Analyzing Halo 2 Anniversary- Could It Be?

VinWarrior

So recently a slue of rumors and hints at a Halo 2 Anniversary have flown at us, here, I analyze these and tally up what's true and what's false to see if Halo 2 Anniversary might really be on it's way!

Beginning, we look at the rumor that started it all. The rumor itself came from Neogaf from a very respected user who has been correct before. Here, he states that Halo 2 Anniversary will be on it's way for a November 2014 release, with Halo 5 coming a year later. This seems respectably accurate, it would be the tenth anniversary, and would follow the same release pattern as past 343i Titles. It would fit the time frame like Halo 4 and Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary did, as Anniversary came out in 2011 (It's own ten year anniversary) and Halo 4 followed a year later. So this does seem to be in order for the most part. While the times would seem to be correct, they're just times. This is a rumor from Neogaf after all, just because the user has been right before doesn't mean they are right now. While we can't say for sure if this is a confirmed true or false yet, it is extremely plausible and does assist other similar rumors with their own theories. 

post-26953-0-28738100-1391546537_thumb.jpg

Next, we have the Microsoft team's reactions. Now, remember the disc-less Xbox One rumor, actually from the same user as above, and how Microsoft immediately put those rumors to rest with a simple "No"? Well, if the above rumor were false, why wouldn't they do the same? As evidenced, the company has no problem denying leaks and rumors like the disc-less Xbox One, so why not do the same for Halo 2 Anniversary if it is false? It makes no sense, unless the rumors are in fact, true, or the idea is being shot around at 343i and Microsoft Studios, which it obviously is. There's no way something this fan requested hasn't been brought up at their respective headquarters', not to mention be in the development stage already. So if Microsoft is once again pulling up their "No Comment" card for this leak, could it mean that the rumor was true and Halo 2 Anniversary is in the works? Until something official, we have no 100% sure answer.

post-26953-0-42091800-1391546614_thumb.jpg

This has to be one of the most controversial hints at the title, Major Nelson's reference to I Love Bees, if you remember the Halo 2 ARG back during 2004, I Love Bees, you remember it was a huge hit with Halo's already massive cult following. Now with an even larger fan-base, it's not easy to doubt that this idea hasn't been brought around to be redone. Titanfall did something similar with it's websites encoded in Binary during a modded commercial, same with Halo 2 during 2004, when a trailer was modified to show the I Love Bees' website at the bottom briefly. Major Nelson did in fact reference his love for bees in a twitter post, complimenting them on their "organization" with other smaller details, this has to be a clear I Love Bees reference, unless Larry Hyrb has some weird liking for Bees we don't know about. The fanbase for this idea is beyond belief, and Microsoft knows that, so, why wouldn't they jump on a chance like this?

post-26953-0-76088300-1391546699_thumb.jpg

Now, this is going to probably sadden a lot of people, but the recent Pre-Order bonus listing is likely fake, I mean, the box art is ripped straight from DeviantART. Microsoft themselves did comment on this though, with:

"Other than confirming that your Halo journey on Xbox One begins in 2014, we have made no announcements related to specific titles,"

Could this once again be Microsoft once again waving the key in our faces but not telling us what's in the box? We know that we will receive a Halo in November, and stacking up the anniversary of Halo 2, with a loving fanbase, and so much business in this offer, there is no doubt in my mind that we should expect a Halo 2 Anniversary this November.

Credits to F1yingPinapp1e, Ohsneezeme, and Danvvadedav on DeviantART for the Artwork.

• Like 7

Wow. So far you have ceased to amaze me with your new articles. There has to be a place for you on the news team after this month of being MoM. You deserve it I think.

I know! I mean, damn he just keeps rolling out one great article after another! I need to start sending him a pay check! 

Thank you Edward!  ^_^

• Like 1

That is a really good analysis man :)

I could tell the above pictures of the Case were already fake without knowing they were on DeviantArt until I read the end, but the bottom picture is really convincing. That's from DevART too right?

Anyway I know the thing is fake, but here are my thoughts on the case (however obvious they are). If they had released the art for the box, it would probably have an updated version of the Halo 2 (maybe Halo 3) MK VI instead of Halo 4's VI (or VII... no one really made it clear to me if it still was VI...)...

Anyway those are my dumb thoughts, and keep up with the good articles man ;)

• Like 2

I am not all that excited about it even if it were true. While Halo 2 was a fun game it wasn't my favorite. That and things were so broken in that game (made it fun) that if they do remake it then all of those broken things will be "fixed" and it will just be a bunch of complaining about how it is not anywhere near like the original Halo 2.