Possibilities of the Crawler and Watcher

Ardent Prayer

READ THIS FIRST: These are the possiblities and own thoughts of what the Watcher and Crawler can do. They are not official facts.

Hello all,

Well we all now know of the Crawler and the Watcher. Ever since their leaked photo, people have been wondering what they are and what they do. IWhat I am about to put are MY OWN POSSIBILTIES of these new entities.

Crawler: If you think about it, you can imagine if these were like Elites, like you know, come in groups of 2 or 3. They look like they glow too. Yes? They almost look like they explode upon death. They also look not fast nor slow speeds put at least at an Elite's speed, or, they charge at you and explode on close contact. Like Kamikaze Grunts. ^^. Post your own opinion of the Crawler below.

Watcher: It looks like a sentinal. A blue one at that. If you look closely at any of the pics, it seems to have a wierd creature on it. Maybe it is attached to the entity itself. It looks very small, almost that it comes in swarms when it attacks like the regular sentinals. They probably have shielding themselves and like the Sentinals, they crash when damaged enough and explode on impact. Also, it looks to have a yellowish light in the middle of it. Is this a new possible weapon to be picked up after it's death? Post your opinions of the Watcher.

Also, do you think that the War Sphynx is to be in the game? I hope. :))

"Enjoy the .gif's below!"

READ: THIS IS AN UPDATED VERSION OF THIS TOPIC THAT NOW RELEASES OFFICIAL FACTS OF THESE ENTITIES.

H4-Crawler.png

This is the Crawler. They come in packs just like the Flood Infection Forms. They explode upon death and fire beams from the front of their body.

H4-Watcher.png

This is the Watcher. Capable of healing or augmenting allies. THEY DO fire lasers from themselves and they can catch ordanance from the player, so don't be chucking stickies at this bad boy.

H4-Knight.png

This is the Forerunner Promethean Knights. They are very strong, fully weaponized, and different than other Forerunner Warrior Servants from older ages. They have the crawler and the watcher supporting them so don't fight these guys like normal elites...they are way stronger than you think. They also come with shields.

post-12152-0-08375500-1337740192.gif

post-12152-0-56054800-1337740201.gif

I think the crawler looks kind of like a lambent wretch from Gears of War. Most likely it will be speedy and might jump off of walls or climb the walls at the very least. Probably a stealthy preadator.

The watcher on the other hand... looks like a monitor fused with a fairy (like the little floaty ones not the sexuality reference). They might be like the engineers or, like you said, like the sentinels.

• Like 1

Some people say these are precursors. Given that the precursors are actually flood (and the flood are not actually inherently evil), I'd assume that it is not the flood. Also just look at them. Do they really look like flood? If they ARE the flood, the flood would ignore us unless humanity did something to piss off the flood like be evil. They should just leave us alone now. However in the primordial series, 343 guilty spark said he knew where the librarian was. Clearly there was some sort of forunner artifact on the chest plate of the blue winged thing. Given that chief is headed into a dyson sphere (that’s the weird purpley glowy thing in the trailer), a logical guess would be that something is within it that the forerunner wanted to contain. Possibly of forerunner origin, though I doubt it. 343 industries says that this will be WORSE than the flood, so if the forerunner had this new enemy contained, why couldn't they use it to kill the flood? I'm guessing an ancient species which the flood deemed unworthy to uphold the mantle, but the flood did not want to destroy. Alternatively it was too powerful for the flood to handle, so they locked it in a dyson sphere. That is my best guess given the information I have now, and the fact that the flood, despite claiming that its ultimate goals are noble, is quite willing to commit genocide upon an entire species. It is a species even the flood could not defeat. If this is correct, the life form is using forerunner technology, due to the thing on its chest plate.

Alternate possibility- There is a forerunner artifact on the new enemy’s chest, suggesting forunner origin. We know the librarian would be involved, and considering her influence and intelligence, it wouldn’t be hard to imagine that she had her own dyson sphere and sun within for energy. This would also explain how she survived this long. The librarian, aka, “the Lifeshaper” may well have made some combat based cyborg life form. It’s not impossible that she over the course of thousands of years developed something so intelligent and powerful it actually defeated her. So, new enemy is likely forerunner based, capable of defeating forerunner technology, and very smart.

Also take into account the idea that the librarian is in control and has sicked these things on us because she is pissed at us for some reason. Reasons could include insanity, us killing the flood, us destroying halo rings, us killing guilty spark, etc.

• Like 2

Some people say these are precursors. Given that the precursors are actually flood (and the flood are not actually inherently evil), I'd assume that it is not the flood. Also just look at them. Do they really look like flood? If they ARE the flood, the flood would ignore us unless humanity did something to piss off the flood like be evil. They should just leave us alone now. However in the primordial series, 343 guilty spark said he knew where the librarian was. Clearly there was some sort of forunner artifact on the chest plate of the blue winged thing. Given that chief is headed into a dyson sphere (that’s the weird purpley glowy thing in the trailer), a logical guess would be that something is within it that the forerunner wanted to contain. Possibly of forerunner origin, though I doubt it. 343 industries says that this will be WORSE than the flood, so if the forerunner had this new enemy contained, why couldn't they use it to kill the flood? I'm guessing an ancient species which the flood deemed unworthy to uphold the mantle, but the flood did not want to destroy. Alternatively it was too powerful for the flood to handle, so they locked it in a dyson sphere. That is my best guess given the information I have now, and the fact that the flood, despite claiming that its ultimate goals are noble, is quite willing to commit genocide upon an entire species. It is a species even the flood could not defeat. If this is correct, the life form is using forerunner technology, due to the thing on its chest plate.

Alternate possibility- There is a forerunner artifact on the new enemy’s chest, suggesting forunner origin. We know the librarian would be involved, and considering her influence and intelligence, it wouldn’t be hard to imagine that she had her own dyson sphere and sun within for energy. This would also explain how she survived this long. The librarian, aka, “the Lifeshaper” may well have made some combat based cyborg life form. It’s not impossible that she over the course of thousands of years developed something so intelligent and powerful it actually defeated her. So, new enemy is likely forerunner based, capable of defeating forerunner technology, and very smart.

Also take into account the idea that the librarian is in control and has sicked these things on us because she is pissed at us for some reason. Reasons could include insanity, us killing the flood, us destroying halo rings, us killing guilty spark, etc.

i really just want to be against Prometheans. and later on, like in halo 6, fight the precursors.

having a new list of enemys is probably what i think will help this game feel new. hopefully 343 can take these gimmicks from multiplayer and make them useful on a casual and competetive side. Halo needs all of its community back if it only gets one side or the other it will continue to die :(

I think the crawler is going to be very formidable, the first thing that comes to mind when i see it is sabertooth, without the teeth, and im not sure where its giving people the impression of exploding but i actually think i would be disappointed if it were to explode, explosions usually dont take much to cause and these crawlers give me the feel they will put up a gritty battle, gritty battles dont lead to explosions they lead to damage to the victor and lifeless foe's on the floor. I too am guilty of focusing much more on the crawler than the watcher, its just the name "watcher" and its form doesnt excite me as much as the Crawler, but, the fact this is on the box instead of something else tells me its going to most likely be a prominent part of halo 4