Map: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=CaptainDireWolf#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_CaptainDireWolf_bd2e9f43-27fa-4634-aeb5-24462aafe54c

Gametype:The Elite Four” (Breakout inspired)
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...DireWolf_b4279fce-ae9a-452f-a50b-333fffd4ab35
Map allows for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 (optimal), and up to 8v8 (but the extra 8 are simply observers)

It is my great pleasure to finally introduce you all to my newest map, the Poke’ Playoffs; a grand sequel to the original poke’ battle map made last year. In this mini-game, you are pitted against other trainers in the Poke’ League Championship in your quest for becoming one of the legendary “Elite Four”.

Thumbnail_Large.PNG?sv=2014-02-14&sr=b&s

The Design
Compete in one of four poke’ gyms during your matchups (based on gyms from the old school Gameboy games), including: the Fighting Dojo, Celadon Gym (grassy glade), Cerulean Gym (pool), and Cinnabar Gym (inside a volcano). The winners of each gym battle are thrown into the great poke’ stadium to fight for the glory of their team. After 5 rounds, the winners are declared and the new Elite Four are chosen.

How to Play
The way this works involves a short time frame (10 seconds) where each player has to choose 1 of 3 pokemon to battle with against the other player. Time is marked by a glowing red circle that moves across the large poke’ ball blocker in front of you. If it reaches the other side of the blocker before you choose something, the tournament referees will kill you for stalling the match.

As a side bit of fun, you are given one plasma grenade to throw at a small white platform to your left indicated by a red arrow. This simply gives you the chance to feel like you are actually throwing down a poke ball.

Once 10 seconds passes, the screen in front of you disappears and your poke’ ball will glow as it is opened, revealing you and your competitor’s battle companion. Your pokemon will duke it out with their chosen attack and the winner (based on type) will survive, while the loser gets killed. As this is designed for 4v4, the winners of the respective gyms will be thrown into the arena for a final show down with sniper rifles.

Poke’ strengths and weaknesses:
As this is again based on a simple rock-paper-scissors concept, each “type” of pokemon wins and loses against different types. For the n00bs out there, simply remember the console color on the right kills the console color to its left (and the end console of course loops around). This map employs 4 different gyms, all with different pokemon and types. These include:

The Fighting Dojo
GrassFireWater
Bulbasaur vs. Charmander vs. Squirtle

Celadon Gym
RockGrassIce
Golem vs. Ivysaur vs. Articuno

Cerulean Gym
ElectricGroundWater
Pikachu or Zapdos vs. Dugtrio or Sandshrew vs. Starmie or Staryu

Cinnabar Gym
GrassFire - Water
Vileplume vs. Moltres vs. Kingler

Other random pokemon located around the map include:
Snorlax, Ghastly, Ditto, Magnemite, a fat Magikarp, rattata, oddish, electrode, and krabby.

One disclaimer I will add as this map is scripted using all 26 labels, all 26 power channels and some of the messages to move groups of objects, you will occasionally see a pokemon appear and look totally janky as f*%^. I honestly can’t fix that unfortunately, but it does bring about extra hilarity as you try to recognize what it is. As always, add my GT: CaptainDireWolf or hit the download link above (if it’s still working) to play something ridiculous. Cheers!

Extra Challenge:
There has been interest from some to forge certain pokemon of their own and I certainly invite you to do so. With that said, I actually have about 100 objects left before I enter into the yellow zone of my limit, which I found causes the weird bug that makes random objects around the map disappear. Soooo that means, if you have a crazy interest, send me a message after you prefab your creation and tag it: “Poke CDW”. If it looks convincing, is made with minimal amount of objects, and I have your permission, I’ll add your masterpiece to the stadium for players to fight among. There it will rest for time eternal and your will receive both the pride of creation and I’ll add your name to the EPIC list of acknowledgements below.

Magnemite – Comedy Aerosol
Starmie – Unsorted gaming
Pokestop emblems – Unsorted Gaming

• Like 4