HALO 2 Vista GFWL removal information needed

Well I don't see much information about what 343 Industries is going to do with Halo 2 for PC besides a pinned poll post to how many people would like to keep the servers running.  But now of course there is more issues with the removal of GFWL.  I think we the users of the game should have more information to whether or not the servers will be pulled to play online and if the game will be playable in the near future after GFWL will be pulled.  This is one of the big downfalls of being a PC gamer but you get the same by buying games on PSN or XBLA when they decide to pull the servers on those systems.  I don't think its fair that we pay for a game that we can no longer play but this isn't 343 Industries fault this is more an issue with Microsoft and would have been if Bungie still had control over the game.  343 come on give us a head up I know we can play the game now but will we be able to play this in the future will you be giving us a fix or not.    

Well first off this isn't 343i this is just a community forum
If you have any questions regarding Halo 2 Vista please ask @bsangel on twitter or the waypoint forums because I am sure they will have answers for you
And as for the servers being taken down it was supposed to happy back in July or something  but 343i love you all so much they decided to not let that happen. 

I've seen some developers communicate through these forums in the past to indicate they were going to keep the servers running.  I know all about the servers still running but when GFWL gets removed that means the servers will shutdown and you might possibly not even be able to play the game at all.  But thanks I'll contact @bsange on twitter.

I've seen some developers communicate through these forums in the past to indicate they were going to keep the servers running.  I know all about the servers still running but when GFWL gets removed that means the servers will shutdown and you might possibly not even be able to play the game at all.  But thanks I'll contact @bsange on twitter.

You must be confusing this place with Halo Waypoint. 343 Studios doesn't come here often. Best of luck with finding your answer! 

GFWL will not impact the servers.  The host migration for the master server list was already migrated into the datacenters used woldwide a few months ago.  As long as the server list stays up, you can find hosted games.  Without GFWL or even a server list, the game still functions.

• Like 1

GFWL will not impact the servers.  The host migration for the master server list was already migrated into the datacenters used woldwide a few months ago.  As long as the server list stays up, you can find hosted games.  Without GFWL or even a server list, the game still functions.

Can I still earn achievements and have them appear on my Xbox Live account? 

Can I still earn achievements and have them appear on my Xbox Live account? 

I would assume not mainly due to the fact that GFWL is no longer the game client.  (Thank the lord)  The servers will still be up however (YEY!) The main server is hosted by Gamespy (I could be wrong on that, I know CE is hosted by gamespy).  Even still, if people are running servers, then you can play online, matchmaking obviously wouldn't work.  (ohh nooz!) :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...