The Portal

Minuette

Okay so looking back I thought I should takes things back and rewrite it, so I did, but now I added some background story to my Machinima because I can :P now here it is! The revised, rewrote, and better than ever story! It may have some grammar and spelling errors, that's what you get when you look at the paper instead of the screen XD oh and the Chapters are fixed as well

The Portal

Prologue:

I walk down my street every night usually to get away from the yelling and the fighting between my mother and my sister, and sometimes to think and wander deep into my thoughts, I always take the same street, the one that leads to our local store called Walmart. I walk behind the old wooden fence that has a couple of broken planks,but this time it was different.

Chapter 1: The Portal

It was the same cold and dark night as always beginning with the fighting I walked down my stars to my kitchen to get some coffee and sat down on the couch to watch some T.V, but I was too late and my sister got home late and they started fighting again before I could even watch my T.V show, so I got up, put on a coat and walked out the door without them noticing, once I opened the artic entry door a gush of cold air came at me and made a chill go down my spine. As I walk, I look up at the stars thinking about what other creatures may walk upon different planets. A gush of wind knocked me out of my deep thinking and found myself walking towards this beautiful noise, the sounds of the ocean and the songs of the whales combined into this gorgeous sound that felt like the heavens were reaching out to me, calling me. After following the sound I came across the path that I walk every night. As I walked closer to the sound, ignoring the snapping twigs under my feet and water sliding off damp orange leaves from the rainstorm we had last night. A brilliant light peeked through the thick trees and Bushes, the bright metallic colored cyan light seemed to be bouncing off the leaves and as I got closer the light got brighter, it was like looking at the sun but less painful to the eyes. The closer I walked to the light it felt as if the world went silent, I couldn't hear anything, as I got up to the light, it started to retract into a dimmed dark blue light, as I looked into the portal, I could see fields of green and bright blue skies without a cloud in sight, it felt like something was pulling me in, but it was just me being hypnotized by its brilliance. When I entered the portal, it felt like I was traveling back in time, I then stepped out to the same field I saw in the portal, but this time it had golden sheep, cyan lakes, but with the same sky, as I kept looking, something caught my eye, Creatures that I've never seen before, like mythical creatures like Griffons and pegasi, and horses, colored horses, my mind went blank for a second and when I looked again nothing was there anymore, I turned around to find myself panicking as the portal disappeared, I was trapped and had to find a way out.

As I climb up the side of a cliff that was a 6 minute walk from the place I was originally at, I observed the landscape below for a few hours, something caught my eye as I look off into the distance, I saw a large metal structure with a tip-like point for the top and a large iron door going inside the mountain. As I walked up to the structure door, I heard faint noises shouting out, like warnings from the unquiet undead. I walked through the damp and dark corridors, I soon ended up in a huge room, I walked a little further and fell down a circular hole in the ground, I started sliding down the pipe-like hole the voices got louder, I hit the ground hard and got up dazed , after my vision cleared I saw a tomb in the middle of the room, I walked up to open the tomb out of curiosity but before I could, the building gave a large shake like thousands of earthquakes where going off at once, then someone spoke with a booming voice.

The booming voice said "Who is the name of what awakes me?" I stood there for a moment trying to piece together what he just said with his broken English, I said my name "Mackenzie" with a shaky voice "Ahhh, the name that fate has brought here, this is not your world, yes?" I gave a small nod "well then, let me introduce myself, I am Kai, the god of time, Dimensions, and everything living, As I look into your future, I see you, of all people, are the savior, I will help you succeed in this deed since It is me that aids you, don't be frightened when you awake, you will feel different, you will look different, you will be different, you'll play as several roles of different beings in leading up to the final events of your life." The voice disappeared suddenly, and the room stopped shaking, everything was silent, I blacked out.

