The Semi Weekly Site Poll 21

Caboose The Ace

I have no excuse this week for why this poll is a day late other than I actually lost track of days...... I thought it was Monday today only to discover I was wrong.....

Regardless its a bit off schedule but here nevertheless. The Semi Weekly Site Poll, 21!
halo-5-forge.jpg

This week's question is about none other than Forge mode.

Forge mode has been somewhat of a standout game mode since its unveiling in Halo 3. It received much praise in that game and so was brought back for future games. Forge itself being a map editor. It continues to get arguably better with each game and more advanced in each game it is brought back in.  Of course nothing is without fault. So my question to you all this week.

Are you satisfied with Forge and Halo 5? And if not what would you want to improve about it?  

As always voting ends on January 5th. If you have any suggestions or criticism, feel free to pm me.

Happy voting, your Supreme Overlord and Emperor of the Galaxy Caboose The Ace out! :)

Edited by Caboose The Ace

It's terrible right now, to be honest. Some of the new stuff is cool, but holy hell. It's buggy asf.

I don't understand how they did not see some of these bugs. It's outrageous...

The spawning bug is the worst. I've tried every solution and fix people claim to work, but it doesn't. I also find it stupid that no spawns means no spawns. At least put in an invisible spawn point. Even if it's just one, instead of closing the map and putting all the hard work to no good use.

The next one is... I can't even name the problem... I make a rain map on Alpine, but for some reason when I use the Overcast Skybox. The rain bounces around like it's riding the waves... But as soon as I turn it to Cirrus or Sunset... It's back to normal... I was using Overcast because I applied the filters and background and everything and it looked amazing... But now it looks like I have no idea what I'm doing with weather effects because of this. It's aggravating to be honest here.

Next up is controls. They're not hard to get used to, but whenever I spawn and I press the boost button, the terrain, structure, or anything just randomly switches physics from Phased straight to Normal... I was pushing the BOOST button, object properties require you to Press X > Object Properties > Physics. That's 3 phases compared to the one I did.

All in all, I'm not impressed with forge. It's such a terrible letdown. I like Reach's and H2A's better. That's where they did forge right.

• Like 1

Forge has finally gotten what it needed.

The controls are majorly improved, I can now build maps in half the time. The grouping is really helpful for moving everything about and the variety of objects given is much better than previous Forges *cough* Reach*cough*.

The canvases, although limited, are very easy to work with expecially the Breakout canvas and Parallax. The natural items associated with each canvas can be used to make anything.

The main thing I really love is being able to add fog, a sky box, control the wind and change piece colours. Just the ability to be able to do this is brilliant.

I can never understand why people have trouble with the controls, you can display them on screen......

• Like 1

Tbh, they kinda rushed it when they said they weren't going to.

Controls have such an amazing workflow. Terrain pieces and changing of the environment offer so many unique options to make your map. One thing I'm in love with is the sound FX option, next to the ability to add visual FX, like fire.

But the number of bugs is atrocious for the time they had.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Alright everyone its been a week so lets tally up the results!

*drumroll*

The result here has been very mixed. The people who answered while they liked Forge they admitted it certainly had its issues. So overall I'd say it was a yes but the bugs that Forge has really brings it down.

Thanks for voting all and until next time. :)

Edited by Caboose The Ace