Battlefield 4 Being Banned in China!

VinWarrior

Battlefield_4_China_Rising.jpg

Battlefield 4 has been banned in China after the release of the China Rising DLC. According to Techie News, the Chinese Government accused EA, Published by Battlefield, of creating a form of cultural invasion.

China Rising is Battlefield 4's first expansion. Set on the Chinese mainland, it contains new maps, modes, vehicles, assignments, and weapons and follows the fictional story of Admiral Chang, who wants to overthrow the government.

With the release, China's Ministry of Culture wants to ban all forms of Battlefield 4, and plans to prohibit the sale of physical copies of the game and all related downloads, demos, patches, and news. News site PCGames.com reports BF4 has been characterized as illegal on the grounds that it "endangers national security and cultural aggression."

Electronic Arts declined to comment on the matter, but considering it doesn't sell Battlefield 4 in China, the ruling might not come to matter too much. What is troubling for the company is the delay of the DLC where the game isn't banned. In a recent comment to IGN regarding the delay of the China Rising DLC, EA said, "We know many of our players are frustrated, and we feel your pain. We will not stop until this is right."

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/27/battlefield-4-banned-in-china-over-controversial-dlc

This post has been promoted to an article Edited by Edward Kenway
  • Like 1

Did the Russians and Germans get upset at Call Of Duty for portraying them as super evil villains and reminding us all of there terrible past? Is call of duty banned in country's who were offended by it? If not, then I don't see how its fair to ban this game, if call of duty can get away with it...

Did the Russians and Germans get upset at Call Of Duty for portraying them as super evil villains and reminding us all of there terrible past? Is call of duty banned in country's who were offended by it? If not, then I don't see how its fair to ban this game, if call of duty can get away with it...

I think Modern Warfare 3 was banned in Russia because of its racist attitude to the Eastern nations.

Germany did also ban some of the games because it was, essentially what it is, a "personal insult" to the German people.

Before you start asking if Germans are in any way affected by America, try talking with a German.

A few Germans I've talked to that went to America was very timid of people knowing they're Germans purely because they're terrified of being called "Nazis" and subsequently assaulted by the nearest bunch of misinformed idiots. Yes, they are scared of that. More than one have said the exact same thing in nearly the exact same words. And if you know how American law enforcement works in the majority of states, the German visitors will not get justice, the people who assaulted the German visitors would not, at all, face prison time. Don't argue that, it is almost fact that American law enforcement is biased as all hell (as well as it still being racist). All the German people I've talked to, regardless of what country they're in (apart from Germany, obviously), are extremely uncomfortable with staying in hotels with a German flag because of the "Nazi stigma" that, mostly America, have exaggerated so shockingly. Yeah, I've heard American children over Xbox that think all Germans are Nazis. The oldest one to still think that was 13; I personally think that is very upsetting, don't you (youngest was 9)?

So no, don't say that what America has done doesn't at all make Germans uncomfortable.

Yes, this is true. I have talked to many German people, most feel the same way, an odd few did not, some wouldn't know because they haven't ventured outside of their homeland Germany.

China Rising is Battlefield 4's first expansion. Set on the Chinese mainland, it contains new maps, modes, vehicles, assignments, and weapons and follows the fictional story of Admiral Chang, who wants to overthrow the government.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/27/battlefield-4-banned-in-china-over-controversial-dlc

To the highlighted red - No it doesn't do that. Wot. Damn EA lying again.

To the people who think the government is being dumb for banning a game - keep in mind, this is China. The culture here is different. Some of the people have been so addicted to gaming they die because they didn't eat and drink in favor of playing some horrible computer game. Many of the people (Though still a low percentage [i hope]) aren't...."nice", to say the least. They probably thought it better safe than sorry, and so banned away the game to keep the psychos who exist from playing it.

In any case....

I still have BF4 - AND China Rising. :/ Wonder what's going to happen to me. Hopefully nothing.

To the people who think the government is being dumb for banning a game - keep in mind, this is China. The culture here is different. Some of the people have been so addicted to gaming they die because they didn't eat and drink in favor of playing some horrible computer game. Many of the people (Though still a low percentage [i hope]) aren't...."nice", to say the least. They probably thought it better safe than sorry, and so banned away the game to keep the psychos who exist from playing it.

There's been cases such as this, and cases of murder for games, in America.

Wouldn't go to say that this is essentially "safe than sorry", just that the DLC is probably very offensive as well as most likely racist. 

If I was Prime Minister of Britain, I'd ban films, games and other media that portrayed Britain, or other countries, in extremist ways when they're inaccurate. For example, I'd ban Homefront for extrapolating the leader of North Korea to every other person from North Korea, and then teach younger players that South Korea would submit to this, as well as China.

In Homefront, China loses to North Korea.

In the real world, North Korea would never be able to defeat China alone. Much less that this also would probably mean Britain declares war as well a possibly America (depending on how much they value their alliance). If the events of Homefront were real, a lot of countries would attack North Korea because of it being in a state of anarchy.

Herpderp, even I would totally ban things.

EDIT:

We'll see who enjoys banning until my day of reckoning...

The one where TAKE BACK THE COLONIES!

There's been cases such as this, and cases of murder for games, in America.

Wouldn't go to say that this is essentially "safe than sorry", just that the DLC is probably very offensive as well as most likely racist. 

No. The DLC features nothing but new maps, weapons, vehicles, and the occasional f2p elements.  Nothing that is offensive or racist. The game itself is probably more offensive and racist to the chinese, and having played through it I can tell you it isn't. Unless you call shooting a dude who is chinese being "offensive."

Honestly, the only offensive thing might be how bad the AI are; you mow through them.