The CSI Effect

MCPO Mayh3m

So I need some opinions real quick from you all on something called the CSI effect in Forensic Investigations.

Do you believe that the CSI Effect really exists, and if so how would it affect your decision as a juror?

CSI Effect (Definition):
A phenomenon reported by prosecutors who claim that television shows based on scientific crime solving have made actual jurors reluctant to vote to convict when, as is typically true, forensic evidence is neither necessary nor available.

So pretty much what you are asking is if CSI based TV shows is based off of real investigation?

I'm not entirely sure, it might be based off some aspects of the real thing, but I don't think it's entirely based on it.

Besides shows like that like to build up drama. Anyway that is just my thoughts on it. Final answer no, I don't think it's based off it.

So pretty much what you are asking is if CSI based TV shows is based off of real investigation?

I'm not entirely sure, it might be based off some aspects of the real thing, but I don't think it's entirely based on it.

Besides shows like that like to build up drama. Anyway that is just my thoughts on it. Final answer no, I don't think it's based off it.

Basically what the question is asking is that if a show such as CSI can affect someone on the jury in a way that they choose to not convict someone due to lack of forensic evidence.