Help Change my gamertag

DrunkPonyMaster

I think it's cute how people think that a company as large as Microsoft actually even READ filed reports. xD Basically here is what happens. A report is filed. The automated system that Microsoft has in place notes this report. If there are enough similar reports, the system takes action with either a ban, warning, or making someone change their gamertag. No one actually READS the reports, because there are simply too many made on a daily basis. So Vincent, all you have to do is ask your friends to report your g-tag, or if you don't have friends, make some, and then get THEM to report your gtag. :D

I think it's cute how people think that a company as large as Microsoft actually even READ filed reports. xD Basically here is what happens. A report is filed. The automated system that Microsoft has in place notes this report. If there are enough similar reports, the system takes action with either a ban, warning, or making someone change their gamertag. No one actually READS the reports, because there are simply too many made on a daily basis. So Vincent, all you have to do is ask your friends to report your g-tag, or if you don't have friends, make some, and then get THEM to report your gtag. :D

No one said that some person actually reads the reports one by one. The same automated system has filters though and double checks the reports and why they are filed, and if the name of the gamertag (such in this case) passes through the filters, nothing happens. Simple as that.

No one said that some person actually reads the reports one by one. The same automated system has filters though and double checks the reports and why they are filed, and if the name of the gamertag (such in this case) passes through the filters, nothing happens. Simple as that.

Except that the filters of which you speak actually prevent people from creating crude gamertags for x-box live. Trust me, tried to make one that was WILDLY inappropriate. And I know two people who have changed their g-tags by having people report them. The system used is the same one for reports about system tampering and glitching. If there are enough reports about system tampering and glitching, then BLAMO, autobanned. The system was created with the logic of "Well, whatever filter we make, someone will figure out a way through it, and we have more important things to do, so if it offends enough people then we will make them change it." You would be surprised at how few people who have gtags that say things like "Baibeetr91" actually get forced to change their tags.