The Offical GRD Discussion Thread

SilentCO1

I made this thread for all people who want to know about the GRD Helmet. If you want to discuss anything about the GRD Helmet, it will go in THIS thread. No spamming these forums because Bungie won't answer your questions, there is one thread about it, and only one, unless an official 343i employee makes one. But that will most likely not happen, so the discussion on the GRD Helmet goes here. Here is some basic info I know.

The GRD (BOB) Helmet was discovered in the Defiant Map Pack. The Defiant Map Pack was created by 343i and Certain Affinaty. The helmet does exist, since it was in screenshots of the maps, but the question is: How Do You Unlock It, and Can You Unlock It? Many people think it is linked to Countdown. There are some signs on several maps, including Unearthed and Countdown, that say GRD and some numbers. This could be the code for what people think is jumping through the holes on Countdown. But, this is what I have to say about it:

Don't even bother trying to unlock it until Halo: CEA comes out. You will be wasting your time. Hackers can't get the helmet, so therefore it's not on the disc at the moment. Many people said they saw it on Bungie Day in Tender Loins Armory. First of all, we have no video proof or even screenshot proof. Plus, Evil Otto said he didn't see it. He wouldn't lie to us, he would just say "I can not say anything on this topic at the moment" or something like that. Therefore, it's not on the disc. It could come with the Title Update, or with the CEA Maps. Don't bother trying to get the helmet until then, but, that's just my opinion.

So, I'm sure all of you are coming from Bungie.net, so you will want to discuss this. This is where you talk about it. Don't flood the forums with threads, this is where you post all of your thoughts/issues/opinions/whatevers on.

Have a Blast.

• Like 1

GUYS IM GANNA CHANGE THIS THREAD AROUND TO BLOW YOUR MINDS GO LOOK AT THE HALO REACH VI DOC FOR FORGEWORLD THE BACK OF THAT HELMET IS JUST LIKE GRD AND LOOKS LIKE NO HELMET BUT GRD AND NOT ONLY THAT THE VIDOC CAME OUT BEFOR HALO REACH WAS HERE. SO IT TELLS ME BUNGIE IS LIE TO US AND EVIL OTTO I HERD HES LIED SO MUSH IS MESSAGES AND COMMENTS AND FUNNY THINK IS HE JUST THE ART WORKER FOR BUNGIE SO HE DONT KNOW SQUAT

GUYS IM GANNA CHANGE THIS THREAD AROUND TO BLOW YOUR MINDS GO LOOK AT THE HALO REACH VI DOC FOR FORGEWORLD THE BACK OF THAT HELMET IS JUST LIKE GRD AND LOOKS LIKE NO HELMET BUT GRD AND NOT ONLY THAT THE VIDOC CAME OUT BEFOR HALO REACH WAS HERE. SO IT TELLS ME BUNGIE IS LIE TO US AND EVIL OTTO I HERD HES LIED SO MUSH IS MESSAGES AND COMMENTS AND FUNNY THINK IS HE JUST THE ART WORKER FOR BUNGIE SO HE DONT KNOW SQUAT

Bingo, can you turn your caps lock off please.

Also gonna pin this topic so hopefully there will not be millions of threads about a helmet that doesnt exist except on the developers server.

Seriously though has anyone actually thought there could be lots of helmets, armour pieces that were cut from the final release as they were deemed not worthy, and are sitting there on the dev server, and might crop up in say a trailer by mistake? Just a thought

• Like 1

Thank you Spectral Jester. And I think the Helmet does exist, i mean it WAS in the trailer. But it's definately not obtainable, at least not at the moment. Hackers would have found it, so it must either not be on the disc or totally un-obtainable. Adding it would require re-coding of the maps and about 9gb of data having to be downloaded, just for a single helmet. Well, I'm not sure if they did it at the same time, if they could add a lot more armor and it still be relatively the same storage size. But some people don't have that space. 343i sees that so they probably won't do that. So I don't think it will ever be unlockable.

