM me it.

We are also looking into your ideas about balancing.

Germini I have decided to accept you if you start with generic weapons and what are Generic weapons you ask ? 

Weapons with no name like a Hunting rifle or a service rifle or a caravan shotgun but what if you want a unique weapon ?

A unique weapon for a example the "All American" then you must role play surviving the hellhole that is Vault 34, beating the radiation, ghouls and maze to get it. :) < Added to rules )

I am starting the RP this Sunday.

GMT time that is.

EDIT

And if you are still wondering yes you can still join once it starts at any time.

Remember this takes place in a Alternate NV universe where the Courier actually died at the graveyard. :)

( The game will change a lot though not sure how yet )

EDIT 2

I am adding a backpack to my clothing section ( It makes sense for a wastelander to carry a backpack )

Race : Human

Name: Murphy

Three major skills: Guns, Repair, Survival.

Appearance: Short dark brown hair, light beard, blue eyes, Caucasian. 

Weapons : .308 Hunting rifle, .44 Magnum and a combat knife.

Armour / Clothing
Wears a small black coat over grey combat armour Mk 2. Wears a balaclava along with home-made ballistic face mask and a dark brown hood.

Faction :
None

Brief History:

Born out in the far east of Arizona, Murphy had a dangerous child hood. Taking up a rifle at the young age of 7 to help his mother defend their tiny farm from raiders, he became a skilled shot over the years. When the Legion finally arrived and put an end to the raiders, Murphy finally could rest easy and help around his home without constant fear of attack. After several months however, he became bored with his life. The prospect of remaining on the farm for the rest of his almost horrified him. At the age of 19, he took a rifle and some basic supplies and set out into the wastes, not really sure where he would go. For the next five years he traveled and explored the Legion territory. He found himself drifting further and further west, until finally he arrived at the Mojave. Now he's waiting at the Fort for the next Legion crossing to the west side of the Colorado so he can begin on this new journey.

See picture for appearance. 

Note- not seen for appearance is a Riot Helmet and Breathing mask.

140503-1051-38_zps95e2d26c.jpg

Name: Jessica Wyver

Weapons: Bozar (If that classes as unique, then a scoped Battle rifle), Bowie Knife and a .45 Autopistol and attachments

Skillz: Guns, Survival, Medicine

Backstory: A resident of the Divide, nothing was really remarkable until the Courier activated the warheads in the pre-war bunkers, bringing ruin to the once-thriving city. She was one of a small group of survivors who taught her basic survival and fightingtechniques. Slowly, they were picked off one by one by Marked, Deathclaws and the environment until she was the only one left. Eventually, she left for the Mojave in hopes of making a fortune in New Vegas, only to be spat out back into the wastes. Instead, she ended up taking up residence and eventually settling in the WolfHorn Ranch (South-West of Novac, west of Searchlight, east of Nipton), acting as a hired mercenary or guard for caps.

Armour (If you didn't pay attention^) Riot Armour Duster (Sleeves cut off) with some basic parts of the armour and several ammo puches. Has a small satchel for carrying essentials, and keeps a Divide Breathing Mask and a Riot Helmet for combat.

Race: Multidimensional Human/Pony 

Name: Vinyl Scratch

Sex:Female

Appearance: Humanized Vinyl Scratch with white skin, indigo eyes, and Vinyl Scratches signature hairstyle.

Weapons: Laser Minigun and laser pistol

Armor:Modded custom power armor with vinyl scratch cutie mark and other details

Story: During the war, there was a rupture in time and space, ripping a whole in two worlds. One side of the portal, mankind, the other side..... EQUESTRIA! Some ponies volunteered to investigate. Me, Vinyl Scratch, was one. Upon coming out, we were... altered fit fit our new environment. we had become human with only a few basic features of our old selves, besides personalities. We split to investigate and each explored new parts of the new world and specialized in new skills we discovered. I learned skills of my own and made new allies in the name of Equestria and AWESOME MUSIC! 

Skills: Energy Weapons n Stuff, Speech, and Science.

I have no current faction, however, I find myself occasionally assisting good-side aligned factions once in a while.

Edited by Vinyl Scratch

Bacon you're character has been accepted.

Vinyl I am sorry but your character has been denied. :(

( You have a PM from me respond to it so we can try and modify your character so we can work it out )

The RP thread is up anyone who is accepted may RP here.
http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/34752-fallout-new-vegas-rp-thread/

I have been writing a lot for the RP and have changed some of my clothes...

I now wear a mask that resembles what the NCR Rangers wear and have now changed by weapons to two 44 magnum revolvers and a sniper rifle.

( How he got them is explained in the RP ) :)