Hit detection issues in original Halo 2

Colonl Charisma

I've been experiencing a ridiculous amount of hit detection problems in the MCC with the original Halo 2. Is anyone else experiencing these? I've not only experienced it with the BR but also the sniper rifle. I'm getting the yellowish/whitish flash mark that appears with a "hit" but nothing happens to the shield of my opponent. I played Halo 2 competitively back in the day and played intermittently throughout the years even after the servers were shutoff. I've never experienced this before and I always tried to play without host.

It's normal for this to happen.  I can only assume that because of the platform differences between the Xbox One and the Xbox O/360, that the playing of it will be slightly different.  You need to lead your opponent slightly to compensate for any lag.  Similar to the leading method needed in Halo 1 PC.  As a rule, you should always be slightly leading your opponent anyway.