What we want from 343

Dominator

I don't understand why people hate AA's so much

Well you dont know what real halo is then. AA's ruined what made halo epic. I dont get how people like you can say AA's should stay. Its ridiculous that AA's even made it into the game. Please 343, don't listen to these noobs/kids; halos future should be directed by true halo fans, not people converting over from other games with no respect for what halo is. I really love the halo I know (1,2, and 3) but as for the people wanting 343 to keep heading in the direction reach was going(AA's and poor jump height etc.) yall can F*** off, I will not allow you idiots to ruin the future of halo. Enough said

Well you dont know what real halo is then. AA's ruined what made halo epic. I dont get how people like you can say AA's should stay. Its ridiculous that AA's even made it into the game. Please 343, don't listen to these noobs/kids; halos future should be directed by true halo fans, not people converting over from other games with no respect for what halo is. I really love the halo I know (1,2, and 3) but as for the people wanting 343 to keep heading in the direction reach was going(AA's and poor jump height etc.) yall can F*** off, I will not allow you idiots to ruin the future of halo. Enough said

Ya know, you don't just sit there and say stuff like that, you wanna know a true halo fan? Its someone who loves all the halo games (except for Wars and ODST) for the experiences that it gave them and wants better for the Halo universe. So how dare you say I don't know true halo, Ive been playing for 6 years almost 7. I know the ins and outs of halo and yes Bungie made mistakes, but 343 is trying to fix them. What I dont understand is why people like YOU ***** about AA's, when I meant I like 2 of them and the idea of them. You should really ask someone what they meant rather then spout out B.S like a little 12 year old. I like the idea of AA's and want 343 to adapt and make it better. I LIKE Sprint and Evade, I DONT like Armor lock, hologram, drop shield or jetpack. Sprint and evade make sense. I just want it as a control not a ability you choose and can only have 1 to use. If its a control then you can run and do other stuff too. So next time think before you speak.

Ya know, you don't just sit there and say stuff like that, you wanna know a true halo fan? Its someone who loves all the halo games (except for Wars and ODST) for the experiences that it gave them and wants better for the Halo universe. So how dare you say I don't know true halo, Ive been playing for 6 years almost 7. I know the ins and outs of halo and yes Bungie made mistakes, but 343 is trying to fix them. What I dont understand is why people like YOU ***** about AA's, when I meant I like 2 of them and the idea of them. You should really ask someone what they meant rather then spout out B.S like a little 12 year old. I like the idea of AA's and want 343 to adapt and make it better. I LIKE Sprint and Evade, I DONT like Armor lock, hologram, drop shield or jetpack. Sprint and evade make sense. I just want it as a control not a ability you choose and can only have 1 to use. If its a control then you can run and do other stuff too. So next time think before you speak.

Well to start ill say whatever I want, maybe you should elaborate on your posts the first time. You said I dont see why people hate AA's and I told you why I hate them and what they did to the feel of halo IMO. Dont get offended, im just stating the opinion of most of my friends and myself. I dont mind sprint myself, but others MUST go. The jetpack is the main culprit, have you ever played a full team where every one uses jetpacks? It doesn't even feel like I'm playing halo at all. AA's are the main problem but I could go on and on about problems with the last halo installment (reach). We just want Halo 4 GAMEPLAY(multiplayer) to be nothing like reach, I dont mind 343 implementing the few good things reach had like challenges, file share search, firefight and so forth. We could live with sprint but 343 WILL lose a majority of halo fans if Halo 4 has AA's like reach and no one wants that.

Well to start ill say whatever I want, maybe you should elaborate on your posts the first time. You said I dont see why people hate AA's and I told you why I hate them and what they did to the feel of halo IMO. Dont get offended, im just stating the opinion of most of my friends and myself. I dont mind sprint myself, but others MUST go. The jetpack is the main culprit, have you ever played a full team where every one uses jetpacks? It doesn't even feel like I'm playing halo at all. AA's are the main problem but I could go on and on about problems with the last halo installment (reach). We just want Halo 4 GAMEPLAY(multiplayer) to be nothing like reach, I dont mind 343 implementing the few good things reach had like challenges, file share search, firefight and so forth. We could live with sprint but 343 WILL lose a majority of halo fans if Halo 4 has AA's like reach and no one wants that.

Yeah, I got ya, but its not really jetpack that is the problem, its Armor Lock. People spam that like crazy, just cause they don't have any skill. Halo 4 should't be anything like Reach except for the fact it might have similar weapon types and that its a FPS. Other then that, Halo Reach was made in like a year or 2, Halo 4 has been in production for like 3 years and will be 4 coming next year. So its got a lot more time put into it then Reach did. So no worries on that. I just hope the campaign is amazing. I wan't it to be legitimately long, and the multiplayer to be the best FPS multiplayer ever.

