This is all Halo 4 needs to be great.

Esteemed Vitamin

343 Industries, if you're reading this, check this out.

Know what made the banshee in Halo 1 so great? It was the whoosh sound that it made when it turned.

It wasn't in any Halo game after that. Ever.

It was awesome. You would be owning Covenant, and then this huge red dot would appear on your radar, and you would be like, "what the hell is this guy?" Then the, "whooooOOOOOOOOOOOOSH". That's partially why it's called a banshee, right? It sounds scary. It doesn't make that noise in any other Halo game.

Know why the needler was so awesome in Halo 1? The pink explosions. They were in other Halo games, yeah. But they were freaking massive in Halo 1. There was nothing more satisfying than pumping Covenant or Flood full of needles and then hearing the sound of breaking glass. Even better--you could stack up to three explosions at a time on one enemy. In every other Halo game, the needler could only cause up to 1 explosion on a target. That's so boring. And it wasn't even an explosion. The needler explosions in Halo 1 could actually set off nearby grenades.

Also, I really don't like melee lunge. I know a lot of people don't mind it, but it would be awesome if you could include a custom games option for no melee lunge, and instead some slightly increased melee range.

The brute shot. If you do include the brute shot, please make it bounce grenades again. Halo 2 brute shot was the best. I also realize that the grenade launcher and Halo 3/Reach fuel rod gun can bounce projectiles as well, but seriously...I don't think the fuel rod gun needs to be able to bounce fuel rods. It was fine as it was before. If the brute shot isn't in Halo 4, then I can settle for another bouncing explosive weapon. Just not a bouncing fuel rod gun.

That's it. Banshee sound effects, explosive needler, option to toggle melee lunge, and the brute shot (or something like it). You've got a classic Halo game. You don't need anything else. You don't even need multiplayer. Or campaign.

Forgot some things.

Sentinel Enforcers. Those giant sentinels with arms that crush vehicles. They also have giant energy shields, dual needle cannons, and grenade launchers.

Scarabs. Halo 3 scarabs were insane because it was awesome how you had to board them and detonate them, and then escape before they blew up.

So here's the list:

Banshee sound effects.

Explosive needler.

Option to toggle melee lunge.

Sentinel Enforcers.

Scarab battles.

That's all Halo 4 needs.

And I was being sarcastic about not needing a multiplayer or campaign.