Community Spotlight: ForgeHub

Drizzy_Dan

gallery_19087_800_20451.png

gallery_19087_800_204651.jpg

ForgeHub is the center for all things Forge-related in the Halo Community. From map design to scripting, ForgeHub has a tutorial and/or several individuals who can help at any time. ForgeHub is home to several well-known Forgers and community members including WARHOLIC, Chronmeister, Commander Colson, and xdemption just to name some. Above you can see an image of their homepage which is updated frequently with news and tutorials (look at that awesome screenshot they got there!). Speaking of front page articles, this one is one of my favorite recurring articles on the site:

gallery_19087_800_776589.jpg

gallery_19087_800_72329.jpg

"...Forge-Cast is an article idea that i came up with that comes out every Monday. It gives a little recap of the previous week but mainly lists and talks about upcoming lobbies and article that are happening through out the week. This way people who visit the site can click on the front page article and be taken to a list of lobbies and what time they start, as well as a link to the lobby's thread. 
Getting a lobby into the Forge-Cast is easy, all you need is to be a member of the site, post in the forums that you are starting a lobby, and list the times and other details about the lobby. I then see the lobby and put it into the article." - Sir Iron Wolf.

The Forge-Cast is also the number 1 source of our Community Calendar's content and we have Sir Iron Wolf to thank for that.

gallery_19087_800_108076.jpg

gallery_19087_800_34469.jpg

The Forums page hosts the Shoutbox which stays active at almost all hours of the day. ForgeHub doesn't have a lot of different forums as you can see so that keeps things easy and less cluttered. Being a Forge-based community, they don't need many other forums. This tab is also the place to find the most recent threads and see who's online. 

gallery_19087_800_164238.jpg

The Map Database is separate from the Maps tab and is found in the forums. It's a catalog of different maps and discussions from each Halo game era. This keeps their Maps page and forums clean and up to date. Thousands of threads kept for accessing old files and proof of ForgeHub's transcendence through the different ages of Halo. 

gallery_19087_800_174593.jpg

The Map library on ForgeHub is rivaled by none even today. Above are the 2000+ maps submitted to ForgeHub in only Halo 5: Guardians. Adding a map starts with a click of a button but then requires a description, player count, supported gametypes, images, and more. Not actually a difficult process. At the top you'll spot featured maps which include Sikamikanico's Fever Pitch, SaltyKoala's Port 66, and WyvernZu's Infinity Siege. You can't go wrong looking for a map on ForgeHub. And if you're a Forger yourself, then this is also a great place to get your map tested. 

gallery_19087_800_111250.jpg

Lastly, here's a view of the current staff on ForgeHub minus a couple (sorry AlexVan and Doju). This is also not counting cartographers and 343 employees that frequent the site like WARHOLIC, AnonFriction, NOKYARD, and Godly Perfection. 

So whether it's a place to show off your latest project, get it tested, or even get ideas or inspiration for future projects, I'd say ForgeHub is your destination. And then Twam said 'let all the Halo niche sites work together in piece and reunite the Halo Community.'  Don't forget to follow ForgeHub on Twitter for updates like their interview with the Tom French and Nahil Sharkasi of 343 Industries. While you're at it, read me and ForgeHub admin Sir Iron Wolf's latest interview. And finally look to their YouTube for map features and tutorials. The end.

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 7

Finally had a chance to sit down and read this, haven't been over there in a very long time. I think its time I go check it out again.

Great job Drizzy, glad you are shedding some much needed light on the other parts of the community. 

Disclaimer: It isn't the nicest community but I've found cool people like Sir Iron Wolf on there among others. If you need ideas or any Forge help then this is the place to be. Their map library is also the largest if you wanna find and play cool new maps.