Petition to bring Halo 2 Anniversary to PC

A friend started it, so I thought I could share it here, in case someone could find it interesting:

https://www.change.org/es/peticiones/microsoft-game-studios-please-release-halo-2-anniversary-on-pc-just-like-the-original

Would you like that?

Edited by RedStarRocket91
Link confirmed safe under rule 1F.

Why do you want Halo 2A? Why not a GOOD PC port of all the PC games with proper modding tools and proper dedication to PC

frankly the whole message of your petition isn't going to get 343i's attention. Your friends petition doesn't seem convincing at all

• 2 weeks later...

I think Microsoft is a pretty cool guy. Eh ignores PC Gamers and doesnt afraid of anything.

xAj2r.jpg

Lets review, shall we?

-Microsoft loves PC Gamers but cannot be bothered to sell us new games. If we are lucky we are rewarded with terrible ports that run slow, even on modern hardware, they really care about us guys. They've been telling us so for the last seven years, any day now...

bungie7-1.jpg

-Microsoft loves us so much they will port old games to Steam! Games we already paid for are ready for us to purchase again!

halo-trilogy-steam.png

-Microsoft understands that we want Halo on PC:

(...but we do not deserve it and the time is not right, nor will it ever be)

Introducing Halo Combat Evolved PC; a game that will run like molasses on pretty much any PC at time of release.

Introducing Halo Custom Edition; we apologize for getting your hopes up, it was actually Gearbox who created Custom Edition....without them we never would have released such an awesome Editing Kit, in fact we never would have provided any HEK what-so-ever. They really made us look bad by giving the player so much power and we are very sorry for it. The fan should never be able to make his own encounters, what were they thinking? How are we supposed to charge for DLC when the fans can just make thier own assets? No, this will not fly, next time we will lock that Editing Kit down, we promise.

h2v_Hogan.jpg

Introducing Halo 2 Vista; such an amazing port it requires hardware from the future to get a decent frame rate. Now you can pay more to play online, now you can make new maps and weapons and, oh wait, we decided to lobotomize the Halo 2 Editing Kit because reasons that we will never speak of publicly. Ah but we did include nudity in the final code, thats right, now when you try and learn how to make a map you will be rewarded with a Microsoft employees behind. Another satisfied customer. The fun doesn't end there, we vow to shut down the team behind the game almost immediately. And when the game crashing starts, we will straight out ignore it, we won't even patch it out even when you supply us the exact details on said crash. That is our guarantee to ignore you; the customer.

Never thinking towards the future; we put Vista in the title so as to further confuse our customers. Now users of Windows 7 & 8 will not even think the game works on their OS, genius! Then we limited the amount of activations per PC so you have the option of buying the game again, weeee! Then we broke Mic support, and we swear; we will never fix it. When you call our support line you can talk to an automated voice, neat-o! AND, if you get a real employee to talk to you they will lie to you, making up stories about future Halo PC titles that will never really come out, we are so classy.

Dat_ASS_Error_animated.gif

Introducing Halo: Spartan Assault; a Halo game lacking the Master Chief, a decent story, any connection to previous Halo PC releases, or FPS mechanics in general. Co-Op? Who needs that garbage? PC gamers don't play local or online co-op...why would they want this feature, co-op is the kind of thing that can only be done on inferior hardware with a TV and a sofa. PC Gamers lack sofas and TVs, everyone knows that. Psssh, a PC Gamer with friends and a gamepad...?...noob please.

Halo-Spartan-Assault-over-70-off-until-A

We put XBox on the PC, but minus the games! We know you want the games, but no! Just no.

-Microsoft loves us so much they want to keep G4WL around, not in any usable condition mind you. Now, for the first time ever, you will be able to connect to the G4WL Marketplace and not have the ability to download any of our Halo PC games because we never bothered to make digital download versions of them. No, that would make it far too easy and make too much sense. Here at Microsoft we are committed to over-promising and under-delivering. Have you ever heard the phrase, "to pull a Molyneux."? We owned that guy until even he could not stand the intoxicating levels of incompetence, pandering, and double-speak leaking from our collective mouth piece.

Even our own studios are jumping ship to Steam, but you wouldn't know it if you just listen to what our Marketing Team has to say. We are into PC Gaming for the long haul, new game releases to be announced....eventually....perhaps in a few years.

Clarity is only for Xbox users. Nothing but misdirection and shadow puppets for the PC Elitists!

"When 343 says that the have no plans for releasing it on pc they mean microsoft doesnt let us because halo is the only thing that sells xbox. It aint gonna happen, stop asking go play your other pc master race games."

