Fall of Man OOC Thread. Halo/ROTR crossover.

Composite Armour

This is the thread for sign up and OOC discussion. Please make sure to read the rules and read the faction details(There's quite a bit, but it must be done) before joining the RP.

s6p05f.jpgCredit to Silent Orbis for the logo. He builds art for China.

WARNING, THIS RP MAY AND PROBABBLY WILL CONTAIN GRAPHIC DESCRIPTION OF VIOLENCE, WAR CRIMES AND DEATH IN PRETTY HORRIBLE WAYS, READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED! DO NOT CONTINUE IF SUCH THINGS MAKE YOU UNCOMFORTABLE!

READ THE RULES!

Rules:

1. Show respect. Be polite, don't insult other members.

2. Never control someone other persons character unless discussed so in this thread.

3. No god mode. Your character won't kill an Elite with a single punch. Keep any fights or battles believable.

4. For the sake of cohesion, I ask that all posts begin with a date/time, character and location. 

5. Spelling and Grammar are important! If your post has awful spelling and grammar, then it will be considered void until rectified. Spelling and grammar checking software exists, so poor spelling on a consistent basis is not acceptable. However, if for whatever reason it requires human attention, PM the post to me if you would like me to proof read it. 

6. Be descriptive in your posts and have them filled with content. This is done for several reasons, one of them being it's more enjoyable to read, which is ultimately the point of the RP. Short, one-liner posts are not enjoyable to read and often offer little to respond to, making them pointless. Remember, the more you write, the more the other person can respond to and ultimately move the story forward.

7. Please define what language you character is speaking when RP'ing with another character of a differing faction. This is to help prevent confusion. This is to be done even if you are RP'ing with a member of your own faction in the presence of another character belonging to a differing faction. 

8. There is a limit of one main character. Your main character is the one that is yours and you decide on all actions involving them. You may create a squad, but your squad members are not protected from being killed in other characters posts WITHOUT your consent. However, I will ask that killing another persons squad member be done in a conceivable and believable manner. There is also to be no mass deaths of another person's squad members. If you want, you may send me your post that involving killings to me by PM if you are not sure it will be ok.

9. No high ranking characters are allowed. This a character based RP, not a faction one. All major control of the factions will be done by me. However, a faction can be controlled on a local level if they are ranked appropriately.

10. No super weapons. All use of Nukes, mass bombings, orbital bombardments and the like will be done by me. You can PM me requesting one and I will allow it I deem it suitable.

11. Read the lore in this thread. Seriously, this is for the benefit of you and everyone in the RP. It will cover all scenarios and make sure that there is a pre-defined standard as to how things perform.

12. If you have any concerns or problems, PM me. I'll do my best to sort it out.

END OF RULES.

If you would like to help moderate this RP, send me a PM and I'll see if we can sort something out.

Current moderaters:

Edward Kenway

Halogeek

Character sheet:

Human:

Name:

Sex:

Faction:

Branch:

Appearance:

Armour appearance:

Equipment:

Language(s):

Role:

Brief History:

Covenant:

Race:

Appearance:

Armour appearance:

Equipment:

Brief History:

Accepted Characters:

Vasz "One" 'Umbuee (Covenant) (Edward Kenway)

Logan Sheppard (USA) (Yoshi1176)

Gavril Andreyushkin (Russia) (Halogeek)

Tyler MacMillan (USA) (D-38 Boss)

Sarah Cooper (ECA) (Silent Alpha)

Hibban Shahab (China) (Silent Orbis)

John (GLA) (Ranger447)

Sean E. Murphy (ECA) (Ledgend1221)

Taking character apps for all factions. Will accept them when the lore is done and they are rectified as such.

• Like 4

Awesome, playing as Covenant this time around.

Name: Vasz "One" 'Umbuee

Race: Sangheili

Appearance: Light grey skin which feels similar to a piece of weathered leather strips, bright blue eyes and a slight overbite on his mandibles, which each bear a darker colour then his skin tone.

Armour appearance: Bright Crimson Minor Armor, adorned with Ultra Shoulders and dim orange lights and pulses on his armour, he wears a busted and cracked silver Dog tag along his neck, once belonging to a soldier, his first kill. One symbolizes this as a ritualistic object, a "first blood" of sorts, and keeps it to remember what started him on this path, likely as a motivation.

Equipment: Covenant Carbine and a Jiralhanae combat knife/

Brief History: Vasz, now more commonly known as One, started off as a simple minor in the Covenant, another soldier to be wasted, another pawn to be used and cast aside, but One changed that one day. His story will follow this encounter many years later, and explain his tale eventually as the story continues, and how he was adorned with the name "One".

Edited by Edward Kenway

Name: Logan Sheppard

Sex: Male

Faction: USA

Branch: Pathfinder

Appearance: Short neat blonde hair, Grey colored eyes, small scar above left brow, 6 foot tall, 200 pounds, Slim and muscular, light  colored skin, five o'clock shadow. 

armor appearance: Black and sleek much like that of an ODST, Silver visor, Dog tags tucked under armor.

