CONFIRMED: Next Halo is Incorporating armor abilities!!!!!!!

Rumerboy

I just read an online news article about leaked info on halo 4. Apparently people from 343 leaked that there will be armor abilities and the gap in time between halo 3 and 4 will explain why. I DO NOT WANT ARMOR ABILITIES. And I don't not like them because of just armor lock, I hate the whole idea of them in general. They'd be good if they were used like equipment in halo 3 were you have to find them and they're only usable for a one-time go. Or just bring back equipment and forget the entire armor abilities thing. What do you think?

http://www.gamercenteronline.net/2011/06/25/halo-4-to-incorporate-reach-elements/

• Like 2

All AAs are fine but i can't stand armor lock, it pisses my off when people just hide in it when they should be fighting

Yeah, I went through that phase, too. Agrivating, till I learned how to deal with it. Now, when people do that, I get more kills.

• Like 1

I completely agree. This sounds like they have basically gone "This is what halo reach had, lets just use that, maybe add one or 2 things". That is definately not what i want halo 4 to be about. I want them to take the best bits from every game and then build on that, with their own unique blend. I know it's early to say, but i feel this is the beginning of a very bad slope for people's hopes of what the game will provide.

I mean i know i will still buy the game, so microsoft will still get their bucks, but i would still be severely dissapointed if it is a reach gameplay remake. I personally don't mind some of the aa's but also dislike many aspects of them, and much preferred equipment.

It is obviously the case that microsoft have seen that reach was the most successful game in terms of sales, that they think that is what everyone wants/ means they can appeal to the widest audience. Definately dissapointed by this news, but again, we'll just have to see how it pans out.

Yea i can agree there are good points. But i loved the element that equipment provided in that it was on the map. It required teamwork to get and utilise effectively.

The camo and overshield were a fundamental part of maps. the halo reach camo aa ruined camo, and was one of my least favourite aa's (along with armour lock).

This makes me very sad... This goes completely against common knowledge that a Spartan would be able to sprint for a very long time- that any MJOLNIR can lock down when falling from great height (And thus they would be stuck in locked armour until they were unlocked), That 0G are not incorporated in MJOLNIR armour MKVI or V variants (Halo: Fall of Reach/ First Strike/2 Cairo Station). As much as I liked the Drop Shield, If Spartans needed extra shielding, they stole Jackal Shields...

To see Armour Abilities makes me very, vary sad...

That said, If they are incorporating things from Reach- including Team A.Is - We may see Gray Team (Jai, Adriana and Mike from Halo: The Cole Protocol) :D

There goes that old Halo feeling ....

Don't get me wrong I am fine with in Reach AA, but I really don't like the way this is going.

^Pretty much the same words I would have said..^

It hurts to know the only game you really wanna play will never be made again...

Heres to hopes for a remake of Halo 2 with no Bull****. :drinks:

Unless they make the AA very limited/as in can't use them at will all the damn time, I might buy Halo 4.

I wouldn't mind. Each ability can be countered very easily. If you're cloaked, someone may have seen you go invisible, and your radar jams up to so you don't know if they're sneaking up on you. AL, just stand back and time a grenade perfectly. Evade, they can't shoot while doing it, same with Sprint, those actually can't really be countered as they just improve speed. I like them. Jet-Pack, they're in the open, get a needler. Drop shield, Get a shotgun. AA's are ok for me. I actually am not sure about them being pick ups. Think about it, everyone would just rush for them. Atleast make them one time use then, not unlimited in Halo: Reach, unless they are given as loadouts.