-A real anonymous Halo (XBox) Fan

xboxliverage.jpg

-Microsoft is so into PC Gaming, like whoa, its so cool, we made XBox 360 Gamepads work with Windows! A gamepad on a PC, its unheard of! Good luck finding a first party wireless dongle sucker. Hey, remember that SideWinder line of PC gamepads, joysticks, and other gaming accessories we used to make? And then we discontinued support for most of them and the drivers? Yeah that never happened, don't talk about it. But look, we took all that research and made the XBox gamepad (AKA the Duke). What an innovation!

51SAAYYMB9L._SY300_.jpg

-Microsoft is proud to introduce the XBox One Gamepad drivers for Windows PCs! Enjoy your games like never before; wireless support! Who needs that? Games to play, who needs that? Look if you want games we have all the games on XBox, why would anyone want to play games on a PC?

14348721514_c45bbd6650.jpg

Behold an enigma

A wireless gamepad that cannot be used without a mini-USB cable thus negating the entire point of a wireless controller.

A Surface PC without Disc Drive running Halo 2 Vista: Super Cool Guy Edition (aka ******* Child Edition)

Who needs wireless? Who needs a playerbase? Who plays on PC anyways?

No, the only reason for PCs is to hide at E3 and pretend they are consoles. It is known. They hide in the back of the building where they belong.

scumbag_microsoft.jpg

-Microsoft is amazed with PC Gaming and has reaffirmed their commitment for the last seven years. Thats a long time and shows they really care, it is also Bungie's magic number and not ironic at all. Not even a little.

-Microsoft is severely (insanely even) proud to announce.....nothing for PC gamers at E3, like ever. You see, PC Games are not welcome at E3. E3 is for consoles, didn't you get the memo?

-Microsoft is going to release a remake of a port of an update to the first Fable. Thats right; you can re-buy and replay the same game from 10 years ago! Now with more random crashing and glitches that were not even in the original. Who needs sequels? Cowabunga dudes! Enjoy playing with your old toys, oh and PC Gamers, no new presents for Christmas, but....maybe next year, or even the year after.

Bungie co-founder: "Nobody wants to" play FPS games with mouse and keyboard

"We limited players to two weapons, we gave them recharging health, we automatically saved and restored the game -- almost heretical things to first-person shooters at the time. We made the game run without a mouse and keyboard. And now nobody plays shooters the way they used to play them before Halo 'cause nobody wants to."

-Jason Jones of Bungie

The wrong way!

mousekeyboard.jpg

The right way!

qwerty-xbox-360.jpg

“Hardly anyone plays first-person shooters on the PC anymore.”

-Kudo Tsunoda of Microsoft’s Kinect Team

tsunodaderp.jpg

This seems like a good time to remind you that...I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't let you do that. Where do you want to go today?

Hey who likes ads everywhere? We know you do, so we put more ads in our ads so you can enjoy our ads even more.

XBOX / XBOX 360 / XBOX ONE / XBOX 063 / XOBX? It seems pretty obvious when you think about it.

xboxonejpg-884f19_1280w.jpg

This Public Service Rant brought to you by the fine people of H2MT.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant post by Kills_Alone!

While I agree that 343 industries should port the Halo series properly back to PC, I think the petition could be structured better.

The simple fact that the Master Chief Collection is being made available for XBox One means it should be extremely easy to port to PC, as the architectures are now largely identical and Windows has the same basic libraries, Direct3D etc. This means the only real work needed is to make sure that keyboard and mouse are supported properly on all titles, and maybe give us a proper editor again, though I'm not so fussy on that point as while the Forge is a lot less capable, it is also a lot more accessible, even if it still needs a ton of improvements. The main thing is to get the games, and a means of playing them with friends (ideally locally, not enough PC titles support this) and online.

I just can't understand why they wouldn't do this; it'd easily make back the cost of porting the titles and more, and it's not like it's encouraging competitors as it'd still be limited to Windows (so more money for Microsoft). This means it'd never be available to Steam OS machines except by streaming from a Windows computer, or dual booting Windows, either way the user is paying for and using a windows license somewhere into the bargain. While I'd love to see it sold via Steam, Microsoft could just as easily sell it through their own Windows Store. They wouldn't even really need to sell the PC port(s) on disk, as downloads are plenty popular now (in fact it's the main medium for PC games now) so that's another cost avoided.

Otherwise it's just a huge shame; I got into Halo with Halo 3, but now have every title available for the 360, which means I'm still missing Halo 2 which is now skipping the 360 entirely (thanks 343!). But I'm not interested in buying an XBox One purely for Halo 2 anniversary edition and Halo 5 (or at all), so I'm most likely switching back to PC as my main gaming machine (albeit a compact console-like system like the Alienware Alpha). I guess that means I can play Halo 2 at last, but none of the more recent (or future) titles. The huge assortment of other non-Microsoft PC games ought to ease my suffering considerably, but it's the perfect example of lost sales for no reason; hell, I'd be buying a second copy of many of the games, but I wouldn't mind if it meant I could play it on a proper PC, as I'm not going back to a locked-in console ecosystem.

• Like 1