Xbox One Halo sequel to be named Halo next?

Ghost Recon

Xbox One’s Halo Sequel to be named ‘Halo Next’?

Halo-Xbox-One-Reveal-021-600x250.jpg

Posted by Darrius Judge on 08 Jan 2014

So this one is a bit interesting. While we’ve all assumed that the newest Halo would be named Halo 5, continuing the numbered sequel system that has been a staple of the series with the exception of Halo Reach, the Official Xbox Magazine seems to have different read on the situation. On the latest issue of the magazine, multiple Xbox One games are named on the cover including Watch Dogs, Dragon Age III, Fable Legends and “Halo Next.”

Check it out (courtesy of Future Publishing):

BdanVsaCIAABcla-325x428.jpg

Now, this could just be the way the publication is referring to Xbox One’s first original Halo game, but the fact that we’ve never seen it reffered to in that context before is certainly intriguing. If it were solely a placeholder, you’d think at the very least that it would be listed a “Halo 5″ or simply “Halo,” the former of which has seemed to be the accepted working title of the game.

Do you think “Halo Next” could be the title of Xbox One’s first original Halo? Sound off below!

- See more at: http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/01/08/xbox-ones-halo-sequel-to-be-named-halo-next/69099/#sthash.Kdeog67l.dpuf

I hope it is not called Halo Next because it sounds strange, I hope it is called Halo 5 so the game can continue with the numbers.

"Halo : Next (gen)" would be my guess... That might be what they were going for... Or it was a typo, or the naming department at Microsoft got bored. I can see no logical reason as to why, they would call it just "Halo Next". Unless they have something up there sleeve, or its a placeholder name used to stir up conversation and build up hype... There is no such thing as bad publicity. All publicity is good. Just ask Miley Cyrus, or look at Grand theft Auto 5.

Oh dear God it better not be called Halo Next.

I know Microsoft owns the rights but Halo: Next sounds like one of those terrible marketing gimmicks to sell the next OS, tablet, whatever to technologically illiterate hipsters. You know, the ones that think they understand software because they created their own tumblr layout and believe Apple is the superior source of personal computers.

Oh dear God it better not be called Halo Next.

I know Microsoft owns the rights but Halo: Next sounds like one of those terrible marketing gimmicks to sell the next OS, tablet, whatever to technologically illiterate hipsters. You know, the ones that think they understand software because they created their own tumblr layout and believe Apple is the superior source of personal computers.

Being rude doesn't solve anything. You have your opinion just don't be an a** about it. Thank you :)

And as for Halo Next, I honestly think that (unless it's a side game like Halo Wars or Halo ODST) it should stick with Halo 5.

Being rude doesn't solve anything. You have your opinion just don't be an a** about it. Thank you :)

And as for Halo Next, I honestly think that (unless it's a side game like Halo Wars or Halo ODST) it should stick with Halo 5.

First, I wasn't being rude.

Second, as I said previously, behave like an adult, or I'm going to hit the report button. You've been angry about an argument we had in another thread for days, and replied negatively to almost every post I've made since then. 

Get your junk together dude, you've got issues.

First, I wasn't being rude.

Second, as I said previously, behave like an adult, or I'm going to hit the report button. You've been angry about an argument we had in another thread for days, and replied negatively to almost every post I've made since then. 

Get your junk together dude, you've got issues.

Lol. I'm not angry or mad at anything. I'm pointing out your rude tone and asking you to not be an ass (as I've done to others when needed).

Lol. I'm not angry or mad at anything. I'm pointing out your rude tone and asking you to not be an *** (as I've done to others when needed).

In the interest of peace and tranquility I'm not going to tear into you for everything that's horribly wrong with that statement, however, I would like to point out that you are derailing another thread.

Reiterating: I don't like the title Halo Next, because I think it sounds terribly kitschy. I think Halo 5 would be fine, but another title like Halo: Inquisition would also work just fine. Not that one specifically, but something to acknowledge that John is going on a lone wolf adventure for personal reasons.

In the interest of peace and tranquility I'm not going to tear into you for everything that's horribly wrong with that statement, however, I would like to point out that you are derailing another thread.

Reiterating: I don't like the title Halo Next, because I think it sounds terribly kitschy. I think Halo 5 would be fine, but another title like Halo: Inquisition would also work just fine. Not that one specifically, but something to acknowledge that John is going on a lone wolf adventure for personal reasons.

First, you derailed the last thread believing everything revolves around you (which it doesn't).

Second, as I said, you don't have to be rude about your opinion.