Chapter 2: Somethings Different

I woke up instantly from the short dream I had when I blacked out, I woke up on what felt like pillows but turned out, I was laying in a middle of a field with sheep surrounding me, the sheeps colors where different, it ranged from light and dark, I stood up and started walking towards a village I saw in the distance, as I got closer the village started reshaping, and disappearing at the same time, the landscape was changing, I kept walking and the land reformed as I walked, the village came back to normal and saw People, black and white colored like from those old movies, the same thing happened to the people as it did to the village, they flickered and reappeared normally colored. Something yelled my name, I turned around and found my girlfriend, but she was screaming, her voice cracked and went quiet then loud again, she started glitching out and then disappeared, suddenly a paper hit my face with my name on it, I was still stunned from what just happened to me. I soon forgot about it and read the note, it was from Kai "Mackenzie, I left you the same person since this is a different task, if you catch sight of anything abnormal, it's your brain trying to process the information because this place isn't normally for humans, now I left you a house, but it's different, it's a huge tree house, not the ones that are in the sky hanging from a tree but it's a house inside a tree, I took the leisure of giving it to you because it has been vacant for many years, To keep this short, I'll mentally send you the directions, Good luck" The letter had no signature or anything, I placed it in my pocket, then I knew where my house was after he mentally sent it to me, he sent it into my memory which means whoever this person is, is powerful.

I walked to where the Temporary memory described and found a medium size house with a tree in the back of it, I went inside to find myself looking at a fireplace and to the left there are stairs going around the back of the fireplace to the second level, to the right there are windows with plants outside. Behind me are bookcases on each side of the wooden door. I walked up the staircases to a huge room with a big sized bed in the middle of the room with a window behind it and to the right of it, there were more bookcases behind me and a small button, I pressed it and heard gears and clanking sounds vibrating the room, a doorway opened into a pear tiled floor and a huge rounded bathtub, with a sink and a window off to the side. I decided to go out and walk around before I did anything else. Once I was outside it was dawn, I walked around the Town on a dirt path walking past the weirdly colored Humans , I saw a rather peculiar Person, he dressed different than everyone else, what he was wearing did not match what he was holding, he was holding balloons giving them to little kids He was rather wild, no I'd say crazy because he walks very strangely, like skipping like a girl in a flower field picking berries, he smiles all the time as well. I slowly walked past him, he looked at me and his smile slowly went away, it looked like he was trying to think, He started getting red like he was embarrassed, he immediately turned around and ran off drop all of the balloons he was holding and they floating up in the sky.

//PRESENT\\

"Chavez, something happened" says a white blonde woman wearing Tortoiseshell glasses and holding a clipboard close to her chest in a firm grip "what is it? I'm busy" Said a mean looking fellow in a military uniform sitting at a desk looking at a laptop "you know that project that was denied 7 months ago?" "You mean the one that got my best squad killed?" said Chavez now looking up. "I'm truly sorry" said the woman looking intently at him then continued "we decided to run some more tests and found out that it moved to another location, a temporary synthetic wormhole, it approximately lasted for only 3 minutes, enough time for someone to find it, and walk in." "Samantha, what are you saying?" Chavez said said with more of a angry tone "someone.... or something created a temporary portal using the control center from this structure, I fear it's still alive" said Sam with a little bit of a frightened tone "are you saying that thing that James killed and killed himself in the process is STILL ALIVE!?" Said Chavez as he stood up ready to take a whole army down "sir, I didn---" "leave...." "but" Sam quietly said "LEAVE NOW!" Chavez yelled pointing at the door behind her, Samantha opened the door and slammed it behind her, Chavez sat back down, he then slammed his fists on his desk then through everything off his desk and the floor making crashing, crackling sounds as the objects hit it.

Samantha walked up to a console and saw the same thing she saw 3 months earlier, the words that kept coming back to her, the words that can tear the whole universe apart if spoken "They awaken......" She gasped and touched the console to try and shut it down, but instead it cracked and glowed red, the crack seemed to be opening more she looked at it, she turned away when she heard a mess being made in Chavez's office, she looked back and nothing was there, just the console the way it was before.

