life with no evade.

fergernator

Actually both COnvenant and UNSC used evade from the very beginning. Since Halo 1, all AI characters evaded nades and shots via a "leep" or "dive". All they did was give the player the ability to do the same. It is NOT un-spartany or overpowered. We don't go saying AI that evade nades and get right up close and pummel us to death, are using an overpowered tactic do we? SO why is it so wrong when an enemy player does it? No really, that's a question.... Why is it OK for AI to do it, but not other players. Please clarify the reason behind it please.

• Like 1

its too overpowered on most maps and against other people, just about to kill a guy "LOL EVADE AWAY GET POWER WEAPON SNIPE IN THE FACE."

Again ,overpowered.

then y dont you use evade instead of something that makes you slow? i find people with swords and shotguns and evade my prime target to ninja and i do it quite well. besides they can do it twice a tehn wait 4 seconds for it to regen, 4 seconds it takes for you to kill him. how is that a problem?

Actually both COnvenant and UNSC used evade from the very beginning. Since Halo 1, all AI characters evaded nades and shots via a "leep" or "dive". All they did was give the player the ability to do the same. It is NOT un-spartany or overpowered. We don't go saying AI that evade nades and get right up close and pummel us to death, are using an overpowered tactic do we? SO why is it so wrong when an enemy player does it? No really, that's a question.... Why is it OK for AI to do it, but not other players. Please clarify the reason behind it please.

exACTly, evade makes it more fun and prevents noobs from getting kills with nades all the friggin time. evade was an anti-noob AA, it dodges their nades, when they run up from 100 feet away to pummel, avoids rockets, snipers, and makes people better at the game. how is that bad?

I don't Mind evade, but when everyone starts doing it, makes the game all messed up lol..

but thats what makes it interesting...

its too overpowered on most maps and against other people, just about to kill a guy "LOL EVADE AWAY GET POWER WEAPON SNIPE IN THE FACE."

Again ,overpowered.

well kill him faster, or evade up to him to screw up his shot and kill him. dont be so helpless when it comes to a guy who knows what he is doing.

It's annoying as f***, that's a doubtful reason but it wasn't made for spartan use, so that could be the reason. Either way I'm glad it's gone, though I hardly ever used it so I didn't pay much attention to it in the first place.

is it cuz your nades dont kill as often? ur aim sucks? what? just go play team slayer and you'll be fine.

It was originally aqquired from elites - and like Azaxx said it's un-spartan.

so a little things on your back tells you what your power up is? like twinreaper said. "Since Halo 1, all AI characters evaded nades and shots via a "leep" or "dive". All they did was give the player the ability to do the same. It is NOT un-spartany or overpowered."

its un-spartany?

i need a better one...

Edited by Vitamin PWN
Merged multiple posts in to one

I think they could have made evade have a slightly shorter range. I haven't tested side by sides with an elite yet but it would also make sense for Spartans to go less far. My reason for why the dispute over AI making use of it is valid is that they can't use it to the same effectiveness as a Spartan can whether it be distance or strategy, in matchmaking this leads to a very limited range of flexibility if you are trying to play seriously and strategically overcome this. I don't exactly mind it because it isn't a fundamentally flawed idea (ahem armor lock) but shortening the range or lengthening cooldown or allowing for only one evade to be used between cooldown would be useful in balancing it.

This is exactly why AA's need more customizable features in the game options menu, just those would be enough.

i need a better one...

Fergemator, edit your original posts or combine your quotes and remarks into one next time. This can get you in trouble with moderators.

I think they could have made evade have a slightly shorter range. I haven't tested side by sides with an elite yet but it would also make sense for Spartans to go less far. My reason for why the dispute over AI making use of it is valid is that they can't use it to the same effectiveness as a Spartan can whether it be distance or strategy, in matchmaking this leads to a very limited range of flexibility if you are trying to play seriously and strategically overcome this. I don't exactly mind it because it isn't a fundamentally flawed idea (ahem armor lock) but shortening the range or lengthening cooldown or allowing for only one evade to be used between cooldown would be useful in balancing it.

This is exactly why AA's need more customizable features in the game options menu, just those would be enough.

Fergemator, edit your original posts or combine your quotes and remarks into one next time. This can get you in trouble with moderators.

different peope have di

differnet people have different comments, one answer dosent fit all. i like to make one response for one quote. besides, its my forum and i can do what i want with it.

is it cuz your nades dont kill as often? ur aim sucks? what? just go play team slayer and you'll be fine.

Terrible advise and no my aim is fine most of the time, it's rather the fact it's annoying trying to shoot someone who's coming at you at a high speed, especially when you spend a good few second shooting an enemy from a distance and he evades behind cover. It's got nothing to do with aiming or skill in general, it's more of a question about relevance. Evade is pointless, it gets in the way and has no purpose (Fact).

differnet people have different comments, one answer dosent fit all. i like to make one response for one quote. besides, its my forum and i can do what i want with it.

I meant just put all of your quotes and responses into one post, that's all, be careful out there.

Terrible advise and no my aim is fine most of the time, it's rather the fact it's annoying trying to shoot someone who's coming at you at a high speed, especially when you spend a good few second shooting an enemy from a distance and he evades behind cover. It's got nothing to do with aiming or skill in general, it's more of a question about relevance. Evade is pointless, it gets in the way and has no purpose (Fact).

Exactly, you have never played Shock so you dont know how he plays so dont make judgements like that. Also i like evade, BUT i HATE it on the Vanilla Living Dead on maps like the Cage :realmad:

evade is so noobs with 0.6 cant just throw nades and double pummel all the time. it prevents bullS*** like that. i hate being killed by some noob with an assualt rifle and nades everytime they come at me. evade was so bad people will get OUT of the game. bad people dont play as much because 1) they haves an extreme social life so they play 4 games a week 2) are new to the game. if your bad, get good, but 343 is like, if your bad, we will make you pseudo-good. i dont care if its "un-spartany" ITS A FU***** _,.+=^*GAME*^=+.,_ 343, GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK, CALL-OF-DUTY BRAINS YOU DUMB***ES. COD because i heard that halo 4 might be class based like in call of duty, if thats the case then you will lose whats left of the dedicated halo community and become no better than halo wars.