Weapon Pick up priority

Taokaka

Hi  been playing Halo series since forever...Over the past few weeks I've noticed something off about picking up weapons/powerups in Halo 5 and was wondering if anyone knows anything concerning picking up weapons/power ups in Halo 5.

For example, when going to pick up a power weapon that is next to maybe an assault rifle or battle rifle...I feel like I am more likely to pick up the common weapons rather than the power weapon. This has also happened with overshield and camo pick up as well. I feel like there is no actual weapon pick up priority, but I am assuming based off my experiences.

Any one with solid info please let me know. And if there is no pick up priority, I honestly feel like this would be a great idea to implement in Halo 5 as I feel like previous Halos (from bungie) had this as part of the game. 

It's ridiculous to try and pick up a specific gun in a pile of them.

Just juggle the unwanted weapons away.

Hehe yeah you will probably die trying :( Also I remember rushing to overshield and I beat the enemy team to its location...however as I tried to pick it up I picked up an assault rifle instead and died...

I cried that day.

There has never been pick up priority in any Halo game as far as I know and I don't think it ever will be.

But it would be useful I guess.

Oh really? I felt like bungie Halo's had pick up priority. I do hope 343 at least considers the idea! 

I was also thinking perhaps they could even put in an option to individually choose which weapons to prioritize picking up over others...but that might be a bit much.

Adding something like pickup priority would be a horrible idea. Who's priority would this be ideal for? Not everyone likes the same weapons nor is well versed with certains, over another player. Forcing a choice to a player is NEVER a step forward, nor does it propogate balance.

Adding something like pickup priority would be a horrible idea. Who's priority would this be ideal for? Not everyone likes the same weapons nor is well versed with certains, over another player. Forcing a choice to a player is NEVER a step forward, nor does it propogate balance.

I can understand your point of view, which is why in my last post I mentioned the option of individual weapon priority pick up. That way those who want it can have it, but also personalize what weapon they want to prioritize and those who don't want it can just ignore the option. I think its a neat idea!