The 343i.org Confessional

Father B

It is understandable, my son. BF3 is a well done game. And Reach has stagnated a fair bit, especially with the focus on CEA and H4 as much as it is.

Just remember to play often enough to keep your skills sharp. After all, the day you face me is the day you'll need all the skill you can get. 8) On second thought, go ahead and neglect Halo. I have, but I've got an excuse. :mellow:

So worry not, my child. *holds a small metal ring over Kurt* May Twam's blessing be upon you.

Dear Father Bullet, please forgive me....

A long time ago I created an account using a one month... I used it during Halo 3 so I could wreck havoc on some n00bs and cocky kids.

However the name I chose for it... I must confess... I gave it the name of.... UnicornOfD00m

Please forgive me...

A long time ago I created an account using a one month... I used it during Halo 3 so I could wreck havoc on some n00bs and cocky kids.

However the name I chose for it... I must confess... I gave it the name of.... UnicornOfD00m

Please forgive me...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I ahhh........ :rofl: ....don't know if ahhh.... :rofl: that is forgivable! :rofl:

Where to begin Kyle?

I love getting a yoink when I see the oppurtunity for one.

I always go for the sniper.

I betray people without second thought that shoot my mates for weapons or vehicles. (if you remember I have ALOT of betrayals haha)

If I'm playing against friends tbag is a sure thing.

I boot people from the game lobby if they are annoying.

I boot people from the game lobby just for fun.

Trash talking with other people is not that often but happens.

Tell me, is there any hope?

Forgive me father for I have sinned...

I lost my composure during a Team SWAT game when I was teabagged by someone. I proceeded to assassinate that someone in front of their teammates, then killed their teammates all the while teabagging their corpse. I then got another three kills (all the while teabagging the corpse) when they came for revenge. Then, after the game, I plugged in my mic and said some foul things to the enemy team in the post-game lobby until they left the lobby. :3

Please forgive me...

:blink: I think I might have run into you once.

I understand that you were doing it for the Lulz and may have been a little naïve, but may have inadvertently worsened the problem.

We must remember that Evil begets Evil. That nothing good can come from selfish deeds. I trust you are no longer the same lad you were then.

You now understand that children lack the experience and grasp of common decency that we develop by having good friends. Kids these days are largely raising themselves, and that's just plain counterproductive to their developing maturity. So their ideas of fun and sportsmanship end up horribly askew.

We can try to fault them, but in doing so we fault ourselves. Instead, we should try to find it in our hearts to guide them toward enlightenment, to help them become Men and Women instead of just large infants that shout and stamp their feet when they don't get their way.

At the very least, we should avoid them, so as not to reinforce their behavior by perpetuating a negative stereotype.

I should say that this lecture isn't directed solely at you, Mayhem. Rather, at anyone whom may be guilty of exacerbating these problems amongst the young and the juvenile.

Now… *holds a metal ring up toward Mayhem in symbolic gesture* Go with Twam's blessing, my son. Through Understanding will we be forgiven all our trespasses.

:blink: I think I might have run into you once.

I understand that you were doing it for the Lulz and may have been a little naïve, but may have inadvertently worsened the problem.

We must remember that Evil begets Evil. That nothing good can come from selfish deeds. I trust you are no longer the same lad you were then.

You now understand that children lack the experience and grasp of common decency that we develop by having good friends. Kids these days are largely raising themselves, and that's just plain counterproductive to their developing maturity. So their ideas of fun and sportsmanship end up horribly askew.

We can try to fault them, but in doing so we fault ourselves. Instead, we should try to find it in our hearts to guide them toward enlightenment, to help them become Men and Women instead of just large infants that shout and stamp their feet when they don't get their way.

At the very least, we should avoid them, so as not to reinforce their behavior by perpetuating a negative stereotype.

I should say that this lecture isn't directed solely at you, Mayhem. Rather, at anyone whom may be guilty of exacerbating these problems amongst the young and the juvenile.

Now… *holds a metal ring up toward Mayhem in symbolic gesture* Go with Twam's blessing, my son. Through Understanding will we be forgiven all our trespasses.

