Neglected Subjects and Ideas

Kevin Dykstra

List 3 things with short explanations you would like to see in Halo 5, that haven't been mentioned often:

1. Better forge - make building pieces Forerunner, not UNSC, make flatter textures and normal edges with less bright colours, curved edges make for weird connections and magnets don't fix it, try prevent overlap glitches, corners are GOOD. Reach had good enough forge, all that was need was a graphics boost.

2. Talking Covenant? It was a good feature, they replaced with random noises, I don't know whether they actually spoke English before or if Masterchief's suit translated, but there is no reason for removing the feature plot-wise, adds some comedic break as well as possibility for Easter eggs, Halo 3 and 3 ODST did this very well.

3. Race Mode - This ties in with forge as it was hard to make good race maps with the new 'helpful' features. Completely left out, not only does it allow for a break from the normal shooting, it attracts people who are on the fence to buy Halo (I have multiple friends who bought Reach after I told them that) and it attracts people to forge, which also appeals to more people.

P.s. I'm not a Reach fanboy, but it was the best it could be for what it could use, except for the Revenant, that was just a garbage addition.

1. More Armor Abilities.

I personally like Armor Abilities, but I don't really like the Armor Abilities in Halo 4, apart from a few. I want Halo 5 to see a revival of unique Armor Abilities that vary greatly in diversity while still keeping the game balanced.

2. Halo Reach-style armor variants.

Don't get me wrong, I love skins and think they can really make a set of armor, but having variants helps make a player feel more unique than a special design over a generic armor type.

3. Forerunner vehicles.

This may not be something that hasn't received attention already, but I really want it. Little is known about the forerunners and having equipment designed and specifically engineered for the forerunner race would go a long ways in helping us truly understand this race the Covenant held in such high regard.

1. Firefight Forge

This explains itself

2. Level editor

Make your own campaign like in Halo CE PC and H2V but this time for consoles!

3. Better Machinima support

More stuff like greenscreens how about the ability to change weather/skybox. More cool stuff like that.

4. Play as different species/soldiers

I had to add a 4th one sorry this just needs to be an official feature.

-Gangster Grunts

-Flood Firefight(bring back some ODST maps)(add a gangster grunt skull)

-@Bnus great idea. campaign editor!

-neat design feature. i want forge to feature a hyper-sphere placement. you select 2 vertices  of your handled object and place them on a sphere. this will fix the issue with ramps where you cant put them at certain angles. 

I have one thing really. Massive battle scale. I mean MASSIVE. The battles will use more explosives and have lots of death. Enemy squads will have the same formation (1 major elite, 1 minor elite, 3 jackals, 3 grunts) but have multiple squads. The squads of marines will be more plentiful and blood will be everywhere. 

1. Space Combat. Preferably built off of the concept of Reach's Long Night of Solace level, but with larger capital ships, objectives that must be destroyed/captured on the opposing team's ship, and the option for infantry to launch into space if they want to opt out of taking a starfighter. Think in terms of Star Wars Battlefront 2 space battles, plus everything you wish you could do in SWBF2's space battles, plus Halo.

2. Every weapon/vehicle in the campaign should be available in forge. I dont care if it is as useless as a shade turret, or as overpowered as a scarab gun. If it's in campaign, it should be in forge. It still kills me that the AA Wraith and shade arent in Halo 3 forge, the grenade launcher falcon, multiple shade turret variants, and target locator arent in Reach's forge, and the broadsword isnt in Halo 4's forge (especially since 343 even gave us a forge map in outer space).

3. Elite armor customization. Every game after Halo 3 has downgraded Elite customization in some way. We went from elites that were equally as customizable as spartans in Halo 3, to limited elite sets and a wider selection of spartan armor pieces in Reach, to no customizable or playable elites at all in Halo 4.

1. Space Combat. Preferably built off of the concept of Reach's Long Night of Solace level, but with larger capital ships, objectives that must be destroyed/captured on the opposing team's ship, and the option for infantry to launch into space if they want to opt out of taking a starfighter. Think in terms of Star Wars Battlefront 2 space battles, plus everything you wish you could do in SWBF2's space battles, plus Halo.

3. Elite armor customization. Every game after Halo 3 has downgraded Elite customization in some way. We went from elites that were equally as customizable as spartans in Halo 3, to limited elite sets and a wider selection of spartan armor pieces in Reach, to no customizable or playable elites at all in Halo 4.

1. I made a ship called the UMS Ultra Carrier. It is twice as large and will serve as Jul 'Mdama's base of operations up until the end of Halo 6. Its dimensions are 2x bigger than the long night of solace and can even hold a fleet. 

I also made an idea for a multiplayer mode where you have ultra massive maps with many sections, each the size of a Crysis level. One map go from the deep caves 1500 feet down with harvesters raiding UNSC bases, to up in the sky where Longswords take out a Covenant Corvette. The servers will be made for 130 player teams and has 2 sides. The UNSC and Covenant. 

3. I made an idea for a preorder exclusive for elites called "Heretic" It gives them heretic armor that can use the colors brown, red, orange, gold, yellow, tan. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...