[FEATURED] Podracer: Boonta Eve

CaptainDireWolf

• CaptainDireWolf
  • 2-16 players
  • Gametype: (Play with slayer if you want to just cruise around the map, otherwise use "Podracing" gametype for racing for 3 rounds to determine the champion, i.e. capture the stronghold)

Welcome to the Boonta Eve Classic!

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

This podrace takes place on the famous Mos Espa course on Tatooine. Hosted by Jabba the Hutt himself, this podracing arena challenges all competitors. Play as one of your favorite racers, including: Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, and Ben Quadinaros to name a few. It supports 15 people racing, but extra people (or people who get destroyed) can take the teleporter near the start line and join the unruly tribe of sand people camped above the track to shoot down the other racers (hint: aim for the gas tank near their pods for maximum effect).

Wait for the light to signal the start of the race, and then it’s off to the finish line! The map contains curving canyons filed with jumps and ramps that cut through the large formations of rock called the Mushroom Mesa. Next, racers have to navigate through narrow openings into Beggar’s canyon (as expected, there is a service ramp for those pushed off the course). Continuing on through desert plains and Arch Canyon, racers will eventually find themselves in the subterranean Laguna Cave. Be warned, pilots will then go through the Canyon Dune Turn, where Sand People may shoot down unlucky pilots. Watch out for the fires too (tried to mimic N64 Podracer here for those familiar with it). Whoever survives enters the last stretch of desert dubbed the Hutt Flats, leading back to the arena. Racers must complete three laps to be claimed the winner.

With that, I certainly welcome any and all suggestions for adding or fixing or removing anything to make the map even better, as I’m an avid Star Wars fan and try to keep everything as close to the original as possible (within the budget of course).

Please check out the link in forgehub: http://www.forgehub.com/maps/podracer-boonta-eve.1469/, click the download button, and add my GT: CaptainDireWolf to enjoy the map.

A special thanks goes out to all those fine people who figured out how to weld objects to vehicles, however, be aware that some podracers may freak out due to the welding vehicles bug.

Let the Games Begin!

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

You might want to recheck your posts as all of them have broken image links...

Hoping I've fixed the problem now. Let me know if the problem persists as I'm new ;) Before I used onedrive to obtain the url of each image, but maybe since you have to login that caused a problem. Now I've gotten urls from xboxclips.com. Whats the best way to upload photos here?

Hoping I've fixed the problem now. Let me know if the problem persists as I'm new ;) Before I used onedrive to obtain the url of each image, but maybe since you have to login that caused a problem. Now I've gotten urls from xboxclips.com. Whats the best way to upload photos here?

They seem to be fixed now.

On this site you can either attach images while your composing a new post or you could copy and paste images (the images themselves not thr URL) from let's say imgur.com

Keep in mind though when you're copying an image from an external site. If the external site tampers or removes the image it will have impact on the image here.

• 1 month later...
  • Twam unpinned this topic