I kept on walking down the dirt path towards more of the houses to look at it and observe how they live, curious how People in this world can complete everyday tasks without any tools, electricity or trees, even thought the houses where made out of trees. After about an hour of walking around, I decided to go back to my house and get settled in. I reached the front of the house and opened the door, right when I opened the door, the same strange man came up behind me in a swift movement with a balloon cart, I quickly went in the house and shut the door before he had the chance to say anything, or worse, do anything, I walked upstairs leaving him to bang on the door or look through the windows which I closed soon after. The small clock over the window read "7:34 PM" I decided to go to bed early and went upstairs, crawled up on my bed and went to sleep.

I woke up to the suns light shining through the window I left unblind folded, I stepped off the bed and went downstairs to take another look around, I looked at a book with the name of The Void, but with no author, the book was only a page, so I started reading.

The Void

"For those who are reading this, I fear he has already fooled you, whatever place you are in, it's not real, he takes things from your mind and makes the world out of it, you got here, you need to leave, the place you're in is the Void, it's a place between two universes, one of these universes is opposite towards the other, they work in parallel, there are lots of these, people call them dimensions, I believe you're caught up, I might as well tell you how I got here, who I am, and where I am, I got here by a portal, it was a denied project, but the scientist creating it ignored the declined paper he received when he wanted to approve it for use, after he got it working, he tested it on himself, he disappeared, once he traveled he disturbed a Evil that should of never been awaken, they call themselves gods, these gods guard and secure the Dimensions, my squad and I were sent in to find this scientist, the second jump through the portal made the gods react faster, they were awakening from a undisturbed sleep for millions of years, once these gods awoken, they fooled and tricked us, they say the control fate and when and how people die, the killed each one of my squad members one by one, painfully, one of them said there named was K--------------------------------------------------------

I must tell you mine, I'm Ja"-----------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the booked was ripped and the names where illegible, the rip looks liked a claw mark that scratched and teared through the page angrily. I closed the book and placed it under the cabinet and thought about what I just read, after a couple of minutes of compiling the information in my head, I decided to forget about it and move on, until I noticed a mistake, a very noticeable mistake, everyones personality did not fit what they wore or did, everything her did not make any sense.... and Kai said that everything that didn't seem right was just my brain trying to process the information, I knew that was a clever lie..... . I walked outside and found myself falling, falling in total blackness, no wind, no sound or anything, I knew it was happening again, someone wants me to find something, I felt the ground again

Chapter 3: Mistakes included

I looked down and saw grass and legs, human legs, I started patting myself down to see if I was properly human and not another species like Kai mentioned when he was talking to me, I was wearing blue jeans, a white dress shirt with another white shirt under that, I had short brown hair, I touched my side and felt a holster and a gun, a M1911 to be exact and a couple of clips.

The voice clouded my vision again and everything went dark

"You have completed task, do what you do and you know what you'll have to do when you see it" My vision cleared out and was standing in a open field with lakes and trees, I started walking towards a hill, it was a longer walk than it looked, about 10 to 15 minutes. On top of the hill there was a drop off towards an ocean, it disappeared and I fell off the cliff.

//4 months earlier\\

"Crispy, where are we?" James said climbing out of a pit he appeared in only moments ago " I don't know, but it seems that we're in a asteroid field" said crispy with a female voice "It's gravity is the same as earths, and the how is breathable" said James as he took off his helmet risking the chance of being wrong "did the portal make it this way?" James added "or it could have it's own atmosphere and orbit" said Crispy with a curious tone, James walked towards an open building and dropped down "Seems like someone wanted to get in, and ended up tearing the whole place apart doing so" James said as he looks through a half open door, he continued walking until there was a drop off into nothing with a couple of walls jammed into the sides of floating rocks trapped in the asteroids orbit, he jumped across them and climbed up onto a ledge and Crispies voice chimed in in again "look! over there!" James jogged over towards a building with glass windows and a couple of collapsed silos blocking one of the entrances. James walked in to find himself in a circular room with a core and a couple of monitors in the middle of the room with glass under it, below that was a hollow room with a red glowing rock in the middle, and wires going to the core giving it power, the lights started to flicker "James! I'm reading high radiation spikes!" Crispy said in a alerted tone " I think it's time to go" James quickly turned around and the lights went out, a large growl echoed around the place " I don't think we're the only ones here" Crispy said in a frightened tone. A large scraping sound seemed to be circling James, the core started to glow a bright blue light that illuminated the room, James caught a glimpse of it right before it took off, a red glow came from a monitor, James walked to it, and saw text "I am Kai, god of time, we know your past James, we know your future" James stood still for a moment to think, the text said "we" meaning there are multiple of them, James already knew it killed his squad, but didn't know what it was or who it is, but he did know something, it was powerful.