I have indeed learned my lesson. Thank you Father Bullet.

btw... have you ran into that account before?? O.o My emblem was a pink or Purple Unicorn and had a white or dark grey circle background...

Our most revered Spiritual Leader I did last night during the 343ind.Community Halo 3 play date betray Choot 'em on more than one occasion. Father Bullet, unlike my prior sins previously confessed to you, Choot 'em did appear to be a magnet for my grenades. It is not an excuse I make, but I do feel Vitamin may have hid a powerful magnet in Choot 'em's armor causing this to happen.

Secondly, though I did not notice this happen or get a penalty for it, I was accused during a quick snipe of back flipping a team mate.

Father I come to you as a humble member of the forums to be absolved of my transgressions against my team mates. Thank you.

P.S. Back flipping is my term for a clean head shot.

• Like 1

V and A-Dog: :rofl: Shenanigans! By Twam's sacred left buttock I wish I could've been there. *sigh*

Alex and AAN2: :blink: You don't say things like "rape" and "SURPRISE BUTTSEX!" when you pwn/assassinate people, do you?

… well, I might use the latter in a moment of psychopathic hysterics…

Mayhem: I recall the icon being the unicorn, but I don't remember if it was that particular color scheme. But anyhow, I don't recall being that impressed, either, so it probably wasn't you. :mellow:

I have also sniped teammates from afar on custom games and forge for there was nothing else to do. I have also run over teammates on matchmaking for the heck of it. I have also on firefight brought a gravity hammer on a person because he was being a #$%@.

My child (not intended to call you a kid — even if you are, compared to me and some others here). Your first confession seemed innocent and light-hearted, but your second group of confessions has given me pause… I hope I'm misunderstanding you, but I'd like to address the possibility anyway.

Some people who revel in their ignorant view on their behavior believe in the "It's just a game" excuse. But that excuse is old, tired, and more importantly, it contradicts itself.

Games are meant to be fun for all players, yes?

So if Player A's "fun" ruins Player B's fun, it must cease to be a game. You see my logic?

So what does that make it?

What it becomes is a stage for Player A's portayal of his own low self-esteem.

The Jedi of the Star Wars universe teach us that we should control our emotions so that our emotions don't control us. That's a path that leads to all kinds of nastiness that no intelligent person wants any part of.

Remember: People may be smarter, wiser, faster, stronger, bigger or badder than you. But nobody is better than you, my son. You have nothing to prove to anybody. But by repeatedly taking harsh and selfish actions against teammates (or opponents), you're reinforcing the lie that you are no good.

So cut it out, and go with the blessing of Twam, my son. :yes

• Like 1

Thank you, but I am confused about one thing. :huh: was that asking me to stop doing so because I think Im no good, or is it telling me to stop because the other player may start to feel this way.

Is one answer exclusive of the other? ^_^

To be safe, I would say, "Both". It's like I told Mayhem earlier: Nothing good can come from selfish behavior. It perpetuates the behavior in ourselves, and can bring about similar behavior in others as well.

• Like 1

Alex and AAN2: :blink: You don't say things like "rape" and "SURPRISE BUTTSEX!" when you pwn/assassinate people, do you?

God no ahahaha! So I take it theres no hope for me... Time to join the dark side!

V and A-Dog: :rofl: Shenanigans! By Twam's sacred left buttock I wish I could've been there. *sigh*

Mayhem: I recall the icon being the unicorn, but I don't remember if it was that particular color scheme. But anyhow, I don't recall being that impressed, either, so it probably wasn't you. :mellow:

My child (not intended to call you a kid — even if you are, compared to me and some others here). Your first confession seemed innocent and light-hearted, but your second group of confessions has given me pause… I hope I'm misunderstanding you, but I'd like to address the possibility anyway.

Some people who revel in their ignorant view on their behavior believe in the "It's just a game" excuse. But that excuse is old, tired, and more importantly, it contradicts itself.

Games are meant to be fun for all players, yes?

