"Meet Your Maker" Infinity Slayer Question and Answer thread.

Absolute Dog

When you say, "compatible with Halo 4’s Infinity Slayer (including ordinance drops)" do the ordnance drops need to be used the way Infinity Slayer usually uses them - ie. a wide variety of power weapons on random drops, non-respawning initials, no loadout guns, etc?

Or are we just talking about not ignoring ordnance altogether or building maps that are completely broken by PODS?

Can I use respawning initials and random drops with loadout weapons?

Do you have to sign up to just do this,or can you join whenever?

It is a forge contest. Simply submit a finished map for judging.

So do you edit a multiplayer map then play on it. Or does someone else edit a multiplayer map and you play on it?

I have no clue what this actually means. Forge takes place on the three shipped forge maps.
  • Like 2

When you say, "compatible with Halo 4’s Infinity Slayer (including ordinance drops)" do the ordnance drops need to be used the way Infinity Slayer usually uses them - ie. a wide variety of power weapons on random drops, non-respawning initials, no loadout guns, etc?

Or are we just talking about not ignoring ordnance altogether or building maps that are completely broken by PODS?

I am also curious about this as well.

They have several maps that don't conform to the original launch set-up in MM as it stands, running Infinity Slayer. If you're implying we should use MM as a model, it's inconsistent. There's nothing outrageous being asked here.

I will add a clarifying post to give a clear idea of what is expected either later tonight or in the AM. Thank you.

Guest Psychoduck

As long as your map uses ordnance, respawning initials are fair game. If you feel that they will be better suited to your map then random drops, then use them.

To others, your map must support 4v4 infinity slayer, no other game modes are being judged upon.

• Like 5

This may seem silly, but can we make the map hold a variety of gametypes. NOT to be judged on, just so it can be played by someone on those if they want?

i.e. If my 4v4 IS map seemed to work well with CTF, could I make it work with it. Just not to be voted on that in now way whatsoever.

This may seem silly, but can we make the map hold a variety of gametypes. NOT to be judged on, just so it can be played by someone on those if they want?

i.e. If my 4v4 IS map seemed to work well with CTF, could I make it work with it. Just not to be voted on that in now way whatsoever.

Absolute Dog my correct me on this but if you wish to put other gametypes and there coordinating spawns on a map then got for it. Most slayer maps can work with a variety of gametypes but not all of them. Please focus on slayer and if CTF or something else works then it's nothing more than a bonus.

• Like 2

Do we meet the real makers of Halo 4 or do we just meet some employees of 343i ?

Meet Your Maker is an acronym for meeting the maker of the winning map then the winners meeting the makers that judged them winners, ie, the judges. The winning maps will be forwarded onto Certain Affinity so they can see what the forgers are capable of with the tools CA gave them in forge.

I am just curious, How many of these maps will get tested with infinity slayer. I only say this because if you get say 100 entries. There is no way you will be able to get to play every map in Infinity slayer. If you take in to account that its 10 minutes for a game of slayer and that there already 18 entrants that would be 3 hours of gameplay and i think most people will submit maps toward the end.

Unless of course you started playtesting already it would be a daunting task to test all the maps. So what are your criterea to get playtesting

• Like 1

I am just curious, How many of these maps will get tested with infinity slayer. I only say this because if you get say 100 entries. There is no way you will be able to get to play every map in Infinity slayer. If you take in to account that its 10 minutes for a game of slayer and that there already 18 entrants that would be 3 hours of gameplay and i think most people will submit maps toward the end.

Unless of course you started playtesting already it would be a daunting task to test all the maps. So what are your criterea to get playtesting

The maps will go through a series of judging. Once there is a set of maps that have passed all criteria used, we will then play them. I offer no definitive date for announcing the winners as we want to ensure we have done a thorough job with judging, playing and debating the maps.

Stupid question, but can it be asymmetric? I have a decent map if so....

And should two+ people enter, who would (Theoretically) Get prizes? Would it be shared or both get the same?

Maps can be submitted of any type of symmetry. There is only one member able to submit the map, if two or more work on the map then it is on the submitter of the map to disperse any prizes won.

how do i upload an image to my pc for my map?

Using the down load feature inside Waypoint should work for your images. Once on your hard drive, simply transfer them to "PhotoBucket" and use the 'IMG Code' to place the image in your post here.