1v1 Playlist in Halo 4

Disturbedflea

Back in the H2 early days, 1v1 was the true test of individual skill. Reading your enemies next move, timing weapons, being able to clutch a comeback. Some of the more unbalanced weapons (shotgun, sword, maybe even rockets) somewhat ruined the playlist due to being overpowered when camping an area. With the right settings and maps, 1v1 would be the best proving ground. Please 343, bring this playlist back in H4! (Ranked of course)

• Like 1

thanks for the welcome. I've been a halo player since CE and i just want this game to be another top title. Rival Cod not try to become it. Don't worry about CoD's numbers, worry about making halo 4 a fun, competitive, slightly more skillful FPS. Halo had that crowd, that audience, but they lost intrest when reach was released. Bring back the elements that made halo famous. There was once a time when players could make a living off this game (MLG), that's just one example on how truly successful this franchise was. Now it's numbers have slowly declined and it could possibly be dropped from MLG's competitive circuit. It's really hard for any console game to burst out onto the competitive scene like halo did, that's something to be proud of. Anyway, Halo 4 is a chance at a fresh start, I'm looking forward to it

I have always liked the 1v1 play list idea for the reasons stated. There is always a concern about having enough maps to support the game type, but random MM against other players, I feel, would be very popular. Doubles has long been the best way to show as much individual talent along with the "team" concept. Hopefully the developers have this game type in mind.

Halo 3 attempted this a couple years back. It was eventually taken down because everyone just camped when they took the lead. Bungie did decide to put a waypoint over the leader's head before it was taken down, so he or she couldn't camp but it really ruined the feel of a 1v1. If they can find the right settings I would be all for it but the camping issue really is a big problem.

First off, welcome to the forum.

Myself I never got into 1v1 on Halo, however I used to play it all the time on CoD4, I thought it was a great test of skill and knowledge of the game. I think it would be great to see it implemented, however I think they would need to make sure things like weapon spawns are balanced.

I'm not so sure about this. You'd really need specially-designed small-scale maps in order that they just don't feel oversized and empty, about the size of some of my forge maps. The problem is, that's a lot of work that can't be used for any other gametype, and there's no guarantee that the playlist would be popular enough to justify all that work.

There should definitely be 1v1 playlist in ranked, maybe with specifically designed maps for it. We should still have forge after all (maybe with COLOR!) so its totally feasible.

If you ever go on twitchTV and watch Ninja or any other pro, you can see how much they are challenged to 1v1s. Putting that in MM would allow players to gain important skills and maybe get recognized by pros.