I woke up on the cold metal floor, my head was pounding and my body was aching from that fall I took before I got knocked out by the force of the fall, I immediately stood up by the sound of a water drip against the metal floor, it was cold and there was a gush of wind meaning the exist out of this place was close. To be safe, I pulled out the M1911 and clicked the safety off, I walked towards a dim light that was shining on the floor, with the gun pointed ahead of me. I heard a rattle and fired the gun and the bullet hit a shield like wave phase through then disappeared, I walked into the field and felt a wave of energy go through me and found myself somewhere else then I was before.

I found myself in a room with a core-like object glowing with power, I heard voices on the other side "James, there is a vehicle bay directly under us" a female voice said, I went towards the sound but instead found a radio, the radio kept transmitting their voices and cut off when I touched the radio, I heard a banging with the sound of metal being teared , a wet sound like tentacles being dragged across the floor, the moment I saw the monster the glass broke under me and the core and all the other monitors came crashing down along with me, my side hit the red glowing rock and followed by a monitor. The pain was immense, it felt like ever bone in my body was broken, the worse thing about it was the power cut off and the growling was louder.

"James, I'm reading seismic activity at the facility we were just at, also the radiation spikes also seem to be going down" said Crispy in a informative tone "should we go back?" James said as he was getting in one of the vehicles "no I think.... I think its them!, someone just appeared on the scanner and I found a trace of a synthetic wormhole, the same kind you used to get her" "leave them, it would just endanger us all, that thing has been following us for a while, it's time for it to follow someone else this time" James said as he turns the ignition on and pulls out of the vehicle bay and heads to the far side of the asteroid.

Samantha walked down the hallway to a wide open room with steel walls and wire cables coming from a titanium square frame glowing a bright blue with a ocean looking swirl around it. "Samantha! come over here!" Chavez yelled from across the room, Sam started a slight jog towards Chavez, once she got there Chavez said something that got her spirits up "I'm reading life signs from the portal! the scientist said he left the capabilities journal around here and I found them!, there are 6 life signs that went through, or already there" Chavez said "That means James is still alive? what about the other five?" Samantha said out of curiosity. "Uh oh, those monsters or so called "gods" there were four of them, James killed one of them, that means the one James killed is still alive?" said Chavez with a bewildered face and looked back down at the console.

I pushed the monitor that was resting on my chest, I stood up in the pitch black and suddenly the growling started again, but it sounded like it was coming from everywhere, I couldn't triangulate it it's position, I heard a engine roar to my right and immediately turned around and started running towards the sound only to find out the noise went away as the vehicle drove off, but luckily there was a small light at the end of the tunnel that was closing fast. I found myself in a vehicle bay, the one the female voice was talking about, it only had one vehicle left. I found the on switch to turn the vehicle on, strange how it didn't need a key for the ignition, I flipped the switch and heard the grumble of the motor and died down a few seconds later, I pressed the gas and the vehicle moved slowly, I pressed a little harder and the vehicle jolted forward, I followed another vehicle tracks that were fresh. After a couple of hours of just driving, the vehicle tracks stopped, I got out of the vehicle and looked around for any signs, but there were none, I looked forward and picked up a rock and through it in front of me and the same thing happened, a wave of energy phased through the world and disappeared, I went through it.