Yeah, I got ya, but its not really jetpack that is the problem, its Armor Lock. People spam that like crazy, just cause they don't have any skill. Halo 4 should't be anything like Reach except for the fact it might have similar weapon types and that its a FPS. Other then that, Halo Reach was made in like a year or 2, Halo 4 has been in production for like 3 years and will be 4 coming next year. So its got a lot more time put into it then Reach did. So no worries on that. I just hope the campaign is amazing. I wan't it to be legitimately long, and the multiplayer to be the best FPS multiplayer ever.

Agreed, armor lock sux too(they all do really). I feel good about 343 tho, we will know when H4 beta comes. Can't wait!

• Like 1

OOOORAH! to that! haha I hate this new fanbase of idiotic pre teens

I couldn't have said it any better man. I wish they could enforce age limit on these mature games. Thanks parents of teens, lets buy our kids a shoot em up game with xbox live capability so our kids can talk **** and feel like they are grown. Lol whatever, I do enjoy tea bagging a whiny kid.

They should take the online credit limit off cause i just got my weekly of 25343 and it only gave me 10000 credits. fml

They can't do that, because there are challenges you can complete (like kill 200 enemies in any game mode on reach for 2500) and they can boost that so that they keep racking up credits. Thats why the limit was put on, because people kept on boosting and reaching to high ranks and getting armor and stuff. I know a guy thats now a Field Marshal when he is really only a legit Warrant Officer. Maybe they could atleast raise the limit to maybe 200k or 250k. But taking it off would suck for all of the legit players out there like me, who think the same way.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been playing since Halo started. I agree with some of what has been said. The armor abilities need to be revamped. Plain and simple. And all these little pre-teen noobs that are the new fanbase...suck, and they just say stupid, random crap all of the time. Thats what the mute button is for, i know, but still, its annoying. We who have been playing since the beginning know what its all about and are the true fans. NO customization of weapons or vehicles. This isnt friggen CoD. Its HALO. THE revolutionary FPS of the decade, of our GENERATION. All i ask is the 343 do right by us and we will do right by them. I cant wait for the H4 beta, then we will see how 343 is gonna do, and if they aint doing it right...we can help them get on track.

OORAH! Feet-first into hell = feet-first into glory

My ideas for Halo (really my and my favorite ideas) PLEASE READ, I know its long, BUT DO IT! biggrin.gif

Full Effect Invasion:

This is a list of the ideas I belive wold make a gametype so god that COD will be blown off its throne. Please ass your own ideas, even iff you think its too crazy too work. Halo was made through ideas thought to be the same.Too crazy to work. But they did...

1. Have maps that span both space and land.If I am needed to attack a cruser to save my objective, I can grab a pelican and some buddys and overload its engines.Or if my job is to defend it until it can glass the objective, that can happen. Add drop pods as well.

2. Two sided winning. If there is a ship attacking let the defenders attack it andtake it out and reversing the fight. But give the attackers one last chancrtoturn battle around.This would cause an unparelled realizm to the combat, as if it was happening.

3. AI integreated gamplay. This would let you have such a huge map without lag and it would add a better effect to it. I would love fighting with hunters and ODST online. This would hopefully be the thing that lets you put in phantoms, pelicans, scarbs and everything else.

4.Realistic objectives. Add in things that would happen in the halo universe. Forerunner objectives, such as shield barriers like the ones in Halo 3's mission "The Covenant". Ships like Forward Unto Dawn, of realistic saze and interactions. Let the Covenant use glassing beams and the UNSC use MAC cannons to distroy objectives. If I have to press a button to activate something in campagin, shouldn't I do it online? I press RB and my character moves his/her hand and presses it. Thats all I can think of. in this catigory. Pkease add on.

5.Custom Maps for this gametype need to be ground up, like in custom edition. Have things such as a cruser in the spawning index. Let it be some be senery, to make it look likea fleet, and others be realistic and have full acsess, as if it was realy there.Let players be able to make anything that was seen in the campaigns. If I want to recreate the mission "The Ark" pebble for pebble ans have the same interations (the

Dawn coming from space for example) I could, but with online play.Make the building and moving doors be apart of the spawn index. I recommend using different section to store everything in, so I can find theoption to spawn it in the "forerunner buildings" section. Please no budget, Its too hard to add deatils with limited Budget. Players have always said that the maps madein custom edition were the best in existance.

6.Lighting, weather and nature. If I want a that is in the night, I can do it. Also let the weather effect combat. (wind that effects sniping, but the SCOUT armor varient can tell you where to shoot.) If the SPARTAN program was real the armor woud tell the soilder EVERYTHING about his enviroment. Plus, random indigios animals would add more realism to the battlefield.If possable add in waves,storms and lightning that can kill you, but hardly ever have it happen.

