Living Dead Switcharoo >:(

Wolfy5079

This should never have been put in halo reach at all. I hate it most when I'm in the middle of a major killing spree and someone quits and i end up as an alpha zombie. To me it doesn't really matter if one side have a disadvantage since almost every game ends up with the zombies winning anyway. If theres gonna be another TU for reach then this has got to be removed as it ruins gameplay.

/Rant over

yep its a common problem with infection playlist, zombie quits and a player dies and becomes a zombie, pain in the ass if your doing well.

Lets face it though, quitting games seems to be getting worse and worse, dont remember it as much of a problem when playing H3 or Gears 2, now though when playing Reach or Gears 3, quitting seems to happen a lot more, is it the way gaming is going now? then maybe all games should have a quitting ban? or in Reach, if you quit you get minus 10,000cR.

• Like 1

yep its a common problem with infection playlist, zombie quits and a player dies and becomes a zombie, pain in the ass if your doing well.

Lets face it though, quitting games seems to be getting worse and worse, dont remember it as much of a problem when playing H3 or Gears 2, now though when playing Reach or Gears 3, quitting seems to happen a lot more, is it the way gaming is going now? then maybe all games should have a quitting ban? or in Reach, if you quit you get minus 10,000cR.

what happens when you go negitive?

There has to be a real penalty for quitting. In H3 when you quit, you lost rank, that spawned de-ranking. Quitting in Reach does not accommodate de-ranking, but a significant loss of credits would bring the problem to a quick end. The system would have to be able to recognize the difference between quitting and lagging out or loosing power at the players home. Maybe if you drop from a game and begin a MM search within 5 minutes the credit loss is applied after a specific number of times. If after 5 minutes you would not get the penalty. If you are playing with a bad or low quality signal the system already recognizes that because it provides you with the connection status in Reach. If you know you can't or may not finish a game you should not go into MM. Twinreaper may have a better idea on whats applicable technically, but players also quit because they don't like the chosen map or game type. This could also be applied to those who repeatedly betray other players, take their credits not their rank.

Another penalty might be setting the rank credit plateaus higher for repeat offenders of quitting and betraying. It would rise, per account, at 2, 5, and then finally 10% levels. You would be warned first, then notified of the ranking adjustment that would stay in place for all following ranks, but be repealed if said activity was not repeated for a specific time frame.

There has to be a real penalty for quitting. In H3 when you quit, you lost rank, that spawned de-ranking. Quitting in Reach does not accommodate de-ranking, but a significant loss of credits would bring the problem to a quick end. The system would have to be able to recognize the difference between quitting and lagging out or loosing power at the players home. Maybe if you drop from a game and begin a MM search within 5 minutes the credit loss is applied after a specific number of times. If after 5 minutes you would not get the penalty. If you are playing with a bad or low quality signal the system already recognizes that because it provides you with the connection status in Reach. If you know you can't or may not finish a game you should not go into MM. Twinreaper may have a better idea on whats applicable technically, but players also quit because they don't like the chosen map or game type. This could also be applied to those who repeatedly betray other players, take their credits not their rank.

Another penalty might be setting the rank credit plateaus higher for repeat offenders of quitting and betraying. It would rise, per account, at 2, 5, and then finally 10% levels. You would be warned first, then notified of the ranking adjustment that would stay in place for all following ranks, but be repealed if said activity was not repeated for a specific time frame.

I don't know, some people just have bad connection, not 10,000! IMO no way. Or some people they might lag out, or their parents or weird brothers just turn it off for fun.

Maybe a 10 minute ban from matchmaking. Or minus 1,000-2,000 cR. I hated the H3 penalizes personally, It's actually why all i play is Custom Games and Forge mostly in there.

Edit: Wait i didn't notice your post AD, i guess nevermind for some of the things i said.

This should never have been put in halo reach at all. I hate it most when I'm in the middle of a major killing spree and someone quits and i end up as an alpha zombie. To me it doesn't really matter if one side have a disadvantage since almost every game ends up with the zombies winning anyway. If theres gonna be another TU for reach then this has got to be removed as it ruins gameplay.

/Rant over

i agree i have a running riot and thats all they do is camp and walk around the cornor and u die

a ten minute ban from matchmaking? they did that. people walked off and got a cookie and some juice. they came back and poofed unbanned. if they're capable of making a game then they're capable of programming software that tells the difference between quitting and disconnecting. i personally agree... a large amount of credits should be lost if you quit.

Recognize between turning off the system and a power outage? Oooookay, lol.

Anyway, what happens to you happens because they need extra zombies to "balance" the game. If all but one zombie quit and nobody replaced them, you can bet that one zombie will have a very difficult and frustrating time trying to infect people. You just happen to be the unlucky one to be the replacement. It happens to me too. Sometimes I go entire games without being human and vice versa. I don't think this is a good reason to remove the entire gametype from Reach, especially since Infection has been around since Halo 2. They could change a few things, like refine the kill barriers. I still see people standing in ridiculous areas.

Recognize between turning off the system and a power outage? Oooookay, lol.

Anyway, what happens to you happens because they need extra zombies to "balance" the game. If all but one zombie quit and nobody replaced them, you can bet that one zombie will have a very difficult and frustrating time trying to infect people. You just happen to be the unlucky one to be the replacement. It happens to me too. Sometimes I go entire games without being human and vice versa. I don't think this is a good reason to remove the entire gametype from Reach, especially since Infection has been around since Halo 2. They could change a few things, like refine the kill barriers. I still see people standing in ridiculous areas.

I will be the first to admit I am not a "tech" guy! lol That is why I differed the technical aspects to Twinreaper.

a ten minute ban from matchmaking? they did that. people walked off and got a cookie and some juice. they came back and poofed unbanned. if they're capable of making a game then they're capable of programming software that tells the difference between quitting and disconnecting. i personally agree... a large amount of credits should be lost if you quit.

The ten minute ban was funny. That was somewhat a good idea. Because the message would continue to pop-up in matchmaking even after, and at the most inconveniant moments. Therefore, they'd be paused from the message, it'd annoy them, and they'd get killed in their match.

Still though, not a large amount.

I just think they should lose 1- 3000 cR. Like in the slot machine. They'd add an extra part called "penalties" after each match for quiting and you'd lose credits.

For maximum legitimatcy, it'd happen after your next match, like in GoW: 3. Now that game has an awesome way of punishing quitters. Then again, it almost wouldn't be fair. Because some people's brothers/parents just turn the XBOX off just for fun. Like my mom/brothers. So it'd really screw me up.