Battlefield 3 review

SuperIntendant

Going into playing multiplayer today I had heard lots of negative things from B.net's flood about the game. So as I entered my first game I expected the worst. The thought of it being too much like Call of Duty and straying away from the Battlefield tradition crossed my mind.

As I spawned I looked around (I had the HD texture pack of corse) and said out loud "Wow, this is the most beautiful gam... no, the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I then shook my head and told myself to focus. There was a helicopter directly to my rear which I quickly ran to remembering how great I was at flying in BFBC2. As I took off the three members of my squad spawned in the helicopter. Apparently they changed the way helicopters fly and the four of us were soon dead.

After that incident of me flying into an oil tank I decided to avoid helicopters for a while (if you were wondering I did try flying again on Caspian Border and ended up crashing into a hill). I then decided to try the Assault/ Medic class since that's what I ended up using in the Beta and decided to communicate and play as a squad and not as a lone wolf. Since Battlefield 3 awards you for this kind of behavior I finished in the top five players in the game.

Now that story telling time is over it's time to get to the review. First off the cons. I feel like the game is lacking a bit in customization and the game is still very buggy.

Now that that's over time to move on to the pros. The game looks is brilliant, it is not a game, no. What Battlefield 3 is, is real life. Some of my friends look less realistic. Since the PC version is more realistic it must involve you actually getting shot or something.

The gameplay, well it is so hard to describe. The multiplayer in my opinion is the best I have ever played, think of if god was multiplayer, if that helps. The lighting effects are brilliant. Are we sure that this just isn't like the movie Gamer and this just isn't a live video feed? That seems like the only explanation. Now, campaign. I haven't played it yet and don't think I want to. I know DICE tried to make campaign better but I just can't see it being any fun. The campaign in all of the other Battlefield games were crap and my bet is that this one's is the same.

I can't think of anything else so I'll end this review here. Overall if there was such a thing as gaming nirvana this would be it. I'm sorry I know that we are all Halo fans but this is the best game I have ever played. I don't think it will ever get old and if Halo 4 beats it then I will eat my own hair. This is gaming perfection, this is the game of the future, this is Battlefield 3.

I am a dedicated FPS player of the Halo franchise, but am willing to give it a try. Is it an expensive game and how hard is the learning curve if you have never played it?

It just came out so at game stop used would be like $56 and new is $60. As for the learning curve, I would say after maybe 3 or 4 games you should be okay and you should be able to play very well in less then a week. If you play it like Halo or COD you will die... a lot. You have to learn to play other ways and to be patient, it's hard to explain exactly how the game should be played but you tend to figure it out quickly.

Wow, best game ever? If its anything like the beta then I disagree. It was really fun dont get me wrong but not even close to best game ever. However, it may be the best REALISTIC military shooter game I have played behind Black Ops, because of the graphics and multiplayer. I may have to rent this game to check the changes since the beta was a bit buggy.

Wow, best game ever? If its anything like the beta then I disagree. It was really fun dont get me wrong but not even close to best game ever. However, it may be the best REALISTIC military shooter game I have played behind Black Ops, because of the graphics and multiplayer. I may have to rent this game to check the changes since the beta was a bit buggy.

The Beta was okay, but it wasn't really Battlefield. The whole game gives you a less buggy and better experience. And yes... the best game ever... of all time. (with the exception of GNOP! and QWOP)

I agree 100%! I say this is the best FPS evar (with the exception of halo or course). The graphics are great, brilliant lighting, and a helluva lot of fun. I love how it feels compared to bad company 2. I tried BC2 earlier after playing battlefield and it's a totally different feel. I rate this game a 9.9/10. Would be a 10/10 but the game still has a few bugs. I think a TU would fix them though.

And if it makes you feel any better, I crashed my helicopter too. ;)

I am a dedicated FPS player of the Halo franchise, but am willing to give it a try. Is it an expensive game and how hard is the learning curve if you have never played it?

just to add on to what HeadHunter said, the game utilizes all the buttons on the controller. It will feel compleatly different then CoD or halo. There is bullet drop, base jumping, and freakin jets. It is tricky to learn how to control the vehicles though. I would recommend spending a few days getting the player controls down before hopping in a heli or jet. But that's just my opinion. Hope you decide to play it!

you play it like an actual soldier of war. your no spartan whatsoever. a few bullets and you'll be dead. i quite enjoy the multiplayer and it actually has alot of customization for all your guns, tanks, jets, helicopters, and even what you look like a bit. the only buggy this is that sometimes you might randomly disconnect but they seemed to have solved the issue in my experience. personally, ive had no problems or complaints about the multiplayer. however in campaign i did get stuck in a glitch on "thunder run"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...