Equipment: Silenced marksman rifle, M1911, Cloaking device, Tacpad, GPS, Utility knife.   

Languages: English, Limited Russian

Role: Sabotage, intelligence 

Brief history: Joined the military when he was 18 two years later he was involved in a battle deep behind enemy lines he was one of the few survivors, he was then promoted to lieutenant and assigned to the Pathfinder branch for his expertise in the field. He spent numerous campaigns in several countries across the world. He know hundreds of contacts from all over the globe. He was recently sent to London to gather Intel on the conflicts in Europe.

Edited by Yoshi1176

Name: Gavril Andreyushkin

Faction: Russian Federation

Branch: Spetsnaz GRU (Group of Special Operations)

Appearance: Snow white hair, violet eyes, 5.11 feet tall, weighs 81 kilograms, pale skin, no facial hair, muscular physique.

Armour appearance: OMON Spetsnaz Camo Suit, Ushanka (snow cap), Ballistic camo pants, black boots, Sniper Rifle holster on his back

Equipment: Modified Silenced Dragunov SVD, Czech CZ 75 Semi Automatic Pistol, Two combat knives, GPS.

Language(s): Russian, English, German

Role: Sniper, Assassin, Infiltrator

Brief History: Gavril joined the Spetsnaz when he was 20, and was very skilled. In his early life he had trained in various forms of martial arts, so it came in handy. In the early days of the war when he was a few years into his Spetsnaz career, his first assignment was to capture a Solaris powerplant near the German-Polish boarder, in Kostrzyn, Poland. The mission failed completely, but the Russian Federation managed to cover up the failure and the existence of the operation, so the ECA wouldn't know of it. More of his successful missions include cutting off sea supply routes from Helsinki and Stockholm to Copenhagen, as well as assassinating Minor Officers in the ECA Military, including Lieutenant Margeaux of France and Major Fischer of Germany. 

Edited by HaloGeek

That only really leaves three sides for you to choose from: ECA, Russia or the GLA.

China is not actively engaged in any conflict and would have no need for a PMC and the US are still debating entering the war and would not have hired any PMC.

But give it a shot and we'll see how it goes.

I don't wanna be that guy, but I'm going to be anyway.

The US military (Which includes the marines, obviously.) hasn't used the M1911 in almost 20 years. They use the M92fs now.

Just artistic license there. The same reason why Russian conscripts are still using AK-74s. It's simply more recognisable and more...American is a good way to put it.

I can do up a lore reason for why the M9 was phased out tonight.

Just artistic license there. The same reason why Russian conscripts are still using AK-74s. It's simply more recognisable and more...American is a good way to put it.

I can do up a lore reason for why the M9 was phased out tonight.

Have NATO collapse. That's the main reason we use the M9 now.

(THIS SPACE RESERVED FOR A FUTURE U.S. CHARACTER)

Have NATO collapse. That's the main reason we use the M9 now.

(THIS SPACE RESERVED FOR A FUTURE U.S. CHARACTER)

NATO did collapse with the decision by the US to consolidate it's military forces after the GLA attack on a US Chemical storage facility on the east coast. It reverted to a policy of isolationism and abandoned Europe to the GLA onslaught. It was replaced by the Eurasian Unity league when China stepped in to drive the GLA from Europe, but that became little more then an economic settlement when the ECA was formed.

Name: Tyler MacMillan

Faction: U.S.

Branch: Delta (Former U.S. Army Rangers)

Callsign: Replay

Squad: Foxtrot 1-1 "Vulcan" Forward Recon Team

Appearance: Short, Messy, Black hair. Green Eyes. 5"8', 165 Pounds.

Armour appearance: Wears a normal Plate Carrier vest, various pouches for magazines and supplies. Regularly wears a plain black baseball cap, and a black bandanna around his neck

Equipment: Main rifle: 

Custom Smithed M4E6 Chambered for 7.62mm rounds.

myweapon_zps34c85b49.jpg

Keeps an M93fs on standby (Updated M92, chambered for .45 rounds)

Radio, Small Medkit, and Spotting scope are kept on his person at all times.

Language(s): English

Role: Force Recon

Brief History: After 5 years with the Rangers, Sgt. MacMillan was recruited to Delta for his quick thinking, and methodical planning of small force operations. His skills as a team leader saw him assigned a small recon team, but without any actual experience in field, his squad-mates don't believe he's ready to lead at his age.

Edited by D-38 Boss

On the ECA lore, I really like, but I need to ask about something.

The Benelux countries are France, Belgiun, and the Netherlands. They all are on the English Channel.

I'm not sure if you meant this or you just screwed up your geography, but that would mean that Russia would have already crossed all of Eastern Europe and most of Middle Europe(Germany, Switz, Austria, Italy, Denmark). And I mean Middle on a Vertical Standpoint.

So if you did mean the invasion to get this far, forgive me, but I just needed to clarify.