mythical/biblical references in halo

Adam91

ok i posted a comment about his in a different thread but it was the wrong place to post it and i was advised to post it here so this what had caught my attention.

Has any one ever noticed that halo has references to mythical and biblical stories? for example the halo array was built to destroy the flood and the ark is the most important component of the array, the ark and the flood - "noahs ark and the flood", and also the covenant sees the halo array as sacred structures and has a lot of involvement with the halo array and the ark, and that may be a reference to the title of the ancient story "the ark of the covenant" i know that spartans are named after the ancient greek soldiers of sparta but that has been told out in the open in the books its not like a hidden reference, but the two other things have just mentioned seem to be a hidden reference and it seems that it was deliberate rather than a coincidence

It was not missed by me at least. I have seen and heard other references that have some type of religious connotation. We, for the most part, are a religious people. Even those who do not practice any religious endeavors will sometimes use these references because they are relevant and socially understood and used terms. They can draw great emotional feelings and response from our subconscious. I don't feel there is any need to read too much into these references. Just my opinion.

• Like 2

It was not missed by me at least. I have seen and heard other references that have some type of religious connotation. We, for the most part, are a religious people. Even those who do not practice any religious endeavors will sometimes use these references because they are relevant and socially understood and used terms. They can draw great emotional feelings and response from our subconscious. I don't feel there is any need to read too much into these references. Just my opinion.

im not going too deep into it, its just somthing that came across my mind and i wondered if the two things i stated was a connection or just a coincidence

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...