So if Player A's "fun" ruins Player B's fun, it must cease to be a game. You see my logic?

So what does that make it?

What it becomes is a stage for Player A's portayal of his own low self-esteem.

The Jedi of the Star Wars universe teach us that we should control our emotions so that our emotions don't control us. That's a path that leads to all kinds of nastiness that no intelligent person wants any part of.

Remember: People may be smarter, wiser, faster, stronger, bigger or badder than you. But nobody is better than you, my son. You have nothing to prove to anybody. But by repeatedly taking harsh and selfish actions against teammates (or opponents), you're reinforcing the lie that you are no good.

So cut it out, and go with the blessing of Twam, my son. :yes

Why yes, sometimes I DO :o Not often though :D

Is one answer exclusive of the other? ^_^

To be safe, I would say, "Both". It's like I told Mayhem earlier: Nothing good can come from selfish behavior. It perpetuates the behavior in ourselves, and can bring about similar behavior in others as well.

Very wise words I have learned from. Today I played in a game with a Spanish guy, he apologized for not speaking good English and that he was still learning it. I told him that it was all good and not to worry about it. However....

I must confess... I kept getting disconnected from xbox live today... and at times I would be in a game and get disconnected. I would leave all my team mates hanging at a disadvantage because I couldn't figure out why I kept getting disconnected. Finally I Googled my problem and found that it could be a System Cache issue... so I went and removed the Cache and I will see what happens later tonight or tomorrow.

I feel bad for continuing to enter games and then get kicked out because of Xbox Live.

Yes cahce is a big issue. Unfortunatly, the 360 is not as good at handling memory as it should be. By default, the cachc folder holds quite a bit of previous loaded game data. That data has to be overwritten, causing read delays, and causing lag when the network is trying to communicate with your console. Simply put, I cannot understand why they insist on having a cache folder that will literally store the data from the like the last 5 maps you played on? Loading times are not that big anymore, and the cache folder only really made sense on the Xbox 1, seeing as it had a low ram size. somewhere around 16mb's if I rememebr correctly. But yeah, clear your cache before powering off your console everyday...it will help. Not a whole lot, but it will help a noticable amount. And it'sd not my fault the ethernet cord took it upon itself to dislodge itslef from my 360 causing lag and a disconnect from Live....lmao

Anywho, now on to my daily confession...

Forgive me Father for I have sinned,

a sin that leaves me in a haze.

Was I wrong or was I right,

will my actions set 343i ablaze?

I have last night to much success,

ripped the contents of the CEA disc.

I do this not for gain but for learning,

to quell this hobby enthusiasts' yearning.

I care not to distribute or release,

the game to the communal beast.

I simply what to learn and poke around,

to get some insightif insight is to be found.

It will help me understand things to pass,

Such as the halo 4 circumstance.

Where is it going, how is changing,

oh the pain of not knowing.

Hope you enjoyed that rhyme to my sin. I basically ripped the disc so I can start loading up code to handle and display some basic form of the map structure in CEA, so i can start poking around at how they did things. While not a big deal to me...it may be to some, and theirfore I feel shame.

Forgive me Father for I have with malice and forethought purged childish imps from the Shout Box, thrown spammers into the pits of Hell and smitten trolls with my banning axe. This sins, justified as they were, do leave some remorseful thought of what could have been had these retched creatures heeded the 343ind. Forum commandments and warnings they had received from above.

What be the penance thy humble servant should endure?

Twin: As the almighty Twam may have once said, "No harm, no foul."

Twam be praised!

A-Dog: Like the Arch-Angel of our lord Twam that you are, it is your responsibilities that compel you to action. To feel remorse is only natural when forced to act at times when Mercy might have you stay your hand. What you must realize is that this is not a weakness, child, but a part of empathy and understanding, things that are the bane of ignorance and fear.

The difference between Bravery and Fearlessness, I'm afraid, is Stupidity.

You have our support, A-Dog. And if you ever have need of an open ear, mine is yours. Blessings of Twam be with you. :yes