Is this the ark?

Adam91

I seen this image over at bungie.net a few days ago suggesting that the halo 5 trailer could have taken place on the ark and you can see similarities beteen the 2 images. 

9018778912_994f391a7b_z.jpg

Remember the ark was not completely destroyed only heavily damaged as I'm sure you all know, what do you think? The possibility of the ark coming back into the story again really interests me.

• Like 1

Is the picture on the right of the ark? Or is it of the ark with a floating thing in the middle.

Jagged rocks could mean anything, maybe it is the other ark we haven't visited.

The ark pictured at right is two fold. The "ball" in the middle is a 3d image of the damaged ark, like we are looking at it from space. The background is the same Ark, but a still from we played on it in Halo 3, before it was heavily damaged.

The ark pictured at right is two fold. The "ball" in the middle is a 3d image of the damaged ark, like we are looking at it from space. The background is the same Ark, but a still from we played on it in Halo 3, before it was heavily damaged.

But the Ark is like a flower, not a ball.

Okay I see now, only problem they would face is explaining why the forerunner there didn't do anything the first time around.

Or it is just the other ark.

Maybe this Forerunner could only be activated by the Didact. Since he wasn't resuscitated at the time, it waited in the sand for his orders.

• Like 1

Great topic Adam.

I don't think we'll be heading back to The Ark in Halo 5, I think we had enough of the Lesser Ark in Halo 3. I think it's about time that they introduced the Greater Ark into the Halo games though. The planet we see in the background of the left image is bigger and could represent a larger core for the Greater Ark. There's no doubt that the two pictures are similar, but it can't be said that this was done on purpose by 343. I believe that the Greater Ark was used more by the Forerunners and that it would be weird to go back and then discover Sphinxs, Seekers, or whatever this new giant metal dragon thing is now instead of earlier

• Like 1

Interesting. I hadn't considered this.

The ruins and debris before the Robotalienbirddragonthing rises also holds some questions.

My theory was that, the wierd cliffs on reach look vaguely similar, and the RABDT was in a forerunner structure. (Not all of reach was glassed, just about 2/3rds if I remember correctly)