what do you think of the halo reach Xbox 360

i am wondering what those who were lucky enough to get a halo reach xbox 360 think of it. I want to know what people think of its design, colors, functionality, everything. i own one personally (got a hell of a deal on it. payed $300 for a brand new $400 unit) and think its far cooler than my halo 3 2007 model with the zephyr motherboard. faster, and far quieter. not to mention the HD is incredible, along with the miproved apon internal wifi and 250 GB hard drive. it will take me years to fill a portion of that. the reach console has a few extras you cannot get on the other consoles. each special edition console has had a separate feature that is completely different than any other. weather it is the outer design to specific media on the hard drive, each "special edition" is different. there are several distinctions on the reach edition that separate it from all of the others. first, its disc tray opening and closing sound is an energy shield recharging. the power on, power off sound is a halo 3 invincibility sound effect. next is the outer changes. the color is the first halo edition console that is not green, but silver. its decals are unique too because of the light silver/Grey matted color. it makes them more or less noticeable depending on the lighting. in direct sunlight when looking at it just to the side from the front, top, or back, the decals appear to be white, when looked at dead on, they look to be a darker Grey. the chrome accents mixed with the silver finish give it an unmatched and unique look that no other console has had before. an attractive look if you will. it is higher grade internally than its standard counterparts. better graphics chips and a higher grade heatsink. its silver finish allows it to run cooler because it does not retain heat like the black one does. not to mention the special editions are made more carefully and are designed to run more efficiently. the biggest difference from any other special edition ever made is how few of them were actually made. from what i learned, they were made based on total preorders and the ones that ended up on store shelves were the ones that had their preorders canceled, or the person who ordered it/ them, did not pick it up or pay it in full withing the store's holding time. the total number of them that i saw on store shelves that i saw in any gamestop, wal mart, fred meyer, or any other game system retailer totaled out to less than 10. about 5-7. they were a hell of a buy too because with everything totaled out price wise, the $300 console and controller, + the game, extra controller, headset, charge and play kit, and the DLC, came out to around $500. so $400 for everything is a hell of a buy. so tell me your honest opinion on the console. and be proud to own one because so few of them were made, they are more of a collectors item than a gaming unit.

the standard "s" models, 4 gig or 250 gig, are made with less care than the halo reach consoles, or any limited edition console because of the fact that they are mass produced. the limited editions are all made with better grade parts and are made with more care than the standard consoles. i have had my halo 3 console since it was brand new and it has been fully functional for 4 years. it got the red ring once but that was an inherent issue with all zephyr mother boards and it was fixed in 2008 and has not had a problem since. the halo reach limited editions are built far better than the standards thanks to the limited number made, the higher grade parts, its external housing, and the fact that even though Microsoft built them, bungie sent them the special features and what they wanted out of it. i do not know for sure but i believe bungie previewed and tested the unit before beginning the full production. i however do not know that for a fact.

I have to compliment whoever came up with the external design because it took the angular look of the "S" model, and transformed it into a work of art. i have never seen a more creative and artistic augmentation of a gaming unit in my life. the combination of the black, silver, and chrome is absolutely impressive. i see things from an artistic point of view and can only marvel at the creativity that went into the impressive combination of features.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...