A Forge World successor was in the works for Halo 5

Ardent Prayer

Tom French of 343 Industries was asked about a "Forge World" remake and if it would makes its way into Halo 5: Guardians. This is what he had to say about the question:

3Qt0L1z.png

Tom said that even though the idea was cut from the official game, it still on the list and possible for the map to be brought into the future. (After all other priorities first, but nontheless a bit happy.) What do you guys think of a potential new forge canvas? I know some of you want it.

-Ardy         source: https://twitter.com/pardontomfrench/status/690358277427851268

Edited by Ardent Prayer
  • Like 4

I think that it gives us interesting insight into how MS works.

This is MS biggest and most successfull franchise yet stuff like this happens. I'm fine with 343 having a deadline but for such an important franchise you'd think MS would give them a little longer to make sure things like this could happen to elevate Halo 5 to become much better than it is.

Because Halo 5 overall sold badly and had been badly received too. So I'm hoping MS learns from their mistakes and allows 343 to have longer than usual so Halo 6 can really be a quality product. :)

I understand companies need to make money but it has certainly come at a price for MS. One that may or may not have become worth it with Halo 5?

• Like 1

I think that it gives us interesting insight into how MS works.

This is MS biggest and most successfull franchise yet stuff like this happens. I'm fine with 343 having a deadline but for such an important franchise you'd think MS would give them a little longer to make sure things like this could happen to elevate Halo 5 to become much better than it is.

Because Halo 5 overall sold badly and had been badly received too. So I'm hoping MS learns from their mistakes and allows 343 to have longer than usual so Halo 6 can really be a quality product. :)

I understand companies need to make money but it has certainly come at a price for MS. One that may or may not have become worth it with Halo 5?

Halo's a system seller for Xbox. That's the only reason why they're pushing them out like this. When Xbox is dead, and Halo is free to enter the PC realm whenever it likes I'm sure they'll give 343 more breathing room.

Halo's a system seller for Xbox. That's the only reason why they're pushing them out like this. When Xbox is dead, and Halo is free to enter the PC realm whenever it likes I'm sure they'll give 343 more breathing room.

I know but that's exactly why I'd think Halo 5 would have a certain level of goty quality to it. But it does not. Because it is clearly rushed out the door and hardly lives up to any prior Halo games. Apart from perhaps Forge it genreally falls flat in every other area. :)

I mean imagine if Halo 5 was actually a great game, how many more copies would be sold then. (And had splitscreen)

Forge World? Seriously? Forge World makes my skin crawl. People say "It's so easy to build on it!" And "It's so cool!" and stuff like it. That just annoys me to no end.

Reach: Not even a world, and no flat land anywhere. So you have to make your own flat surfaces which takes a huge chunk out of your budget. The island, small and awkward. The so called "canyon", way too hilly. The Hangar and what people call "flat land" above it, too small and too awkward.

Halo 4: Finally, flat land but nothing else. So now my maps all have to be flat. Really awkward to make anything that involves natural structures because they're not there.

So if 343 actually want a Forge World, it better be big and have a mix of flat and non flat land. And none of that Covenant or Flood canvases people want, it's a terrible thing to even picture.

• Like 1