I would venture to guess that if any new armors are ever to be added to the armory it would happen through the Halo: CEA disc. I'm guessing it would be something along the lines of how the last Halo 3 maps came on-disc along with the other 2 map packs with ODST. I would imagine that this would be the only way it would be conceivable without an enormous download to recode all of the pre-existing maps. One way or another, new armor is a novel idea, but I don't think it is necessary. Yes, customization is awesome, and yes a Marathon tribute helmet would be cool, but I'd rather shoot stuff than accessorize.

The problem is that they would still have to re-code every map in the game. This would take about 9 GB of space. Some people don't have that or don't want to do it because it's just a helmet. So it probably won't happen. Unless it's un-obtainable like the Blue flames. It's on the disc, but we can't get it yet. Not even hackers can because it's hidden somehow.

I think if anything, it would be the signs on Countdown, Unearthed, and I saw them on one other map, I forget which one. It may have been Sword Base, maybe Boneyard. Or Powerhouse. Idk, I can't remember suddenly. But It has a construction worker with hat, and under it, it says: GRD then a bunch of numbers. I think those might link to it. Or atleast the construction worker hat links to what the GRD helmet was made for. Maybe it's made for building, or to take in a large amount of damage (The helmet on the workers hat, falling and stuff, yeah).

I spent a lot of time in a thread in Bungie looking for a missing armor/helmet Easter Egg. It was the first time I ever got involved in a hunt for one. It was fun! this is the link to the thread, maybe it will spawn some more ideas and show you what was tried.

existing thread in Bungie

The OP made continuous update in his original posts, so what you see there is a culmination of one of the original ideas.

It does exist, and im sure it's prob on the disc or did you guys ever think it was buried in the download you did when you bought the defiant map pack, if you did that is. Besides that, I remember reading two things that point towards it being already unlockable. First off I can't remember what post I saw either of these but I swear I read a post from bs angel saying that she knew how to get it but would get like fired if she told anyone followed by a lol. Secondly I remember a forum topic on b.net where one of the bungie guys like Stosh or Otto or one of them saying we still haven't found even half of all the easter eggs in reach yet. All I remember was that that post was in response to a thread when everyone was trying to find the pelican, which was ruined by a hacker. That leads me to my third and final point. Let's not forget that bungie got really pissed when hackers ruined the IWHBYD skull in Halo 3, and even admitted they meant for that to take at least a year to find legitemetely. Also, they are not giving any hints for that exact reason, they want us to FIND this stuff. They said they buried stuff extra deep in reach to prevent that from happening again. Don't forget as well that hackers had a go at the disk way before bungie gave a clue about flying the pelican, and only after they gave a hint at what the egg was and what level it could be found on did they find it. So because of that dumbass hacker we now will get no more hints from bungie about easter eggs because hackers ruin the fun outta everything. There are still plenty of unsolved mysteries in reach that even hackers haven't been able to figure out there purpose, such as the 4 banshees on the package. Hackers are not as all powerful as you think. So yes it is there you just gotta find it.

• Like 3

whilst your post does make 100% perfect sense, its hard to believe after 10 months its not been found yet, especially if it is unlocked in the game, which would lead me to believe that any armor would more than likely be on the Halo CEA disc

I have a feeling it probably is now. But, it would only be able to be played on that disc, because the download would be really big to do it on Reach.

cant see them making people use there credits to buy it if you can only use it on the classic maps? there would be no point.

could there be anyway the armor could be held centrally like the daily/weekly challenges are? im no teccie so is that even possible? that would explain why hackers/modders couldnt find it on disc.

I have a feeling it probably is now. But, it would only be able to be played on that disc, because the download would be really big to do it on Reach.

But what I don't get is that somebody downloaded the defiant map-pack before the release and it was something like 446MB and then when the actual map-pack was released, it was an extra 250MB (690MB or whatever) so where did the extra 250MB come from because nothing has changed since!