My Crazy Awesome Weapon Idea

Jestermeister

21 members have voted

1. 1. Does this sound like a good idea?

I was thinking, to mix up multiplayer/the game, and a new level of customisation, bring in alternate weapons.

An alternate weapon being a remake of another weapon, with different stats.

Say, a Sniper Rifle. It's alternate could instead of having 4 shots, have 6. Where it might take 3 body shots to kill someone, or 2 headshots.

Or with the assault rifle. It might have a lower rate of fire and less accuracy but it could be more powerful.

You get the point.

And using this method, you could choose a preference for which weapon you would use for loadouts. . So, you can choose the default assault rifle, or the alternate assault rifle, for your loadout.

But these alternate weapons could be unlocked after obtaining a certain rank, to mix it up some more. To have more incentive to play and rank.

*Please note*: In no way would these be overpowered weapons. Just a new approach to the way weapons work.

unlocking more powerful weapons when you hit a certain rank would in my opinion just encourage boosting even more, so casual or average players would get put off by boosters with overpowered weapons.

The community wont grow if new players dont join the Halo experience, and more boosters we dont need.

Last thing Halo needs is more overpowered weapons.

unlocking more powerful weapons when you hit a certain rank would in my opinion just encourage boosting even more, so casual or average players would get put off by boosters with overpowered weapons.

The community wont grow if new players dont join the Halo experience, and more boosters we dont need.

yea, no more please! Haha!

Jester I like throwing out new ideas as well, but this one I can not get behind in any way, sorry. This is Halo, not COD, and it does not need to take from any other game, it is the game. Putting these "customized" weapons in the game is so far away from the original Halo line. The human weapons a Spartan uses are based on actual weapons in the real world, it is an inherent part of the game. Maybe if there is some Forerunner weapon that has this quality in the story line or campaign I could see it. Don't feel bad, no one went for my "Spudgun" idea, lol!

i personally kind of like this idea, except its not halo, I just wish a new 3rd party halo game would come out, based on gray team or something, to incorporate all of these crazy awesome ideas people have, wait that's IT!!! oh never mind i don't have any video game producing equipment. Shucks ;)

Great, but yes, and no, at the same time. but for me I would say nice idea and its great for a more tactical aproach, but dont do it because it is going to become the next COD game, nothing is wrong with that but I hate too much variety of choices, lets just narrow it up

It wouldnt be an overpowered weapon, just a different way to use the weapon. Add a new sort of strategy/knowing to playing.

I never specifically said "they will be more powerful", just a new addition to add some different experiences.

No your not thinking about it. That would encourage people to boost and camp to get to a higher rank. It's incredibly pointless and would cause NOTHING but problems.

Jester I like throwing out new ideas as well, but this one I can not get behind in any way, sorry. This is Halo, not COD, and it does not need to take from any other game, it is the game. Putting these "customized" weapons in the game is so far away from the original Halo line. The human weapons a Spartan uses are based on actual weapons in the real world, it is an inherent part of the game. Maybe if there is some Forerunner weapon that has this quality in the story line or campaign I could see it. Don't feel bad, no one went for my "Spudgun" idea, lol!

Hold it right there dog, nobody said anything about a spudgun??? That is making me laugh so hard imaging MC potato in one hand gun in the other. Running around a planet ROFL

• Like 1

I for one LOVE this idea, there is nothing wrong with having a larger database of weapons with slight tweaks - One slightly stronger than with a slower ROF a smaller magazine and bigger bloom while the other could have a higher ROF with a larger magazine but does less damage per bullet with a smaller bloom. IMO Custom games and forge becomes that much better =D because you could play certain types of weapons on maps and leave out others; etc. Slower shooting ARs on smaller maps and faster shooting ARs for bigger maps.

You Like? I do =D

I was thinking, to mix up multiplayer/the game, and a new level of customisation, bring in alternate weapons.

An alternate weapon being a remake of another weapon, with different stats.

Say, a Sniper Rifle. It's alternate could instead of having 4 shots, have 6. Where it might take 3 body shots to kill someone, or 2 headshots.

Or with the assault rifle. It might have a lower rate of fire and less accuracy but it could be more powerful.

You get the point.

And using this method, you could choose a preference for which weapon you would use for loadouts. . So, you can choose the default assault rifle, or the alternate assault rifle, for your loadout.

But these alternate weapons could be unlocked after obtaining a certain rank, to mix it up some more. To have more incentive to play and rank.

*Please note*: In no way would these be overpowered weapons. Just a new approach to the way weapons work.

Just have different varients of each weapons. The US uses several different submachine guns, assult and sniper rifles. So shouldn't the UNSC and the covenant. Same thing goes for viehicles.

• 9 months later...

Personally, I like the idea, but I also think that it would be incredibly difficult to fit into Halo's gameplay.

No, I'm not going to be comparing Halo to CoD. Whether this is too similar to another franchise is entirely beyond the point, and to be perfectly honest I couldn't care less if it were done well.

Perhaps instead of having say 10 different guns in one category, there could be 3-4. This way you still get to choose from personal prefrence, but you also keep the number of variables low. This would be closer to Gears of War than anything else. Gears 3 has three different assault rifles: one ideal for close range, one for middle range, and one for long range. This is how it should be in my mind. I like your sniper rifle example, though in the case of Halo it may not work as you planned, but because your example was just for the sake of argument I won't really criticize.

One thing I can't stand from the Halo community is a fear of change. Everyone seems to want 343i to step BACK: Remake Halo 2, give it a different story and fancy new graphics, call it "Halo 4" and ship it out to an overly-nostalgic fanbase. I'm sorry, but that's not going to be a reality.