Daily Credit Cap

Spectral Jester

Okay credit cap.

What are your thoughts on this.

Its currently running at 120,000cR a day

Are you happy with this? Are you unhappy with this?

The higher your rank the more credits you can earn, so for some of the higher ranks they can (believe it or not) hit the credit cap in 10-15 games (i know scary)

With a lot of members now getting to decent ranks, it is getting easier to hit 120,000cR in a day, so my question is

Get rid of Credit cap

Keep credit cap

Discuss ....

Okay credit cap.

What are your thoughts on this.

Its currently running at 120,000cR a day

Are you happy with this? Are you unhappy with this?

The higher your rank the more credits you can earn, so for some of the higher ranks they can (believe it or not) hit the credit cap in 10-15 games (i know scary)

With a lot of members now getting to decent ranks, it is getting easier to hit 120,000cR in a day, so my question is

Get rid of Credit cap

Keep credit cap

Discuss ....

they credit cap sucks! i hit it about every day!!

Take it off! Even if it is to prevent boosting, you're still giving the boosters 120,000 credits a day so why not just give the ******** more?

I reached it yesterday at like 8pm and was frustrated because I wanted to keep playing bungie day but didn't have much of a motive to without being rewarded by credits.

What I really want to know is the logic behind capping Inheritors too. HELLO!? The credits do nothing at that point. It's a matter a principle. I'm playing. I want my credits. PLEASE 343, get rid of the cap. It's far too low for high ranks. As Forerunner/Reclaimer, I've literally played for 9 hours AFTER hitting the cap. How is this fair to legit players if it was meant to stop boosters?

What I really want to know is the logic behind capping Inheritors too. HELLO!? The credits do nothing at that point. It's a matter a principle. I'm playing. I want my credits. PLEASE 343, get rid of the cap. It's far too low for high ranks. As Forerunner/Reclaimer, I've literally played for 9 hours AFTER hitting the cap. How is this fair to legit players if it was meant to stop boosters?

cap is low. i hit it everyday

I say get rid of it. Or increase it.

And ban and reset the boosters.

I mean, I'm a general grade 2. and grade 3 and 4 is both 150,000 cR so I can't level up in a day. I don't usually hit the credit limit anyway Because I try to wait til the challenges to reset before I go playing again. But if I do then I would be quite annoyed.

What is the actual point of the cap. To stop boosters. Or to make the game a very slow leveling process?.

If you get rid of it or Increase it to say 500,000 (even if that does sound excessive) people will be happier. Happier people = More people playing. As far as I see it.

Another thing. Challenges and Commendation bonuses (Silver, Gold, Onyx) should be exempt from the cap if they keep it. Challenges should be a bonus, not make people want to stop playing cause they hit the cap in an hour after they get the weekly. Commendation bonuses only happy once per commendation, so you shouldn't miss them if you're playing while capped.

I would say keep it. BUT, it needs a lot of changing. Each rank has their own credit cap, that would actually be hard to hit unless you literally played ALL day. This would make it so each rank has a specefic cap, that is hard to hit. I've only hit the cap twice, and I just became a Hero. I hit it on Bungie Day, and the day after Bungie Day. But I'm gradually going to start earning more credits, so I think the cap should be raised. Maybe each Rank System has their own Cap. Like all Colonels have this, All Generals have this, all Warrant Officers have this. Maybe even do it for the higher ranks. Field Marshall, Hero and Legend have this, etc. Probably not though.

• 2 months later...

When you make it to Inheritor then it doesn't matter anymore. I am finding that it is difficult, now that I am an Inheritor, to play Halo Reach at all anymore. Yes, it is a ***** to deal with the cap when you are trying to rank up, I dealt with it for just over one year but, it is not a good idea to get rid of it when you have so many players AFK. Patience and endurance, that's what it takes, not getting rid of the cap.

I actually have hit the credit cap only a couple of times. i just don't have the time and a high rank to reach it. and by the time i get the rank to get it, ill be hooked on a different game. or halo 4 will already be out.i can see why people want it gone though. and i agree with them

i say once CEA comes out they should increase the cap. not totally remove the cap, but increase it to like 200k or something. i've noticed since i've been going up in rank it's not too difficult to hit the cap. i hit it yesterday after about 15-20 games. then what do you do. it's kind of pointless to keep playing.

i say once CEA comes out they should increase the cap. not totally remove the cap, but increase it to like 200k or something. i've noticed since i've been going up in rank it's not too difficult to hit the cap. i hit it yesterday after about 15-20 games. then what do you do. it's kind of pointless to keep playing.

could always play for fun and enjoyment

perfect example. 9 hours of gaming after they hit the credit cap. how long were you playing before that happened? like **** thats ridiculous.

This is the problem, I believe, with credit system in general. Instead of playing for a skilled rank players have become addicted to chasing credits and when the max out for the day they usually see no reason to play anymore that day. BirdieJuice makes that point for me. If there was no cap or a higher cap they would rank up so fast they would again loose interest in the game because they were maxed out. There has to be a system that reflects actual skill instead of playing time.

When you soundly beat a 50 in H2 or H3, and weren't highly skilled, you could assume they had bought the account or were on their big brothers. Now when you beat an Reclaimer/Forerunner into the ground you beat an someone that never learned how to play the game. This resembles the beating of a social general that had a rank that truly never compared to the real rank of general earned overall or in ranked play.

There has to be a completely new system in future games or something akin to previous ones. It will show that 343ind. has listened to the majority of the Halo fans give real meaning to the ranks we achieve.

Sorry for getting just a bit off topic, but.......

P.S. I referred earlier to the "OP" in my response, has been corrected.

Edited by Absolute Dog