The original "strength" of CE

In our first time we popped in halo CE we selected campaign it asked easy, normal, heroic, or legendary? Now idk about you but i decided...why not see what legendary is all about. And the second the pistol was placed in my hand i had high hopes. But the second i walked into the room after the first four grunts did i get a small taste of my beatdown. i laughed and said WOW! that was rough. it was only until trying to get through the silent cartogropher (sorry my spelling sucks x.x) did i realize i screwed myself over. When playing H2, and 3 on legendary i didnt feel that same strength in the covenant. When i go back to play CE i feel that frustration but relief and remember that this is how halo should feel.

So tell me? Are you hoping for that endless beatdown of the covie foes? or do you like the fact that when you play co-op on the campaign your grandma gets a higher score then you?

I wrote a piece under the Halo 4 forum "Since we have time" and was remembering similar feelings. I admit I did not start on Legendary, I had already played some customs with my nephews and had my "you know what" handed to me. I really liked that once you got used to the campaign you did feel invincible and that only poor judgement or planning cost you your life. That campaign play, which I must have played through at least 15 to 20 times, is what really game me the skills to play heads up against others.

i hope thier installing the strength that made it that way... man in a little bit im about to go boot up the 360 and shove my CE disk in and play a little bit

I forget the name, but go to the part where you exit the cave in a Scorpion and acquire a sniper and pop heads from a mile away! Man I love that part.

I forget the name, but go to the part where you exit the cave in a Scorpion and acquire a sniper and pop heads from a mile away! Man I love that part.

OH YEA! I love that part! I just did silent cartogropher (HTF its spelt) on heroic and had my blam handed to me and once i completed the level i thought to myself "This is how halo should be. You know i remember your post on AA's and your right. I forgot what halo was all about. starting on equal plane and grabbing the advantage. granted during campaign that wasnt the issue. it was starting look Kicking BLAM and taking names. 343 better not let us down on CEA.