Wolfenstein: STOLEN

Bethesda Studios is starting to worry.

A leak from a pirating website called TorrentFreak has release information to the public

that Bethesda's new game Wolfenstein:The New Order has been pirated over 100,000 times since it's recent

release.

This number is impressive since the majority of players would be reluctant to play it because of its MASSIVE 42

GB DOWNLOAD.

There are many who purchase from steam and in stores, but to few for Bethesda to not sweat about it.

It was featured on steam last week as #1 downloaded game since it's release on May 20 for all gaming formats

(PC, BOTH XBOXS, BOTH PLAYSTATIONS), before being bumped down to #2 due to the well anticipated

release of the hit game Watch Dogs. Now today, it's still at a cozy #5 ranking.

Will Bethesda do anything about the excessive pirating? Is there anything they CAN DO?

All rights to Gamespot.com

Link to the article - http://www.gamespot.com/articles/report-wolfenstein-the-new-order-pirated-more-than-100-000-times/1100-6419911/

Wolfenstein-The-New-Order.png

Edited by Vinyl Scratch

I feel that being pirated 100,000 could be a really high number, but it doesn't help that Bethesda/Zenimax doesn't release how many copies of the game they have sold.

I feel that a lot of people like myself want to try it out, but do not want to shell out $60 for it. (Except I haven't pirated it)

Dont bother. The game is worth maybe $20. I was highly dissapointed with the first hour of play. Its sloppy and they make no effort to guide players. The gameplay is like playing Dragon's Layer. Certain objectives and situations rely on you having to figure out how to escape or how to gwt through an area. Needless to say, i died 12 times after the first mission started because thwy failed to direct the player. Cant imagine the rest of the levels are any easier.

• Like 1

Pirating can't be stopped and if you attempt to stop or limit pirating you will also hurt other services of the internet that require peer to peer connections as well.

A lot of people pirate just to see if the game is worth buying and will buy the game if they like it. And only 100,000 pirates for a game that popular? pshhh I bet ten times more people actually bought the game.

Needless to say, i died 12 times after the first mission started because thwy failed to direct the player. Cant imagine the rest of the levels are any easier.

I played it and they directed the player just fine. If you want bad player direction try classic FPS games that have that maze like level design. 

This new game didn't even keep the maze like structure of classic FPS games and went for a more linear approach which is dead easy to follow. It could be you were so disinterested that even the level design bothered you(which is fine you are allowed to hate anything you want about the game it is your opinion)

• Like 1

The beginning part where you exit the plane and hqve to get passed that mech dog...i died 12 times before i got passed it. They didnt teqch me to run and slide, and they gave me no waypoint. Thats bqd direction concidering they give you all of 7 seconds before the dog comes in and kills you. Aside from that, after you destroy the first turret bunker, the game kept glitching and I couldnt exit it. The door wouldnt open and even restarting didnt fix it.

Poor design, poor direction, and the whole game felt like every other fps opening. Crashing in a vehicle, defending against a hord of invading enemies, etc. I do hate it....glad I didnt pay for it.