OH CRAP. I'm back.

King of Winter

Hello all! This is your King, and I have returned from the Northern lands (of California). I did not bring any pictures, so I am sorry to inform there will be no vacation slideshow. I will tell you a story of my travels though.

My journey began 6 days ago. I was lying down on my bed when a crow woke me up. On it's leg, it carried a rolled up piece of paper. I got the paper and the crow few away. I unrolled the paper and this is what it said, "Your Grace, this is Lord Baronclaw of Honesburg. I am in much need of your presence here. I must speak to you on a sensitive issue that cannot be written preferably." I called upon my hand, Lord Swarwick, the first of his name of Arson, and meet him in the throne room. There I showed him the message. He suggested I should not go. He pointed out that Lord Baronclaw said it was of much importance, but didn't write it as such. I thought it over and yet decided to go. I told him to go inform the King's guard to gather up 100 men to travel north.

. . .

The following morning I started my journey. The farther I went North, the more cold blooded I got. After two days of traveling, me and my men set up camp for a day to rest. Eventually night was upon us. I went outside my tent to find something to eat, when I noticed a flock of birds from the nearby forest flying away as if something has made them uncomfortable. I listened, and little by little the 100 men went silent. From the distance my 100 men and I heard the faint roar of a charging army. We drew our swords and prepared to fight. It was rebels. We fought until not one was alive. That night we won the battle, but we lost more than half our brothers.

I decided to continue on my journey since I were already more than halfway there. Eventually I arrived at Honesburg. I walked into the city and found it deserted. With caution, we went deeper into the city. I called out for someone but no one responded. My men suggested we head back outside into a difference entrance at the other side of the city but I needed to go see what was going on and headed towards the keep where Lord Baronclaw should be. As I approached the keep the horses became restless and got out of control. I mounted off my horse and went inside the keep. I yelled out again and no answer. I started to head over to the chambers were the Lords slept. When I opened the door, the head of Lord Baronclaw rolled out. I looked inside the room and there were the heads of rest of his family, rotting.

Later that night while discussing what to do with the King's guard I sent a message to my hand informing of what has happened and of my upcoming return to castle grounds.

I hope you enjoyed that story (that has not been proofread) I put together in 10 minutes....sooo yea.

P.S. Since Mr. Rookie556 actually did the signature thing (<3) I appoint him Lord Rookie, first of his name, of the North-Western Lands.