Zombies War

RAI Callion

Zombies War is the book that I'm currently working on right now as I'm telling all of you about it, I don't know if the picture or the title that I'm using is already been used, if so then please tell me as I do not like to forge a book that was already made and/or plagiarize any idea that's already been used.

The attached file is the cover to the book that I'm making.

I've done my research for Zombie War, and there are no books about it!

post-87286-0-41410300-1423680098.jpg

• Like 3

Here's the index of Zombie War as of now.

-Index-

CH 1: Good Mourning…. Page: 1-2

CH 2: Our First Murder…. Page: 3-4

CH 3: Zombie Overrun…. Page: 4-6

CH 4: Arrival at Safe Haven…. Page: 6-8

CH 5: The Newcomer…. Page: 9-11

CH 6: Kill or be Killed…. Page: 11-13

CH 7: Getting back to Safety…. Page: 13-

Try using royalty-free vectors for the front cover. Who knows, if you get big you'd want to be able to sell without any lawsuit issues, right? ;) But seriously, it's good practice. Also, I'd recommend at least 10 pages per chapter if your hardcore into this. But it's fine if you disagree. I'm chill. ^_^

I gotta say, I'm actually interested in this.  The beginning chapter do.....pure gold "Good Mourning".  I love the word play on that, and it fits the tone of the story your selling.  Although I don't read much outside a handful of books here and there, this looks like something I WOULD read.  Good luck on this and keep us updated!

• Like 1

Try using royalty-free vectors for the front cover. Who knows, if you get big you'd want to be able to sell without any lawsuit issues, right? ;) But seriously, it's good practice. Also, I'd recommend at least 10 pages per chapter if your hardcore into this. But it's fine if you disagree. I'm chill. ^_^

I know what you mean, and I've done that the first time when I started writing books, and my English Teacher at the time said "You don't want too many pages in each chapter, because then you're just going to lose your reader." and I stuck with what she said.

I gotta say, I'm actually interested in this.  The beginning chapter do.....pure gold "Good Mourning".  I love the word play on that, and it fits the tone of the story your selling.  Although I don't read much outside a handful of books here and there, this looks like something I WOULD read.  Good luck on this and keep us updated!

Don't worry man, I will, just give me more time to finish CH 8: New Conflict, and then I'll update the index again. I'll keep updating everything about it and maybe, once I'm done, I'll start to type out CH 1: Good Mourning. In fact, CH 8: New Conflict, will be the start of the war.

Here's today's Index.

-Index-

CH 1: Good Mourning…. Page: 1-2

CH 2: Our First Murder…. Page: 3-4

CH 3: Zombie Overrun…. Page: 4-6

CH 4: Arrival at Safe Haven…. Page: 6-8

CH 5: The Newcomer…. Page: 9-11

CH 6: Kill or be Killed…. Page: 11-13

CH 7: Getting back to Safety…. Page: 13-15

CH 8: New Conflict…. Page: 15-17

CH 9: The War Shall Continue…. Page: 17-20

CH 10: Virus Lab…. Page: 20-

A few things....  :)

1 Make your chapters longer

I had the same bs fed to me by the Spoonful's by my teacher too "don't want too many pages in each chapter, because then you're just going to lose your reader."

For starters what would you classify as enough? You cant, what your teacher said and mine is a bunch of crap, that has no proof and is opinion no fact. A two page chapter is not losing the reader.

Make a chapter as long as you think it needs to be.

Anyway, when is this series going to be typed up?

my English Teacher at the time said "You don't want too many pages in each chapter, because then you're just going to lose your reader." and I stuck with what she said.

I mean no disrespect to your teacher, as she no doubt said it with the best of intentions - but this is an absolutely terrible piece of advice. If your writing is good enough, and focused enough, chapters can be dozens of pages long and your readers will continue to hang on every word: equally, if your writing is weak or lacking focus, simply making chapters shorter isn't going to remedy that. I think perhaps what your teacher meant was that the more pages you put into a chapter, the greater the chance you have of going off-topic or losing focus, and so it's better to try and keep your chapters short and to the point rather than rambling.

I know I'm using the word 'focus' a lot, and it probably deserves an explanation. Basically, you need to know what the purpose of each chapter is; Do you want to use it to build a world? To develop a character? To introduce a new plot element? If you go into a chapter knowing exactly why you want to include it, and roughly what you want to happen in it - and more importantly, the content fits the purpose - then provided you stick to your plan, your chapter will have a lot of focus, and so you can make it as long or as short as you want. This way, you don't need to worry about adding unnecessary filler text, or removing interesting sections, in order to hit a certain number of pages.