Chapter 4: End is Nigh

"Crispy? Were are we now?" James said as he looks around to find himself in a park "I think we're back on earth, we've traveled 2 months into the future, we're on the Northern hemisphere, I think somewhere in Washington D.C" Crispy said, James started walking around until he found himself near a school, when the kids were getting out, James was about to leave until a group of kids saw him in his titanium armor that he was given during the mission, one of the teachers grabbed them and everyone ran inside "This is not good, we better leave" Crispy said trying to find a place to go without attracting too much attention, suddenly they heard sirens coming towards them "James, ditch your gun, I think that's why they ran back into the school" James gulped and grabbed the Machine Gun that was attached to his back and through it in the bushes next to a tree and started running "Crispy, hurry find a place!" James said in fear "Locating...... Found it! there should be a anime convention somewhere around here, wait it's just 2 blocks directly in front of us! go there!" Crispy said in a hurry

James started a sprint towards the convention before anyone else could see him and call the FBI because of a strange guy in a metal suit running impossibly fast for a normal human in a Titanium suit.

The world bursted to life as I took a step out of the portal, I was back on earth, in front of the white house to specific, everybody was looking at me strangely because I just stepped out of a portal in mid-air, I started walking towards a crowded area, most of them wearing Anime costumes, I think I'm at a Anime convention, I saw someone running towards us in a suit who then started to slow down, it was the same person because I heard him say the words Crispy just like on the radio that was transmitting, I ran over to him and he looked at me looking to his sides, I yelled "Wait!" but he headed off into the crowd he was near by with people dressed up as video game characters, I saw another glimpse of him walking into the building, just then the ground started shaking and a group of girls screamed of the sudden jolt of the ground, a thing came out and morphed into a human, very fast, he was wearing a suit and walked the other way, I looked away and focused on the guy in the suit. I walked into the convention to see tons of people crowding every inch of the hallway, it was a hard time to get through, I headed up stairs were I heard a lot of people compliment someone a suit which I suspected was him and I was correct, he walked into a room and I followed him, I walked into the room and he grabbed me and slammed me against the wall holding me up by the collar "What do you want? and why are you following me?" the guy said "Look, I saw you, remember that asteroid we were on? and the vehicle bay?" I said talking faster than usual "You were there? You were the one that jumped through that portal? I thought you were the team that tried to get me out of there, how'd you survive? He said out of curiosity "You mean survive that monster thing? He didn't attack me, all I heard was his growling and claws scraping across the floor, but after I came out of the portal and I was following you, I saw the thing come out of the portal and morph into a casual business suit" I said cautiously "You let him out!? this is not good, that things name is Kai he will destroy this world if he gets the chance" James said serious and set me down and leaned up against the wall and closed the door that he left open "Kai? He talked to me and said I had to complete certain tasks, but I ended up finding errors in the world of his, and a book about The Void" I said until I heard a bang and 2 soldiers rushed in with Machine Guns wearing S.W.A.T suits "GET YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD AND TURN AROUND!" James and I turned around and got cuffed, the SWAT put 3 cuffs on James and took his helmet off to reveal a face, pale skin, brown short hair, with blue eyes and a promising and trusting face, he winked at me and mouthed the words "Do whatever they say and follow what I do" They pulled us out on the street where everyone was looking at us and put us in a SWAT truck.

"This is not right" Chavez said as another earthquake jolted him into a door and starts heading towards to his office "He looked through his laptop going through classified materials and looks at a a program and opened it, and cursed under his breath. The SWAT truck flipped and hit a side of the building where Chavez was located "Mackenzie, we need to get inside that building" Said James as he ripped off the cuffs on his hands and retrieved his helmet that was with a dead soldier and put it on. A crack appeared in the middle of the road, James and Mackenzie ran into the building, as James entered the building Chavez ran into him "James? How the he----" James cut him off trying to know where the portal is located, and where the weapon cache was located, the moment Chavez was leading him to it, tentacles arose from the ground and the guy who was in the business suit came towards us changing into a Huge red eyed figure, the lights cut off so we couldn't get a good look at his face "Chavez, you need to get everyone out, this is my fight" said James as he loads the shotgun "Mackenzie you need to go with them" I didn't argue with James and followed Chavez and the others.

