Halo 4 E3 Details from Walshy

Tomakazi

I would rather take new info off Walshy over just about anybody. I guess that eliminates anybody's question about killstreaks. You can't wait til another ordinance drop and get a more powerful weapon or power-up. Walshy knows what to say.

Ha, I was going to make a topic about this. Here's a follow up video from walshy bravo and best man talking about halo 4 weapons [media=]

[/media]

Thanks dude. It was 3 am here and Bravo said the vid was uploading but i just didnt feel like waiting for it to come up haha. Very informative, glad i watched the whole thing.

I'm actually pretty excited for H4. Only thing was I was also excited for Reach but that was a bust. Hopefully Halo 4 is worth the hype. There are parts that i dont like at all, like ordinance drops and forerunner/whatever its called vision, but we shall see how it all comes together and plays out.

Thanks dude. It was 3 am here and Bravo said the vid was uploading but i just didnt feel like waiting for it to come up haha. Very informative, glad i watched the whole thing.

I'm actually pretty excited for H4. Only thing was I was also excited for Reach but that was a bust. Hopefully Halo 4 is worth the hype. There are parts that i dont like at all, like ordinance drops and forerunner/whatever its called vision, but we shall see how it all comes together and plays out.

I remember Frank saying in an interview that there will be a classic halo mode. I'm not exactly sure how stripped it will be, that's completely up to them, but they're at least trying to please competitive core halo players.

• Like 1

Loadouts: over 1300 combinations, they plan on adding more tactical options, support options, etc

Tacticle options: Shielding - your shields recharge faster. Shields to begin with in Halo 4 recharge faster than in previous halos. Shields regen in a left to right bar.

Firepower - allows you to have two primary weapons, such as a br and dmr. Otherwise you would have to use a pistol or plasma pistol as a secondary.

Resupply - allows you to pick up grenades off your teammates and enemies bodies, which is otherwise not possible, a huge change in halo.

Armor Ability Efficiency - makes armor abilities recharge quicker. not very useful as armor abilities typically aren't spammed, and they're on a low cooldown anyways (sprint regens in 7 seconds).

Support options: Ammo - you start off with more ammo when you spawn, and weapons you pick up and ordinance drops also come with more ammo.

Sensor - increases the distance and sensitivity of your radar.

Awareness - allows you to have radar while zoomed in with weapons, particularly useful when using snipers which require being zoomed in for longer periods of time. All weapons have a zoomed-in skin in addition to the exterior options.

Mobility - allows you to have infinite sprint. Notably there was no recharge bar on sprint to begin with, however to have it's full effect took a wait of 7 seconds, and the duration it lasted was also 7 seconds. Good for larger maps but not very useful in mlg gametypes.

Armor Abilities: Promethean Vision - allows you to see through walls at a surpringsingly long range. A very powerful armor ability, however the enemy will know when you are scanning with promethean vision.

Hologram - same as in halo reach, sends a hologram of your spartan to run out in a direction to serve as a distraction. Not very effective, people are rarely fooled by it.

Thruster Pack - you only get one burst in a single direction and it gives you a speed boost, moving you a few body lengths away. You don't have the ability to shoot during this, your screen gets blurred for the duration. Useful for dodging things like rockets which would otherwise kill you. Deceptive because it doesn't feel like you travel far with it, but when other people use it you can see they go a decent distance in a short period of time.

Hardlight Shield - spawns a large shield in front of you which blocks all incoming damage for 8 seconds and places you in a 3rd person view. The shield color changes based on how close to the end of the duration of the shield you are (turns red indicating you only have a few seconds left). It causes you to move slow, and this shield can not be taken down by incoming damage to it.

Weapons: Scattershot - comes with 5 shots per clip, is highly effective at close range similar to a shotgun, and you can bounce the bullets off objects or walls to potentially get kills you wouldn't otherwise get. 6 buckshots come out of it per bullet.

Spartan Laser - same in effectiveness to previous halos, however is now on a longer charge, duration being 3 seconds. Great for killing vehicles but is no longer useful in 1v1 situations, such as against someone that is shooting at you with a battle rifle (you will die before the laser goes off).

DMR - has a spread the further the range however it isn't that bad; it is still possible to sink headshots with it at a long range even if you spam your shots, which wasn't possible in halo reach.

Carbine - very strong, serves the same purpose as the DMR.

• Like 1

Well this alleviates my suspicion about walshy and bravo being bribed by 343 to do nothing but talk up Halo 4.

I had literally just copy pasted the link to post it on here.. ya beat me to it. And I was also thinking the same thing about them talking up Halo 4 haha. I sorta wish they would share the opinions of those who didn't like it and why they didnt. I'm trying my best to stay positive about Halo 4 because i hope it revives Halo back to the Halo CE / Halo 2 / Halo 3 days, although the fact that there are others who flat out didn't like it makes me a little concerned. Also doesn't help that Walshy said how it's "promising" as opposed to him flat out liking it. We shall see..