Why is there no matchmaking for co-op?

VapourKill

This is just absurd. No split screen. No matchmaking. You make such a fuss about the 4 player co-op mode and yet shoot yourself in the foot by making it so hard to play a co-op game. My friends don't really play Halo so I really need the matchmaking to enjoy the co-op feature and I am pretty sure a lot of people are in the same situation. It is really beyond me why 343i will do this.

p.s. my gamertag is VapourKill. Add me.

• Like 1

Yes, a lot of people are upset about the lack of splitscreen. A lot of people are really upset about the changes made to Halo from 3 to 5. However, I do have to be the Devil's Advocate, here... We're not the official 343i forums. We're a community. The official 343i forums can be found on Waypoint, I'm sure you can Google it.

Honestly, I'd love to play the campaign with my girlie on splitscreen, but that's no longer an option anymore. Same thing as to Forge, and having to wait for December for it to come out.

Hey, I hate Day-One updates and not being able to enjoy a full game as soon as it's released (then again, with Xbone, you have to install the games/updates before you can play them, which I hate), let alone having to deal with some company wishing to give us a product that's messed up beyond belief and thinking a small "token of gratitude" will satisfy our grief-stricken minds.

Co-op matchmaking was only a thing in Halo: Reach and never broke 2000 players playing at a given time. I don't know why people make such a fuss about the lack of a feature that was never really popular.

Co-op matchmaking was only a thing in Halo: Reach and never broke 2000 players playing at a given time. I don't know why people make such a fuss about the lack of a feature that was never really popular.

What about Spartan Ops? If I remember correctly you can play with others. In any case, co-op means you would play with others and they should really make that easy.

Because Halo 5's campaign is heavily co-op oriented, what with the Fireteam feature and all. Campaign matchmaking would've been a fantastic feature to supplement that, the reason people are making a fuss about Halo 5 not having that particular feature is because Halo 5 in particular is the game that should have it. Combined with the lack of splitscreen, for a co-op oriented campaign, they do make it difficult to find co-op buddies. So I actually agree with the OP, they really should've added campaign matchmaking.

@@VapourKill By the way, Vapour, welcome to the forums! As BATMAN said, this isn't 343i's official site but you should stick around here!

• Like 1