My report of Spartan Ops.

The Director

Alright, so first, Spartan Ops is a placeholder name until they find something more suitable to name it. They really could have dodged a bullet by finding a better codename for it though, huh? xD

How it works:

Spartan Ops will work much in the same way that Weekly Challenges do for Halo Reach. Their reward will be similarly classed as well. Every week, a new Spartan Op will be released.

Spartan Ops will follow a storyline. They will be a mini-campaign that will have a new story every week. Spartan Ops will allow you to watch your spartan evolve in the story, and still let you make customizations and whatnot that may effect the dialogue in the story. How in depth the story will be has not yet been revealed, but we've been assured that it won't be just a guy saying "Defend this zone spartan" as you are fighting enemies.

Similarities to Spec Ops:

The only similarities I've seen is that they are not part of the campaign of the game and their names. Other than that, they are completely different. Spec Ops was a game mode that people could play if they got bored, and had little or no impact on the overall game itself. Spartan Ops, on the other hand, you get rewarded for playing (more so than an average Matchmaking game) and has a storyline to it.

Things we do not yet know:

What the missions for Spartan Ops will be, what the storyline will be, how many players can do a spartan op together (it's been revealed as a cooperative mode, just not how many can cooperate), and what the final name will be.

For more information, please see the Gameinformer interview here. http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/04/18/spartan-ops-the-bold-new-co-op-of-halo-4.aspx

• Like 6

I agree. Spartan ops sound basically like a second campain. Really cool.

That's how it's going to play like, but on a week to week basis :D

sounds interesting, as long as it isn't like challenges and stuff, we are good. :D

It won't be like challenges, but it probably will be challenging.

Yeah and there is a rumoured Elite ops , which could be very interesting.

I saw Frankie say something about Elite Ops but it may have just been a mind slip. I'll let you know if it gets confirmed.

Thankyou sir :)

You are welcome :)