Double shot, BxR, BxB for Halo 5... "Please read."

Halo 2:

Hello, 343 Industries and 343 fans. This is about what many, and I do mean MANY long time Halo players want. In all the Halo games (including  Halo 4) Halo 2 has always been the number one Halo game. We have been looking for the double shots, the BxRs, the BxBs... The kinds of things that made Halo 2 what it was. In our eyes "speaking for many players" we all agree that these " Glitch's " should be back into Halo. These things are honestly what made Halo 2 so fun and so skillful not only those things... But made it so addicting. I can not stress enough how many people want a Halo 2 Remake... There would be so many MLG games going on with the this and many people would come back to Halo. I mean look.. 14 Players stayed on the Halo 2 servers so they would not be shut down for a solid 3 weeks! If that is not showing dedication to that game then I do not know what to say to you. But with this next Halo game..... Please be smart about it. Halo 2 will always be the best Halo ever made. 

Thanks, 

- Sincerely, Halo players that actually love the game. 

Hey man, I agree with you, we need some aspects of the old games to come back and we do want a Halo 2 remake.

But we are not actually 343 we are just a community that likes Halo, check out Waypoint for 343i. Feel free to stay here though!

Halo 2:

Hello, 343 Industries and 343 fans. This is about what many, and I do mean MANY long time Halo players want. In all the Halo games (including  Halo 4) Halo 2 has always been the number one Halo game. We have been looking for the double shots, the BxRs, the BxBs... The kinds of things that made Halo 2 what it was. In our eyes "speaking for many players" we all agree that these " Glitch's " should be back into Halo. These things are honestly what made Halo 2 so fun and so skillful not only those things... But made it so addicting. I can not stress enough how many people want a Halo 2 Remake... There would be so many MLG games going on with the this and many people would come back to Halo. I mean look.. 14 Players stayed on the Halo 2 servers so they would not be shut down for a solid 3 weeks! If that is not showing dedication to that game then I do not know what to say to you. But with this next Halo game..... Please be smart about it. Halo 2 will always be the best Halo ever made. 

Thanks, 

- Sincerely, Halo players that actually love the game. 

14 players stayed on Halo 2 just to play it while the other million or so players went on to Halo 3 and Reach and Halo 4 and stuff.

No please.

If you like Halo 2 so much, go back and play it. Time and time again we've seen that you can, even now that they've shut down Halo 2 servers. Any true dedicated fans would probably do so.

Yes, Halo 2 was a good game. No, Halo 2 will never be the Best Halo ever made because that is a subjective opinion and not an objective fact and can never ever be so.

Yes, Halo 2 was addicting. No, it most probably wasn't because there were abusable glitches in it. Did it make gameplay 'skillful'? Yes, you could argue that, but being able to press B, then X, then B isn't exactly something I see as 'skillful' compared to map control, good aiming, tactical play and using your brain. 

Bring back elements? Yes. I, for one, believe that the ranking systems of Halo 2/3 that required skill to get a higher rank was a godlike system that was the very pure reason as to why the game lasted so long. An MLG playlist made that even better. But not button combos. 

TL;DR - Halo 2 was a great game. No doubt about it. But it certainly couldn't have been the BEST ever halo game, otherwise it would still be sold, people will still be playing it tons, etc. I want elements of Halo 2 in new games because those elements made Halo 2 something that would be great - but I don't want Halo 2 back. I want something new, not something old.

(Button Combos don't make a game, yeah?)

And since it's an intro topic, welcome to the site.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know button combos are widely considered competitive, but they are actually mistakes that Bungie did not intend to be in the game. In fact, one of Bungies "hints" in Halo 2's matchmaking lobby said that bxr is cheating. And IIRC, Bungie eventually patched out the button glitches because they never wanted them to be a part of the game in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I like competition, and I'm sure everyone has a little competitiveness inside of them. But like someone above me said about "wavedashing" and "L canceling" in Super Smash Bros, a lot of competitive communities take unintended mistakes of game developers in games and blow them way out of proportion to the point where they are hosting tournaments based on who can abuse and exploit these mistakes the best.

I'll use smash bros as an example again, but Project M is a perfect example of the competitive community going way too far with glorifying unintentional mistakes. Not only did the makers of Project M put glitches like wavedash L cancel back into the game after Nintendo just finished taking them out, but they built the whole game around glitches like those. Sure, they fixed some imbalances between the characters and items and brought back a few removed characters from the last game. But the entry level for Project M is so high in terms of competitive play, that casuals seeking competition are turned off by the fact that Smash went from a fun button-mashing party game to a competitive game based on who presses the right chain of buttons the best and at the right time, and if players don't know how to carry out such techniques, or just aren't that good at them, they are unable to do anything as they are juggled around and have their butt handed to them. As a long time fan of smash bros, I personally was not impressed with the direction Project M decided to take, competitive or not.