7. Highly interactive maps. If Iwanto place a bomb behind me in the ship to take out a few enemys, I can ram it into the wall. If I want to jam a door until it is distroyed I can shoot the control panel. If I wat to make a barrrier I can. PS, make most parts of a map destroyable that way a bomb going off will behave realisticly and if its in the wall next to space, stuff ( including plays and AI) will get sucked into space.But put in emergency doors that close,so not everything gets distroyed. Also have hidden air ducts so you can sneak to the objective.

That all I can think of. Please Add on to this thank you and God Bless America

BraverKING514

(If you people reading this agree with me, then Email this to 343, please, for the sake :idea: of Halo, do it.)

if you are reading this, put this in your game! DO NOT FALL INTO THE TRAP BUNGIE DID! I've checked and these are the most popular ideas that the fans want to see in your games. I understand that some might not be possilbe, but that is what made Halo great to begin with. It took the idea of a video and redefined it. It made everyone who played it go "holy ****" and other game companies cry like little babys. Halo was the top dog, the one to beat. Bungie made the mistake of not continually changing the idea ofa video game, exept in the storyline, and so they abandonded what made Halo so great. Please,for the sake of the millions of Halo fans, keep the Halo 1 mentality. Blow the game outof perportion! Place these and what else you think of into your game and Halo shalretake its old title, wher if you arn't obbsessed with it you will look like a dumba**.

1. Put all of the campagin things into the online on huge maps. Pelicans, Phantoms, Scrabs, AA Wraths, Ect.

2. Put in armor that needs only achements (make a few hard like Hyabusa in Halo 3). Also have some that need cr and achements or cr and rank.

3. Have each armor piece effect you. EOD protects against explosions, but slows you down. CQB protects against shotguns and improves energy sword deflects. Make the knife an attachment that improves hand to hand (and assassinations). Also, many people want custom armor.( don't know how that would work, but it would be sweet and I'm sure that 343 can do it.)

4. Forgable Firefight maps. Taking custom games to a whole new level.

5. Flood AI gametype. Somthing to make COD shove "Zombies" up its... you get the point. Also make it possable to win, hard but beatable.

6. Ground up forging. You can choose the terrain bulidings/ships (people want online space battles, connected to the ground if possible.) Thes style should be custom as well. (Covanant, Human, Flood, Forerunner and whatever else you guys have in store.)This includes firefight. It would be amazing to havea grunt filled Rupe Goldburg machine.

7.AI integrated online play. For example, take Invasion, add AI's to both sides ( hunters, grunts, brutes, marines, ODST's, everything)aqnd let them be able to pick up objectives (bombs, Data cores, Ect.) and fullfill them like a player would.

8.First person options for vehicles. (I've always wondered what splatered grunt juice looks like on your visor)

9. Weapon inprovements. (supressors, sights that allow for headshots onguns such as the AR, and other thing that you can think of.)

10. Custom Campagin. Let custom maps have theatrics and campain stlye objective the cam be limked so players can make their own story.

11. Larger maps will need larger teams. My friends have sugested 24-32 players. Even more if you decide to link air and land battles.

12. In field weapon and vehicle customization/improvements. Also ground up vehicles in forge would be a god send.

13. 1st Person Presentaion. Halo's stroy is the best I've yet seen. If you keep the actions the Cheif does in first person, this little touch will add a lot of epic effect to it. To bring back Halo you must blow Battlefield 3 out of the water. Remember, they have only Earth. You have an ENTIRE galaxy AND the Forerunners! With a different graphics engine and better presentaion of cinimatics you will have spawned a game that truly gives justice to the Halo franchiseand will leavean ipression on the hearts of millions.

14. have destroyable bulidings and ships. That way, if I want to make an assult map that has its target in a buliding, so when the bomb goes it collapses on itself, it can happen. (Make this an OPTION, that way you can have both!)

15. Improve the music!!! Halo 3 and Halo3 ODST's music sent chills down my spine. Reach's not so much, many other others agree. (Are you going to get Martin O'Donall and Salvitorie (forgot his name) to make the music again? I think they're the best pair sence Cheif and Cortona.

I hope you find this advice helpful, for I've worked many hours finding this information out. I do pray you use it and get Halo back on its feet.

I'm very surprised that no one hasn't said "tl;dr" yet. Anyway I agree with everything you said.

Bungie passed the torch down to 343 Industries, and so far 343 is doing a great job they're listening to the fans and they're giving us what we want and, giving us the games we want in alot of ways 343 and bungie are connected becuase iv'e heard from many sources that people from bungie have left there to go work at 343, hence why they're so similar aside from the whole passing of the torch, i think that 343 will contiune to provide the fans with Halo and years of it.