A bigger concern would be that you're compressing your work too much. While it's theoretically possible to create deep characters, meaningful interaction, and satisfying arcs while using only four or five pages per chapter, there's a very real risk of everything feeling underdeveloped and shallow. While obviously it varies a lot according to genre, the average book can be anywhere from 70,000-150,000 words - and since you can have anywhere from about 250 to 400 words on a page, even assuming you're writing at 400 words a page and 5 pages a chapter, you're going to need to write 35 chapters to even hit the absolute minimum end of the spectrum.

I'm not saying all this to put you off, but to try and make the point that you really can't write your chapters with your mind on how long they are. Write them while thinking about your plot and your characters, and with a clear focus on what you want to do with every chapter.

• Like 2

Sounds like a good idea. Could you give us a basic run down of what these zombies can and can't do because otherwise, no disrespect to you, it sounds like a lot of other Zombie outbreaks and then, humans fighting off the zombies. A little more explanation on what your ideas are I think could possibly give yourself and everyone here a better understanding of why this book is not like anything else. 

A few things....  :)

1 Make your chapters longer

I had the same bs fed to me by the Spoonful's by my teacher too "don't want too many pages in each chapter, because then you're just going to lose your reader."

For starters what would you classify as enough? You cant, what your teacher said and mine is a bunch of crap, that has no proof and is opinion no fact. A two page chapter is not losing the reader.

Make a chapter as long as you think it needs to be.

Anyway, when is this series going to be typed up?

I have been typing it up since day one that this thread has been created :D

I mean no disrespect to your teacher, as she no doubt said it with the best of intentions - but this is an absolutely terrible piece of advice. If your writing is good enough, and focused enough, chapters can be dozens of pages long and your readers will continue to hang on every word: equally, if your writing is weak or lacking focus, simply making chapters shorter isn't going to remedy that. I think perhaps what your teacher meant was that the more pages you put into a chapter, the greater the chance you have of going off-topic or losing focus, and so it's better to try and keep your chapters short and to the point rather than rambling.

I know I'm using the word 'focus' a lot, and it probably deserves an explanation. Basically, you need to know what the purpose of each chapter is; Do you want to use it to build a world? To develop a character? To introduce a new plot element? If you go into a chapter knowing exactly why you want to include it, and roughly what you want to happen in it - and more importantly, the content fits the purpose - then provided you stick to your plan, your chapter will have a lot of focus, and so you can make it as long or as short as you want. This way, you don't need to worry about adding unnecessary filler text, or removing interesting sections, in order to hit a certain number of pages.

A bigger concern would be that you're compressing your work too much. While it's theoretically possible to create deep characters, meaningful interaction, and satisfying arcs while using only four or five pages per chapter, there's a very real risk of everything feeling underdeveloped and shallow. While obviously it varies a lot according to genre, the average book can be anywhere from 70,000-150,000 words - and since you can have anywhere from about 250 to 400 words on a page, even assuming you're writing at 400 words a page and 5 pages a chapter, you're going to need to write 35 chapters to even hit the absolute minimum end of the spectrum.

I'm not saying all this to put you off, but to try and make the point that you really can't write your chapters with your mind on how long they are. Write them while thinking about your plot and your characters, and with a clear focus on what you want to do with every chapter.

I get where you're coming from, but I don't write a whole lot, so I'm just taking it little by little until I get back into it, don't worry though, it's looking good so far :)

Sounds like a good idea. Could you give us a basic run down of what these zombies can and can't do because otherwise, no disrespect to you, it sounds like a lot of other Zombie outbreaks and then, humans fighting off the zombies. A little more explanation on what your ideas are I think could possibly give yourself and everyone here a better understanding of why this book is not like anything else. 

You will learn about them as soon as I'm done with the book! Just hang in there, sooner or later I'll be done.

• Like 1

^
^
^

To add to this. smile.png

Example of what Red was talking about: In the Star wars labyrinth of evil novel there is chapter with two pages.

At first it seemed stupid to me when I first began to read those two pages.

This chapter introduced us to General grievous.

In this one chapter alone you see Grievous tactical ruthlessness as he sacrifices hundreds of his forces just to see the capabilities of the new Republic star fighters. You see why he is named the Jedi hunter as you are introduced to his collection of Lightsabers.And you gets hints of his past of who he was before the Clone wars.

This chapter established, Who he is ( Supreme commander of the Droid armies ) What he is like ( A ruthless Jedi hunter who has brilliant yet ruthless tactical skill ) and what he hopes to accomplish ( Death of all Jedi for destroying his Home planet )

Simple but really effective, this short chapter really makes an impression on you because IT IS FOCUSED!

Caboose out.