"You've got me! now why don't you end this?" James said yelling at the dark figure, the monster grabbed James by the legs with his tentacles, He pumped the shotgun and shot it in the face when he got close to his face, the thing groaned and through James at the portal and slammed the console destroying it but turning it on at the same time "Don't try to fight this James, you will die, don't try to deny it" the monster said and through a huge crate at James knocking him back "I'm not going own that easily" James said out of breath and picked up a nearby Rocket launcher that fell out of the crate when it was thrown, James shot the rocket and hit one of it's tentacles and made it fly off and the creature screamed "I thought I would go easy on you but not anymore" Yelled the monster and picked up every object in the room without anything physical and through them at James, they all hit him in a explosion, He fell back next to the portal "James, you're not going to survive this, do what needs to be done" a waypoint appeared on his HUD to a experimental Missile, James ran towards and picked it up, the monster growled and jumped forward onto James and his face appeared, things could not explain what he looked like " We're both going out" James said as he pressed the button on the side of it and shoved it into the monsters chest, Chavez ran back into the room to see the whole thing down "Nooooooooo!" Chavez yelled as the explosion blew up half the building and shook the ground violently. Chavez ran over to find nothing there except the pieces left of the monster which somehow disappeared into the ground, but nothing left of James. Chavez ran a big ceremony on top of the hill with 4 coffins of the squad that risked their lives saving the earth, every coffin was full except for James, except his Dog Tags that were found in a downed SWAT truck. The ceremony lasted for 4 hours of speeches, mainly Chavez's speech, after the ceremony 6 Jets flew over the coffins as they were getting buried in the ground.

Chapter 5: It's far from over

//PRESENT\\

"James.... James, please respond" Crispy said for the next 13 minutes "Ugh..." James started to slowly get up dusting off the sand on his armor to find himself in a desert "James! thank god, I'd thought you died! Crispy said with a sign of relief "I shouldn't be alive, I just blew up Kai with a missile and was at the center of it" James said as he laid down and looked up towards the sky "Where are we anyways?" James said out of curiosity as he tries to look around when he lays on the ground "I don't know, I can't do anything, I think something corrupted my systems when we blew up" Crispy says with a alerted tone as she tries to find out what is happening to her. The sky lit up with a huge bang and a blue field crossed the land rapidly and was out of sight before James could get up "What was that?" Said James "I don't know, but it was high intensity, but it did do something, maybe it's going somewhere? head towards where it was heading, lets see if we can find out were we are" Crispy said, James got up and started walking.

I read the name Lyra Zing on a piece of paper, I looked down a remembered I was taking a final exam for my Social Studies class which was my last class of the year before I got out of College, I just had to pass the test but couldn't focus, Mackenzie has been absent from the class for 4 days, he would fail the class if he didn't have a valid reason of his unexcused absences. Minutes felt like hours and seconds felt like minutes, but eventually after what felt like hours, the teacher graded my paper and passed with a B+ I still worried for Mackenzie, he never missed more than one day of school, but always had a rough family. I passed my friends at their lockers eager to get home and see why Mackenzie has been absent, after I opened the door, I heared my father yell for me to come into the living room, I walked through the huge kitchen into a rectangular room with a large flatscreen TV at the end of it. "Lyra, look" My dad said, I looked at the TV, the first thing I saw was the words "large explosion in Washington D.C, was it part of a terroist attack?" The second thing that caught my eye was Mackenzie, he was on the news where the explosion was located, he looked like he'd been through hell, another guy, a gruff looking male in a army uniform was talking and mentioned it was just a missile malfunction and was also the cause for the big cracks in the middle of the streets. "well ,looks like your boyfriend was the cause of it" my dad said jokingfuly. I went upstairs to a bare room with all my stuff packed, I did final checks to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

"Chavez, what now?" I said looking at him after the news team went away.

