Xúr Agent of the Nine! Week 28 - March 20-22nd

VinWarrior

post-26953-0-53216900-1426874347.png

Hey everyone, me and Mr/Mrs Xang Liao Yong will be doing this bi-weekly, so this week it's yours truly, next week it shall be Yang. Anyway, this week Xur has a few new items and is located in the North Tower across from the Speaker, but the question is are the new exoitcs worth buying? Let's see!

Titan - Mk. 44 Stand Asides (Boots)

post-26953-0-07568200-1426874357.png

Perks:

Heavy Weapon Ammo - Possibly the best perk on these boots, but Ruin Wings do it far better. Not really that important otherwise. 

Be Somewhere Else - Raises the duration of Shoulder Charge. Unless you love Shoulder Charge religiously, no. Not that important. It's a shot addition anyway, you can't run across the Abyss and finally charge it.

Rating - I give these boots a 3/10, they aren't worthy of their Exotic title and don't do anything all that useful besides give you three more seconds to run before charging at someone. Shoulder Charge is very weak anyway. Pass unless you need to complete your collection. 

Hunter - Mask of the Third Man (Helmet)

post-26953-0-33252600-1426874366.png

Perks:

Infusion - Heals you when you pick up Orbs of Light, can be helpful but only in certain situations, so not exactly a good start.

Switchblade - Increased melee attack speed for a bladedancer? Yes. Perfect perk to compliment this helm's exotic ability. 

Unstable - Arc blade currents use less energy? This is THE Bladedancer helm to own, it is extremely helpful in situations where you use your super. 

Rating - I give MotTM a 9/10, it would be a perfect score if the stat roll wasn't so average and Infusion was something else, like increased melee charge speed or something. But either way, if you have or plan on making a Bladedancer, it needs this helm.

Warlock - Apotheosis Veil

post-26953-0-04343700-1426874375.png

Perks:

Serpent's Tail - Reducing grenade cooldown for warlocks can be helpful, as most Warlock 'nades are very good, in this case, the perk applies well.

Infusion - Replenishes health each time you grab an Orb, eh, like I said above, helpful in Crota Hard and mostly nothing else. Bad perk choice but it fits the helm.

Private Reserves - Replenish health when you activate your super. Well, since you're pretty much unstoppable with your super equipped, this is kinda dumb. Poor choice.

Rating - I give Apotheosis Veil a 5/10 based on it's appearance and the helpfulness in certain situations, but not many others. If you suck at keeping your health up, pick it up, if you're completing a collection or starting a new Warlock, sure, but for anything else, pass. Obsidian Mind is rumored to be sold next week anyway.

Weapon - Hard Light

post-26953-0-91674800-1426874386.jpg

My rating - Hard Light gets a 7/10, it's unstable, but if you're hitting targets, you're having fun and it has it's uses. It's no Suros or Red Death, but it's something. 

Helmet Engram

post-26953-0-12113900-1426874412.png

Look for Helm of Saint 14, Obsidian Mind, Aclyophage, or even The Glasshouse. Good choices, pick one or two up if you have the motes.

Upgrades - 

Hunter - Lucky Raspberry > MotTM (Higher roll)

Titan - Crest of Alpha Lupi > Skullfort

Warlock - Heart of the Praxic Fire > Skull of Dire Ahamkara

Weapons - Gjallarhorn > Red Death > Truth = Patience and Time > Invective > Hard Light

That's all ladies and gents, see ya two weeks from now!

• Like 5

I am finding Hard Light to be a great Exotic Auto Rifle

It sucks at range and sometimes the recoil is annoying to manage but it is such a satisfying weapon to use. The feedback when you pull the trigger or the muzzle flash effects just make it so unique. It also has a great projectile sound is just such a pleasant sound to my crumby ears.

Great write up EK. I'm really happy this is now becoming a regular thing. 

• Like 1

Worst Motes of lights ever spent. I got the helm engram, hopin it'd be Light Nemesis beyond helm, but instead it gave me hunter's helm called Achind(However you spell that) -_- I'm so going to save my coins and motes of light to 100 so i can make it worth to buy.