"I'm sure you need to get back to your family, we'll keep in touch, I've already have a airplane ticket for you, Seattle, Washington, yes? Said Chavez with a smirk on his face "How did you know?" "Well, I know everything" He said and handed me the ticket. Thankfully one of his friends handed me a lift because he had to go somewhere else also, he said something had happened in China and needed to investigate, after 30 minutes of getting through security and everything, I arrived at my plane right on time, it was about a 6 hour journey, it could of been longer but I wasn't really focused, I forgot I missed a important test, but good thing the teacher was having the final exam for 3 days after the main test for those who wanted to get a better grade or missed it, I had to pass it because I was moving with my girlfriend, I had saved a lot of money past the years of working, I also achieved a career online that got hundreds of dollars coming in each day, I bought a house overlooking a ocean in Florida, I always wanted one but was afraid I couldn't but my luck changed. The best thing about it that it has a room with soundproof walls which I plan to use for my studio, studio for voice acting and all that good stuff, and maybe some animations and a lot of video editing, only thing that makes me happy, well that sounds like I have no life but who cares? I arrived at my house that morning and quickly overcame that jetleg because I had more important stuff on my mind, the test, I took my car down the the university to take the test, best part about it was the lecture I was given on skipping school, but stopped once he received a note from one of the unviersities secretary which was from Chavez, he really did know everything, I took the test, which was easy because everything I went through made my memory better, whatever Kai did to me was still there, I passed with a A+ the teacher congratulated me and led me out the door, the teacher was nice, whatever was in that note must've been something good about me and why I was gone, but I couldn't guess because I had bigger things to do. I packed up most of my things and opened the trunk of my Ford 2012 Mustang I recieved when I got my license, the thing got good gas mileage, mainly because I modified it somewhat. I went over to Lyra's house, but it came back to me, the moment I saw her, the image came back, of her screaming, yelling, and crying, I fell against the wall and quickly regained balance and tried to forget that moment that happened in The Void.

"Kai, have you no mind?" Said Lai "I believe he has indeed lost his mind" Said Fai "Silence, both of you, we have matters to discuss, Kai, you have failed to get rid of James" Said Soko "He should of died along with me! that pest always manages to get away" Said Kai angrily "Calm yourself brother, we cannot die, so he can't stop us" Said Soko "But who is helping, better yet, how did James survive? someone is watching over him" said Fai "Well whoever is helping him, is powerful than us, even we can't detect it" Said Soko

"Crispy, we've been walking for hours and nothing has even come into sight" Said James tired and restless as he keeps on walking through the treacherous desert "I don't think this desert ever ends" Said Crispy with different pitch of voice than usual, James kept walking until what seemed forever, until night arrived, James couldn't take it anymore, he has been pushed to him limits, not even a experience soldier can last forever, he laid down and passed out. "Wake up, WAKE UP, we have to go" Said a female voice, James woke up in broad daylight to a blue orb, once he saw it, he quickly got up "What are you?" James said "No time, your AI friend, she needs help, follow me" The orb said, James said Crispies named, no response, James followed the strange orb as it floats away off into the distance.

I woke up and found myself in the back seat, it was dark. I looked around the car in almost pitch black except for the occasional street light to buzz by, I forgot we decided to leave early and get to Florida to start our lives, Lyra was driving, she was the best driver, she can twist in and out of corners and can drift with ease, natural eh? I thought to myself as we pass by a street light that was almost going out, I started to think and I gasped as I remembered the dream I had, the names Soko, Lai, Fai, and Kai came to mind out of nowhere, Kai, the monster who killed James, I still get the shivers from hearing that deathly rasp tone of a voice, I kept thinking how well Chavez was holding since James was his best friend, well soldier, at least that’s what Chavez says, but deep down I know they would take a bullet for each other. The car jammed to a stop and I jolted forward and hit the seat in front of me, I forgot that I wasn’t wearing a seatbelt and there was one of those Police checks were they see if you’re carrying anything illegal or doing anything illegal. I quickly put my seatbelt on and sat up straight ignoring the pain from when I smashed my face into the seat, I guess that’s why they made that driving law. We pulled up to one of the cops and he asked for our licenses and looked around the car for a bit, he looked at me and stared for a couple of seconds, he pulled out his walkie talkie and spoke into it, he put it away and let us go by.

The orb let James into a Jalopy of a house, the walls were torn down and the roof was just about to cave in, it was still in the middle of the desert with a large water supply. The orb pressed a button and the house started to fall apart, the walls were tore apart and the roof gave out and fell down, instead of slamming the floor, it fell farther like the floor below it was gone, an elevator climbed up to the top with parts of the roof still on it, the orb gestured James to get in and he complied. It felt like minutes going down. Finally the door opened to a huge metal room with barely anything in it except a table able to hold up someone about his weight, there was a console behind it with what looked like a scanner hanging above it. The orb floated to wards it and looked at the table and back at James, James knew he had to get one the table so he did.

Words appeared on the console and James blacked out

//Patients Identity: James

Titanium detected, analyzing………..

Analyzation complete. Reading layers

Titanium= Protective shell against gel layer

Gel layer= Protects against high velocity impacts with help of absorbers

Absorbers= Protects against bone breaks, high velocity actions that normal humans could not withstand, able to run at high speeds up to 9MPH

Designated AI name: Crispy

“I see, but what could of made him survive that explosion?” The orb said out of curiosity while looking down at James looking for any kind of damages to the armor.

The orb went to the Jame’s wrist and pulled out a Crispies neural network with sort of a magic glow, the orb levitated the chip and inserted it into the console and ran a diagnostic. The orb yelped and stared at the console screen for a couple of hours.

“Wha----?” I said as we suddenly stopped, I had been day dreaming of what was to come next. We stopped in front a large house, larger than I expected it would be. Lyra turned the car off and looked at me “You ready?” she said and got out of the vehicle and so did I right behind her. The doors were doubles, made of wood, and with a gold painted round door knob. The house on the inside was better than the outside, it had one of those twisty stair cases to our right and some book cases to our left, and to finish it off, a huge window in the living room looking over an ocean, and of course a fireplace. Glyphs, glyphs started appearing all over the walls, they started cracking apart with a red darkness coming out them, the house started shaking apart, tearing itself to pieces, then came a deathly whisper “We’re rising” Those words hit me harder than I thought and woke up.

Edited by Minuette
  • Like 2

Adde 2 more chapters, Sorry for the quick sweep between events, won't happen again because I lost 4 chapters and had to re-do it and didn't feel like going into great detail again, I may remove the spartan parts and continue the story without having the character being a spartan, I'll copy and paste chapter 4 if you think a superhuman spartan will do good, or if I should keep with the peace? your decision

Added another short chapter to the story, Chapter 4 will make up for it with all the twist and turns this and a couple of more chapters are for those who don't like.... nvm and the chapters after that will have more of a action sequence adding to the end of the story

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome bump! (good thing posts don't count in off-beat) Added a new title name "Portal of Fate" added a not quite finished Chapter, but still in progress, I have to say I'm making a giant leap with how big my chapters are, but beware, pony-haters wait till I release chapter 6 or 7, that will have some action, but I will add some action scenes in this with uspense and some thrills, in many possible ways I can without taking out the meaning of a MLP Reference

Going to make a cover for this story, if you would like to chip in and give it a go, go ahead.

• 2 months later...

I don't know how we could make this into a playable game.

You probably misread me because this is for my Machinima, more like background story, I was asking him if he would like the idea of it, not my story, cause it's mine and always will be, and to see if he liked my way of thinking or writing or whatever, I was sort of Vague when I posted

Is James a spartan? That's how I read it anyway.

I'm delving into characters better in this chapter and the next, I'm still working out how to do it, I may break off and create another timeline before all of this happened, just have to get into a better spot

The answer to your question is: maybe, I'm creating something like the spartan project that dosen't include kids, or needles, It's the stuff in between the armor and skin, another suit of sorts, but he does have armor or something lol